Denied entry to Bills Game WTF!

Dont feel bad, same thing happened to me at the Chargers/Steelers game on Sunday night. They said my ticket had already been scanned. My buddy who paid for the tix and was sitting next to me got in. I went to the Customer Service office and one woman who worked there told me to leave, yes I had been drinking but i wasnt out of control. All I asked was to speak to someone about it and she threated to call the police. the sh------- thing is I couldnt call my buddy who was already inside because my cell phone died and I didnt have a charger with me, and in this day and age I dont memorize actual phone numbers anymore.

800994[/snapback]

The security and customer service at the Ralph have different color jackets on. I was able to get the color and numbers ( example blue 1609) of the persons I talked to which I included with my story.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont feel bad, same thing happened to me at the Chargers/Steelers game on Sunday night. They said my ticket had already been scanned. My buddy who paid for the tix and was sitting next to me got in. I went to the Customer Service office and one woman who worked there told me to leave, yes I had been drinking but i wasnt out of control. All I asked was to speak to someone about it and she threated to call the police. the sh------- thing is I couldnt call my buddy who was already inside because my cell phone died and I didnt have a charger with me, and in this day and age I dont memorize actual phone numbers anymore.

800994[/snapback]

Speaking of scanned tickets, here's a scam to watch out for:

Here in SW Ohio, I've heard several anecdotes and the experience of one bar owner, about folks passing off already-scanned scratch-off lotto tickets. It happens in bars, in the late evening. A guy, one who has been amicable to those around him for a while, wants another drink but "discovers" he's short on cash. So he produces a winning tix for say, 30 bucks and says he'll take 20 or maybe 15 for it. Somebody bites...they check the tix, see it's a winner, and make the deal. The fellow orders his drink, has it and then says goodbye.

When the mark tries to cash it in...he's stung.

The lotto agent is supposed to keep or destroy winners after pay-out. The bar owner (during the day, she sells lotto tix, beer, cigs, snacks etc at an attached storefront) said that the lottery folks told her that a lot of the bogus tix were coming from beverage drive-thru's.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by The Ralph and received my compensation. It seems I was the first fan(?) that had entry denied since the new admission rule started 3-4 years ago.

The Bills web site has the rule on it's site and I'm sure next year "The Hammer Rule" will be included in the season ticket holders guide book.

I will say that I am satisfied with the way my situation was handled once it got to the right people. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD this year.

I stopped by The Ralph and received my compensation. It seems I was the first fan(?) that had entry denied since the new admission rule started 3-4 years ago.

The Bills web site has the rule on it's site and I'm sure next year "The Hammer Rule" will be included in the season ticket holders guide book.

I will say that I am satisfied with the way my situation was handled once it got to the right people. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD this year.

810263[/snapback]

If you don't mind me asking, what was the compensation?

Wins will be hard to come by this year, I'm not sure there is much they could give you for making you miss one!

810263[/snapback]

Hopefully the Hammer Rule wont come in Hammer-time. I don't think those pants or for that matter, the dance suit you Hammer.

I am interested in knowing why you are so interested if you don't mind saying.

810902[/snapback]

I'm interested also...just wondering how a local "celeb" gets treated....I think its relevant....

Please let us know....I'm dyin' over here!

810263[/snapback]

Maybe they should just say "Hammer Rules!"

:lol:

If you just remember that 2006 = 1984, you may not feel so bad. :P

810902[/snapback]

I'm interested in knowing as well...because it's a not unimportant part of how the team handled the situation. If you don't want to or can't tell, that's fine...but whether you got a 20-year old Smurf figurine or the cheerleader of your choice does also indicate how you were treated, regardless of how satisfied you are with it (maybe you collect Smurf figurines, for all we know).

810902[/snapback]

Maybe because it is the entire point to the story you told.

You post up about how you were denied entry to get into the stadium late and how you were arguing with the Bills about compensation, etc. and now you end it with, I went to the stadium to pick up my compensation.

I'm guessing people just want to know how the quality of customer service is from this organisation. I guess people just want to know weither you received just a "We're Sorry", or a shopping spree in the discount bin at the Bills store (great PW, EM, DB, LM gear and posters in there), or a free beverage (small) and hotdog at the next game you attend, or a free ticket to a Bills game of their choice, or 1hr rental of Ralphs Taurus, or if they offered you the position as LT in this weeks game.

You post up about how you were denied entry to get into the stadium late and how you were arguing with the Bills about compensation, etc. and now you end it with, I went to the stadium to pick up my compensation.

811002[/snapback]

You're right, this story could end up like being the finale of Seinfeld.

Maybe because it is the entire point to the story you told.

I'm guessing people just want to know how the quality of customer service is from this organisation. I guess people just want to know weither you received  just a "We're Sorry", or a shopping spree in the discount bin at the Bills store (great PW, EM, DB, LM gear and posters in there), or a free beverage (small) and hotdog at the next game you attend, or a free ticket to a Bills game of their choice, or 1hr rental of Ralphs Taurus, or if they offered you the position as LT in this weeks game.

811002[/snapback]

OK The Bills Customer Service Dept. ending up offering me entry into one of the club sections and free food. My seat was not a club ticket so they offered me more than the price of my ticket. Because of the way I was raised, and KARMA, I could not take the club offer and settled for the value of my ticket.

Did I do the right thing???

OK The Bills Customer Service Dept. ending up offering me entry into one of the  club sections and free food. My seat was not a club ticket so they offered me more than the price of my ticket. Because of the way I was raised, and KARMA, I could not take the club offer and settled for the value of my ticket.

811257[/snapback]

You did the right thing if you feel you ended up getting what you deserved - you lost a seat valued at $x and you got that same $x back (although an offer to play LT for a game or 2 sounds tempting, especially if you get to keep the uniform and the game checks).

Good thing you didn't mess with karma - hate to think you'd have to spend the rest of your life crossing things off a list... :lol:

OK The Bills Customer Service Dept. ending up offering me entry into one of the  club sections and free food. My seat was not a club ticket so they offered me more than the price of my ticket. Because of the way I was raised, and KARMA, I could not take the club offer and settled for the value of my ticket.

811257[/snapback]

Would it matter? Since you only show up for the 4th quater anyways, you probably can sit pretty much whereever you want, since the stadium empties out early.

You did the right thing if you feel you ended up getting what you deserved - you lost a seat valued at $x and you got that same $x back (although an offer to play LT for a game or 2 sounds tempting, especially if you get to keep the uniform and the game checks).

Good thing you didn't mess with karma - hate to think you'd have to spend the rest of your life crossing things off a list... :lol:

811270[/snapback]

I don't know, my favorite was the Taurus rental, imagine cruising down the Elmwood strip, Driving RALPH WILSONS TAURUS!!!!

Yeah KArma can be a B word, Screw you Carson Daily for creating it!!

I'd have taken what they offered....they made you jump through hoops and didn't treat you right on that day. That said, I can respect your decision. Thanks for letting us know.

I thought they would have thrown in free parking somewhere in the deal!

811257[/snapback]

If you feel that you didn't deserve to be compensated for the time you lost dealing with this, then yes, you did the right thing.

I personally would have taken the club ticket. They did treat you well though by offering this. I was interested in knowing what the result would be as I've never had to deal with the Bills with any legitimate complaint. Seems like they did what they could to rectify the situation.

811257[/snapback]

You did the right thing Hammer. Although the club would be nice for a Dec. game. :lol: Glad to hear that they settled up with you fair.

811257[/snapback]

Personally, I don't think Karma enters into it here. You weren't trying to rip anyone off and IMHO, you deserved more than face value for the ticket since you lost time. Time is VERY valuable, and they wasted yours.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking the club tickets and food, but we all have our own moral compass so you do what feels right to you. :lol:

CW