Game plan for Chicago...

Tcali

Run,run,run,run. Run even if we arent getting first downs. -As soon as JP starts passing as a result of our run failure the rout will be on.

-If we get somewhat successful with the run an occasional play action or quick hitter over the middle will be OK.

-Lets eat up some clock and keep the game within reach.-A couple of turnovers combined with solid special teams play and a few breaks is our best shot.

Neither of our lines is in the same league with the Bears. We should try to minimize that discrepancy.

This may be funny considering I am not a Losman fan. But the best way to beat a strong physical defense is by spreading them out.

This may be a game where the No-Huddle for 60 minutes may serve the Bills well. Take the Bears out of their base defense and force them to play 60 in the nickle and dime.

I also know Evans is an outside speed guy. But it's time to use him like Andre. Slot him up and let him use his moves and great hands. Force the Bears to change their coverage or cover him with a Safety or Nickle.

<_<

This may be funny considering I am not a Losman fan. But the best way to beat a strong physical defense is by spreading them out.

This may be a game where the No-Huddle for 60 minutes may serve the Bills well. Take the Bears out of their base defense and force them to play 60 in the nickle and dime.

I also know Evans is an outside speed guy. But it's time to use him like Andre. Slot him up and let him use his moves and great hands. Force the Bears to change their coverage or cover him with a Safety or Nickle.

:lol:

794449[/snapback]

Man you don't like anyone on a Buffalo team until they prove you wrong, do you? <_<

by willis getting clobbered 3 straight times in the backfield?

lol.

794444[/snapback]

YES..L O L..which is better than JP getting sacked and intercepted .At least if we punt we are using up more clock and hoping our D will hold up and we get a turnover or two. L O L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Maybe their offense wont do too much.

I agree with the original poster, especially on the road, against a defense that thrives on turnovers. The Less we minimize the potential for interceptions or blind sided hits and fumbles, and keeping ourselves in manageable down and distances we'll be fine. Chicago has a great defense however they do not have the best rush defense in the nfl. They rank 19th in the league in yards per attempt allowed. 10th overall in yards against the rush. A game plan similar againt the vikings, even if the run game isn't producing big yardage totals, having the threat of a run game can be just as productive in keeping defenses honest. The last thing we want to do vs the bears is go there and try to throw all over the field. If that happens it will get ugly fast.

<_<

794449[/snapback]

aint gonna happen.we arent ready or good enough to spread their D out. That will be a disaster.They will just tee off on our O line.--which is mediocre to average.

Man you don't like anyone on a Buffalo team until they prove you wrong, do you?  :lol:

794450[/snapback]

Like Chuck D (from 'Public Enemy' not WGR) said, "Don't Believe the Hype". I don't care how good a player may be. I only care how good a player is.

It's like Sabres GM Regier. You put up 63 wins and I'll show some respect. You need to do more than a vaudeville soft shoe in a press conference to get respect. <_<

<_<

794449[/snapback]

They would probably shift they're #1 corner (Vasher) to the slot with him and play him man on man.

Ahman Green, who had gone over 100yds rushing just once in the last 18 games he's played in, went for 110yds on 20 carries against this D in Week 1. 

We can run the ball with success.

794477[/snapback]

Didn't the Packers lose 26-0?

And 37 of those yards came after the score became 26 - 0?

Didn't the Packers lose 26-0?

And 37 of those yards came after the score became 26 - 0?

794479[/snapback]

I know what the final score to the game was, and I realize that GB shot itself in the foot a couple of times to end up in that predicament. That doesn't mean that we won't be able to run. It will be tough, but we HAVE to run.

It's like Sabres GM Regier. You put up 63 wins and I'll show some respect. You need to  do more than a vaudeville soft shoe in a press conference to get respect. <_<

794457[/snapback]

Losman put up 300+ yards against the jets, 200+ against the vikings, Isn't that enough to show some respect?

Regier had one good year that he basically played as a crap shoot, signing everyone to a one year deal cause the guy didn't have a clue if he had a team that could compete in the new NHL (and then spouts off he has been building a team to compete in the new NHL for the past couple years)

I don't know why everyone seems so afraid of the Bears. We played the best team so far this decade twice a year! They aren't better than the Patriots!

I think this team is going to surprise everyone this week.

Were better than Detroit, Minny and GB.

Let's go Bills!!!!!!!!

I dont know which way to go about it, whether to run and set up the pass, or pass and set up the run, but i feel confident in being able to throw against them. I think it might be easier to come out throwing to get that 8th man out of the box and the throw in some draws or screens. I dont know, i can also see us running both downs, getting nowhere, and throwing on 3rd. I think if JP can stay calm against the pass rush, and not feel like he has to do everything himself, we are in good shape.

I would however like to see their defense against our 4 WR sets.

I think we'll see a lot more rollouts and misdirection plays than we've seen to date, and on defense, I think they'll stick with the 2-deep zone to guard against their deep ball but blitz the corners and linebackers - Grossman still hasn't proven that he sees everything that takes place out there.

Holy schit, the sabres play tomorrow night.

I think we should use there aggressiveness against them with some screens and play action. I still think we can get some seperation from there DB's with our speedy receivers.

I would also like to see JP rolling out to take some of the pressure off the OL. And see some more scrambling from JP. That will keep the defense honost.