This Bears game has me thinking

Da Bears have allowed only 7.2 points per game (lowest in the NFL), while scoring 29.0 points per game (#4 in the NFL).  The Bills are allowing 16.2 points per game (#9 in the NFL) while scoring only 17.5 points per game (#19 in the NFL). 

Notice the difference?  Da Bears are on average scoring over 4 times as many points as they allow.  That speaks of a team that is very hard to beat.  The Bills are almost breaking even in points scored vs. points allowed.  That's a team that's still struggling to find ways to win.

In any case, I hope that you can enjoy beating up on Detroit and Green Bay as we did..  :P

794071[/snapback]

we're getting better every week, though, and we've already shown that we can go into a hostile environment and play a strong game. I say you guys come out flat and overconfident, and we continue to evolve into a formidable team at your expense.

Bills 32

Bears 18

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

The Bills D, while pretty good in their own right, can't hold a candle to the Bears defense.

794051[/snapback]

I was saying that both teams are built identically on Defense in terms of Scheme and Personnel type

But if you Break it down:

Safeties Bears>Bills but Whitner and Simpson will be = by seasons end

CB Bears<Bills

LB Bears = Bills

D Line Bears>Bills

The Bears D is dominant, the Bills D is very good

The defenses look to be a carbon copy of eachother with the Bears getting a slight edge with having Urlacher (although a healthy Spikes would make it a wash).

793907[/snapback]

This sounds like absolute crazy talk to me. The current Bills D, with those rooks starting and TKO coming off TWO injuries, would be a wash when ranked against the NFL's #1 defense over the past three years??? Yikes.

The Bills defense looked okay against the Jets and Vikes, both dink-and-dunk offenses without an NFL-caliber RB. And the reality is, they didn't stop the Jets offense after the Bills cut the lead to one score, allowing a long TD drive to salt the game away. And they didn't truly stop the Vikes either, giving up a late TD and then barely surviving when the clock ran out with Minny on the 15 yard line.

Bills D is improved but is looking WAY up the ladder at Chicago.

Da Bears have allowed only 7.2 points per game (lowest in the NFL), while scoring 29.0 points per game (#4 in the NFL).  The Bills are allowing 16.2 points per game (#9 in the NFL) while scoring only 17.5 points per game (#19 in the NFL). 

Notice the difference?  Da Bears are on average scoring over 4 times as many points as they allow.  That speaks of a team that is very hard to beat.  The Bills are almost breaking even in points scored vs. points allowed.  That's a team that's still struggling to find ways to win.

In any case, I hope that you can enjoy beating up on Detroit and Green Bay as we did..  :P

794071[/snapback]

Or it speaks of a team that's played some LOUSY offenses, such as the TD-less for 8 straight quarter Vikes, or the happless packers and lions.

Just a thought.

OK I see what you're saying in that they are built similarly but the comparisons end there when it comes to skill

Cornerbacks:

The Bears' top 4 cornerbacks are superior to the Bills' unit BY FAR. Clements and McGee can stack up to their top 2 but as a whole, their secondary is a better, deeper unit.

Tillman, Vasher, Hester and Ricky Manning Jr

-vs-

Clements, McGee, Thomas and Greer

Add to it Mike Brown, who is a Pro Bowl safety, I think their secondary is frightening.

The D-Line, position by position, is far better and deeper as well.

I was saying that both teams are built identically on Defense in terms of Scheme and Personnel type

Safeties    Bears>Bills  but Whitner and Simpson will be = by seasons end

CB          Bears<Bills

LB            Bears = Bills

D Line      Bears>Bills

794083[/snapback]

i'd like to see anthony thomas score a td and that is not a diss towards willis....actually soldier field and the bears is almost like playing at the ralph.............same weather simular football stles or schemes of play.i think this is gonna be a 17-14 kinda game that could go either way ,but hopefuly the bills way....go bills!

Safeties    Bears>Bills  but Whitner and Simpson will be = by seasons end

CB          Bears<Bills

LB            Bears = Bills

D Line      Bears>Bills

794083[/snapback]

I don't think you've watched many Bears games if you think that your players right now are that close to da Bears.

Besides, it's not how the D-lines, etc. match up to each other that counts.

It's how da Bears D-line matches up to the Bills O-line, da Bears Corners to the Bills WRs, da Bears LBs to the Bills RBs, etc. And how the Bills D-line matches up to da Bears O-line, Bills Corners to Bears WRs, Bills LBs to Bears RBs & TEs...

Bears are a very good team, thats an argument no Bills fan will win. Bears are nasty team.

What im trying to say is that the Bears are coming off an impressive win over Seattle in a primetime game, I just think they are overlooking Buffalo and the Bills might sneak one away from them.

If Buffalo wins id be shocked if it was by more then a TD.

Its going to be a battle for sure, Buffalo will have to play flawless football all over the field to even have a chance at winning.

The games not played on paper, its played on the field. The best definition of that was the Jets/Colts game, Jets clearly should have won that game! But before the game everyone including myself thought the Jets would lose by atleast 21 points!

I don't think you've watched many Bears games if you think that your players right now are that close to da Bears.

Besides, it's not how the D-lines, etc. match up to each other that counts.

It's how da Bears D-line matches up to the Bills O-line, da Bears Corners to the Bills WRs, da Bears LBs to the Bills RBs, etc.  And how the Bills D-line matches up to da Bears O-line, Bills Corners to Bears WRs, Bills LBs to Bears RBs & TEs...

794153[/snapback]

This repeated use of "Da bears" is getting boring....May be I will start using the

"da bills" for everytime I want to refer to the Bills... :P

I'm not saying the Bills are necessarily going to win this game. Altho I hope they do and I do think they have a chance. However, I think some people including many of the power rankings, have the Bears overrated. The Bears beat up on an atrocious Packers and Lions team, barely beat a Minnesota team that I felt Buffalo beat up on pretty good until the end (plus I thought the reffing was questionable), and then they spanked the Alexanderless Seahawks at home. I think the Bears are good but putting up 30+ points against the Packer and Lions doesnt not make them the best team in the NFL. And don't underestimate the loss of Alexander to the Seahawks, he's a huge part of their team. It'd be like the colts losing Manning or the Patriots losing Brady. With that being said, it will be a tough game but if we don't turn the ball over I think we can hang with them and maybe eek out a win in hostile territory.

I'm not saying the Bills are necessarily going to win this game. Altho I hope they do and I do think they have a chance. However, I think some people including many of the power rankings, have the Bears overrated.  The Bears beat up on an atrocious Packers and Lions team, barely beat a Minnesota team that I felt Buffalo beat up on pretty good until the end (plus I thought the reffing was questionable), and then they spanked the Alexanderless Seahawks at home.  I think the Bears are good but putting up 30+ points against the Packer and Lions doesnt not make them the best team in the NFL.  And don't underestimate the loss of Alexander to the Seahawks, he's a huge part of their team.  It'd be like the colts losing Manning or the Patriots losing Brady.  With that being said, it will be a tough game but if we don't turn the ball over I think we can hang with them and maybe eek out a win in hostile territory.

794451[/snapback]

I agree with your points but I also believe that the Bills squeak out a win here ! Go Bills !

Da Bears are the more advanced team at this point. Bills are doing a damn good impression of the 1987 Bills who just missed the playoffs. The Team are closer than stats show, but that is the nature of the NFL... any given Sunday. IF the Bears do not take this Bills team seriously, then they could be in for a very long day. I expect the Bills to hang in the game and make it a match. A couple of good breaks and I can see the upset. This ought to be game of the week

sorry, but I just can't see the Bills putting more than 10 points on the board. Hope I'm wrong but...

793909[/snapback]

My personal opinion and prediction on the slim chance we win is 16-13 Bills. It will take all the crazy bounces and luck and overlooking everyone is spouting off though.

What will they say to dismiss our win if we beat the Bears ?

1) Dick Jauron had them up for the game ?

2) Seattle let down ?

3) Classic trap game, anyone could have beaten the Bears this week .

Any other excuses you can think of ?

794561[/snapback]

The bears lost the game....The bills had nothing to do with the win

The bears fumbled the ball 3 times...the bill had nothing to do with the fumbles.

The bears did not run the ball....the bills would have given up 200 yards rushing

The bears threw bad passes....the bills had no business intercepting them...the balls just fell on the defenders laps and stuck like a glue.

Bears are a very good team, thats an argument no Bills fan will win.  Bears are nasty team.

What im trying to say is that the Bears are coming off an impressive win over Seattle in a primetime game, I just think they are overlooking Buffalo and the Bills might sneak one away from them. 

If Buffalo wins id be shocked if it was by more then a TD. 

Its going to be a battle for sure, Buffalo will have to play flawless football all over the field to even have a chance at winning.

The games not played on paper, its played on the field.  The best definition of that was the Jets/Colts game, Jets clearly should have won that game! But before the game everyone including myself thought the Jets would lose by atleast 21 points!

794170[/snapback]

I just don;t see the seattle game or really any of their games as THAT impressive. Granted they are 4-0 but they haven't played a solid team yet.

OK I see what you're saying in that they are built similarly but the comparisons end there when it comes to skill

Cornerbacks:

The Bears' top 4 cornerbacks are superior to the Bills' unit BY FAR.  Clements and McGee can stack up to their top 2 but as a whole, their secondary is a better, deeper unit.

Tillman, Vasher, Hester and Ricky Manning Jr

-vs-

Clements, McGee, Thomas and Greer

Add to it Mike Brown, who is a Pro Bowl safety, I think their secondary is frightening.

The D-Line, position by position, is far better and deeper as well.

794111[/snapback]

You forgot to mention his biggest mistake, which is thinking that the Bills LBs are equal to the Bears. The Bears have the best starting LBs in the league and while our LBs are a solid bunch they don't even compare to the Bears at this point particularly with Spikes out. Even if Spikes came back 100% from his achilles I'd take the Bears LBs over ours (though it would be very close).

I just think all this love for the Bears is premature and overboard. Very solid, Very good team. But it seems people are putting them on this pedestal where why even bother showing up. You want to talk about position by position breakdown then so be it

CB Clements and McGee are very capable when compared with Tillman and Vasher. Chicago is hurting at WR depth so to say that the Bears 4th corner is better than Greer is negligible.

LB's Crowell, Fletcher, Spikes vs. Hillenmeyer, Urlacher, and Briggs

Crowell is every bit the backer Briggs is, Briggs is about 5 pounds heavier, but Crowell has more tackles, sacks and Interceptions

You mean to tell me you wouldn't take Spikes over Hillenmeyer, don't even need to break down that body of work

Urlacher is the complete package and is a better player than Fletcher. Fletcher is a very good LB, Urlacher is dominant. Overall, this unit is very close in capabilities

D Line- Ogunleye and Harris are better than our top 2 linemen no question. Ian Scott is a very nice player inside rounded out with Alex Brown. The Bear's D-line is very strong, the Bills D line is nice. Schobel and the boys in the middle have been doing a very good job but it's foolish to call them close to the same caliber as the Bears line.

The Bears are a very strong team and one that should be respected, but not feared. The Bills can win this thing, no doubt but it will take a tremendous effort. I'm just tired of hearing people prop teams up on a pedestal and wave the white flag at the first sight of adversity. Say what you want but I believe in this core of players we have and i'll stack them up against whatever the schedule throws our way.