A gay old time

I have a friend named Carlos who is unemployed and he was feeling down and I offered to take him out for a drink. Carlos is gay --what some may call a "flamer" -- so he asked me if I minded going to a gay bar. I said no, I didn't mind.

So we went to this bar, which was very nice, and the people were friendly. There were alot of very nice looking, masculine looking men there -- people who don't fit the stereotype of the effeminiate gay man. I had a nice time.

Then Carlos sees an old flame of his and they start kissing -- I mean, not a peck on the cheek stuff, but a real kissy-kiss, tongues and all. I was shocked. I know what you're thinking -- I'm in a gay bar, so what did I expect? But I really didn't feel comfortable seeing two men kiss like this. I just stood there with a silly smile on my face.

Then on the way home Carlos is talking about what he likes in a man, (big behinds, etc.) We're driving along I-95 and he's blowing kisses to truck drivers and once again I'm saying to myself "ewwwww!"

Carlos is a nice guy and I've known him for years, but if we do go out again, I think I'll skip the gay bars.

I try to judge people on their character, not their race, sexual orientation etc. but -- I guess I'm not as liberal as I thought :D

P.S.: While we were at this bar this lesbian winked and smiled at me.

Uh, no.

When I moved to Norfolk after college I was looking for bars and clubs to hang out at so i asked one of my coworkers. he gave me the name of a bar and said i shouldn't have any problem finding someone to hookup with.

that weekend i checked the place out. noticed an awful lot of guys but guessed that if the place was as easy to find a hookup as my coworker said, the place would be popular. sat up at the bar, ordered a beer, and looked around. and then it occured to me where i was :D

as soon as i finished my beer i was out the door. on monday we all had a good laugh at my expense :D

When I moved to Norfolk after college I was looking for bars and clubs to hang out at so i asked one of my coworkers.  he gave me the name of a bar and said i shouldn't have any problem finding someone to hookup with.

that weekend i checked the place out.  noticed an awful lot of guys but guessed that if the place was as easy to find a hookup as my coworker said, the place would be popular.  sat up at the bar, ordered a beer, and looked around.  and then it occured to me where i was :D

as soon as i finished my beer i was out the door.  on monday we all had a good laugh at my expense :blink:

791059[/snapback]

So you didnt hook up??? :D:(

When I moved to Norfolk after college I was looking for bars and clubs to hang out at so i asked one of my coworkers.  he gave me the name of a bar and said i shouldn't have any problem finding someone to hookup with.

that weekend i checked the place out.  noticed an awful lot of guys but guessed that if the place was as easy to find a hookup as my coworker said, the place would be popular.  sat up at the bar, ordered a beer, and looked around.  and then it occured to me where i was :doh:

as soon as i finished my beer i was out the door.  on monday we all had a good laugh at my expense ;)

791059[/snapback]

Don't worry, they're probably all squares in "the quilt" by now! <_<

I have a friend named Carlos who is unemployed and he was feeling down and I offered to take him out for a drink.  Carlos is gay --what some may call a "flamer" -- so he asked me if I minded going to a gay bar.  I said no, I didn't mind. 

So we went to this bar, which was very nice, and the people were friendly.  There were alot of very nice looking, masculine looking men there -- people who don't fit the stereotype of the effeminiate gay man.  I had a nice time. 

Then Carlos sees an old flame of his and they start kissing -- I mean, not a peck on the cheek stuff, but a real kissy-kiss, tongues and all.  I was shocked.  I know what you're thinking -- I'm in a gay bar, so what did I expect?  But I really didn't feel comfortable seeing two men kiss like this.  I just stood there with a silly smile on my face.

Then on the way home Carlos is talking about what he likes in a man, (big behinds, etc.) We're driving along I-95 and he's blowing kisses to truck drivers and once again I'm saying to myself "ewwwww!"

Carlos is a nice guy and I've known him for years, but if we do go out again, I think I'll skip the gay bars.

I try to judge people on their character, not their race, sexual orientation etc.  but -- I guess I'm not as liberal as I thought  <_<

P.S.:  While we were at this bar this lesbian winked and smiled at me. 

Uh, no.

790992[/snapback]

so Puhonix finally came out of the closet, eh? :doh:

that weekend i checked the place out.  noticed an awful lot of guys but guessed that if the place was as easy to find a hookup as my coworker said, the place would be popular.  sat up at the bar, ordered a beer, and looked around.  and then it occured to me where i was B-)

as soon as i finished my beer i was out the door.  on monday we all had a good laugh at my expense :D

791059[/snapback]

I'm trying to decide whether or not it was a good thing that you finished that beer.