Game plan for Chicago...

Tcali

The best way to defeat their vaunted defense is using the no-huddle offense. They substituted players every other down, and if they were forced to stay on the field for four or more downs, they would pass out from exhaustion. Its too bad we don't play it anymore, it would wear them down really fast.

Losman put up 300+ yards against the jets, 200+ against the vikings, Isn't that enough to show some respect?

Regier had one good year that he basically played as a crap shoot, signing everyone to a one year deal cause the guy didn't have a clue if he had a team that could compete in the new NHL (and then spouts off he has been building a team to compete in the new NHL for the past couple years)

794493[/snapback]

A) No. If Losman wants respect he has to get it done on third downs (beyond the marker) and at the end of games. I judge QB's when the games on the line. If you go by numbers Damon Huard went 18-23 for 208 and 2 TDS in only his 8th start. For those fixed on Losman's 12 starts.

B) How many Conference Finals has Regier been to? 3? And one Cup Final? Plus his team is a favorite to go further this year. I think you can say he has had more then one good year. The Sabres have talent up and down the roster. So much so, they have players in the ROC that could make many other teams in the NHL. <_<

A) No. If Losman wants respect he has to get it done on third downs (beyond the marker) and at the end of games. I judge QB's when the games on the line. If you go by numbers Damon Huard went 18-23 for 208 and 2 TDS in only his 8th start. For those fixed on Losman's 12 starts.

B) How many Conference Finals has Regier been to? 3? And one Cup Final? Plus his team is a favorite to go further this year. I think you can say he has had more then one good year. The Sabres have talent up and down the roster. So much so, they have players in the ROC that could make many other teams in the NHL.  <_<

794723[/snapback]

You don't like anything, do you...

B) How many Conference Finals has Regier been to? 3? And one Cup Final? Plus his team is a favorite to go further this year. I think you can say he has had more then one good year. The Sabres have talent up and down the roster. So much so, they have players in the ROC that could make many other teams in the NHL.  <_<

794723[/snapback]

How many times has Regier had that success without hasek in net? So the Sabres are favorites to go to the cup this year, they were also favorites to lead the basement of the league last year, early season predictions mean nothing, even Lindy Ruff mentioned this the other day.

You don't like anything, do you...

794828[/snapback]

He needs to change his name to Deluca 180, wait til the Bills have a season like the Sabres did last year, he will be praising JP and Marv and going on about how this is the way a team is supposed to be built in the NFL.

He was the same way with the Sabres before last season, they started winning and everything changed.

This may be funny considering I am not a Losman fan. But the best way to beat a strong physical defense is by spreading them out.

This may be a game where the No-Huddle for 60 minutes may serve the Bills well. Take the Bears out of their base defense and force them to play 60 in the nickle and dime.

I also know Evans is an outside speed guy. But it's time to use him like Andre. Slot him up and let him use his moves and great hands. Force the Bears to change their coverage or cover him with a Safety or Nickle.

<_<

794449[/snapback]

Seattle tried that last week and were extraordinarily unsuccessful. You face the pass protection dilemma when you spread out. If Chicago's front four can get heat w/o linebackers/safeties blitzing spreading out the defense does nothing. It's 5 against 4 because you've taken the TEs out and presumably the fullback. I'd take Tommie Harris in a 1-1 matchup against any lineman on our roster. I'd probably take him in most double teams we can bring.

I like the ace formation for this one. Two Wrs, 2 TEs and 1 RB. Very flexible, able to shift to either side because it's a balanced alignment and in the run game it puts our TEs on their OLBs which size wise is a win for us.

Chicago's scheme is similar to ours, get up field and swarm to the ball with zone over the top. TE's can shred the middle of a Cover 2 if you can keep your QB upright. In the run game think misdirection and traps. The D-line likes to penetrate and get to the ball, trap them in that. Nothing slow developing or outside the tackle because that allows their LBs to flow to the ball en masse.

We haven't seen much play action from JP all year and I think that will be a key part of our passing game. We have to take advantage of Chicago's speed and willingness to chase the ball. While play action occasionally hits a bomb for you because it fools the safety it more often opens up the middle of the field where the LB is supposed to drop into coverage. Make Briggs, Urlacher etc. take false steps then drop the ball over thier head a couple times, that will slow pursuit to the ball in the run game as well. Test backside contain as well. Play action to the right then drag the TE or slot reciver across the formation from the left. No reverses or bootlegs, they are too fast.

This may be funny considering I am not a Losman fan. But the best way to beat a strong physical defense is by spreading them out.

This may be a game where the No-Huddle for 60 minutes may serve the Bills well. Take the Bears out of their base defense and force them to play 60 in the nickle and dime.

I also know Evans is an outside speed guy. But it's time to use him like Andre. Slot him up and let him use his moves and great hands. Force the Bears to change their coverage or cover him with a Safety or Nickle.

<_<

794449[/snapback]

Just about all we saw from Seattle was 4 receiver sets. But we didn't go to the dime, we stayed in the nickel package and kept in 2 LBs. Urlacher and Briggs are fast enough that we can afford to do that against 4WRs. Our Defense stresses speed, not strength.

Playing 60 minutes of no-huddle might gain you an advantage. Since our D is so fast, they tend to tire out more quickly as well. So you might just wear them out. But you'd better be damned good at your no-huddle, it increases the chances of Offensive mistakes greatly, as well as limiting your play-calling. Also, crowd noise at Soldier Field could prevent you from audibling at scrimmage, something you really need to do in a no-huddle. Seems like an awfully big risk to take...

I'd also like to see more running plays designed to go outside. Even when Willis isn't making it to the perimeter and getting tons of yards -- the extra running and lateral movement required by the defenders has a way of tiring them out.

This would also be a good week to get the TEs more involved in the passing game.