Stat shown during game.

Gary M

THAT'S a helluva jump.

791881[/snapback]

It isn't. I'm making fun of the people who call WGR and basically count JP out and say he's never going to amount to anything in the NFL. (This includes Fred Smerlas.)

Most of the anti-JP crowd likes to revel in statements that make no sense -- like asking a QB with 11 career starts to be an established NFL star. Comparing him to a once in a generation QB like Tom Brady doesn't prove anything.

I'm not saying he WILL win a Super Bowl, mind you, just that the anti-JP stuff is garbage at this point.

Jp leads the QBs in 3rd down passing completions 74%

791871[/snapback]

i saw that stat as well and thought "what a worthless number".......if a QB checks down short of the first down consistantly his % would be padded, but of course that's not good for the offense........the more interesting number is simply 3rd down conversion rate, which for the bills was only 28% heading into today's game, 4th worst in the league

i saw that stat as well and thought "what a worthless number".......if a QB checks down short of the first down consistantly his % would be padded, but of course that's not good for the offense........the more interesting number is simply 3rd down conversion rate, which for the bills was only 28% heading into today's game, 4th worst in the league

791929[/snapback]

Today he hit a bunch of 3rd and 5+ though. I was definitely impressed with those.

791929[/snapback]

I thought the same thing, and it seemed like one of those stats that the pro-Holcomb camp would have thrown out in an pre-season debate...even as a Losman fan, I am not so naive as to think that without context, that stat means nothing, especially given that we have seen Losman make safe, short, check-down throws on 3rd & medium/3rd & long this year.

I think the 3rd-down conversion stat is a little better, but that also begs for context...the one stat I thought Fox did well with today was showing how each team was doing with 3rd & less than X yards vs. how they did in 3rd and more than X yards. It really magnifies the concept that when a team makes mistakes on 1st & 2nd downs, it really puts the O at a big disadvantage when it comes to converting on 3rd down.

I thought the same thing, and it seemed like one of those stats that the pro-Holcomb camp would have thrown out in an pre-season debate...even as a Losman fan, I am not so naive as to think that without context, that stat means nothing, especially given that we have seen Losman make safe, short, check-down throws on 3rd & medium/3rd & long this year. 

I think the 3rd-down conversion stat is a little better, but that also begs for context...the one stat I thought Fox did well with today was showing how each team was doing with 3rd & less than X yards vs. how they did in 3rd and more than X yards.  It really magnifies the concept that when a team makes mistakes on 1st & 2nd downs, it really puts the O at a big disadvantage when it comes to converting on 3rd down.

791949[/snapback]

You mean like having a false start on your first offensive series? <_<

Today he hit a bunch of 3rd and 5+ though.  I was definitely impressed with those.

791940[/snapback]

They were 5 for 14? And one was the McGahee TD? And one was a three yard pass to Reed on 3rd and 13? That leaves three? So, when did he "hit a bunch" of anything. B-)

Losman hit one third down pass for a first down. That was the 23 yarder. He took as many sacks as he had completions on third dow. The other two were a QB sneak and a McGahee run.

So what were you impressed with again? I can't wait to find out. :D

So what were you impressed with again? I can't wait to find out.  B-)

792441[/snapback]

Let's see...

• 10 passing 1st downs
  • 0 turnovers
  • 23-32 for 222 yards and a TD
  • spreading the ball around to 8 different receivers
  • a QB rating of 101.3

Oh, and they won.

You are losing your crusade, Smerlas.

Let's see...

•  
  • 10 passing 1st downs

• 0 turnovers

• a QB rating of 101.3

Oh, and they won.

792450[/snapback]

F*ck yeah. Don't forget the resident haters that reside here, as well.

Speaking of stats shown in the game, what was up with them starting the game saying it was Jauron's second year as Bills head coach? 

Is it me?!  This is his first year... right?    B-)

792175[/snapback]

I heard second stint, but I have **** for brains so don't listen to a word I say.

They were 5 for 14? And one was the McGahee TD? And one was a three yard pass to Reed on 3rd and 13? That leaves three? So, when did he "hit a bunch" of anything.  B-)

Losman hit one third down pass for a first down. That was the 23 yarder. He took as many sacks as he had completions on third dow. The other two were a QB sneak and a McGahee run.

So what were you impressed with again? I can't wait to find out.  :D

792441[/snapback]

Are you fuggin serious, or is this sarcasm? If serious, crawl back under your rock and wait for a loss to spew your crap. If sarcasm, well done.

Let's see...

•  
  • 10 passing 1st downs

• 0 turnovers

• a QB rating of 101.3

Oh, and they won.

792450[/snapback]

And I qoute "Today he hit a bunch of 3rd and 5+ though. I was definitely impressed with those."

Which third and 5+ were you impressed by?

10 passing 1st downs? The Dolphins had 12. Texans 13. Lions 16. I can go on.

And throwing 3 yard completions on 3 and 13 will pad a lot of stats like completion percentage and QB rating.

Of the 11 AFC teams that have played the full four games. The Bills are 10th in passing. The Bills are only better then Raiders in the AFC on third downs.

Third downs?

Losman was 3 for 8, 8 yards and 2 sacks? Yep. The Kids a gamer.

But you are right about one thing. It is an improvement. With the standard set so low last season almost anything would be I guess :devil:

And I qoute "Today he hit a bunch of 3rd and 5+ though. I was definitely impressed with those."

And throwing 3 yard completions on 3 and 13 will pad a lot of stats like completion percentage and QB rating.

Of the 11 AFC teams that have played the full four games. The Bills are 10th in passing. The Bills are only better then Raiders in the AFC on third downs. 

Third downs?

But you are right about one thing. It is an improvement. With the standard set so low last season almost anything would be I guess :devil:

793424[/snapback]

You know that old saying, about an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters recreating the complete works of Shakespeare?

Your posts: three monkeys, one typewriter. :devil:

Third downs?

793424[/snapback]

Let me just ask you this. Serioulsy, how would you fix these problems? I'm curious to see what your answer will be. That's all.