The NFL Is Filled With A Bunch Of Criminals

Buffalo Baumer

There would be a lot less people in every profession if those who deserved jail went. The biggest difference I see between NFL players and the buisness world is that the latter TYPICALLY is more grand scale and ruins more lives than the former. Let's get our priorities straight as to who needs to go to jail first.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that these players that are arrested because of intent to sell should be taken out of the game. I do not think it is fair to throw them out for good if it is a minor arrest and has happened for the first time. Once they are warned though, bam - out. These guys that take on criminal activity should be banned from the NFL on first offense. Guidelines need to be set and they need to be enforced.

The bottom line is that these players that are arrested because of intent to sell should be taken out of the game. I do not think it is fair to throw them out for good if it is a minor arrest  and has happened for the first time. Once they are warned though, bam - out.  These guys that take on criminal activity should be banned from the NFL on first offense. Guidelines need to be set and they need to be enforced.

788571[/snapback]

What do you think about sobriety checkpoints at every exit at all NFL stadiums after every game? :D

What do you think about sobriety checkpoints at every exit at all NFL stadiums after every game? :D

788578[/snapback]

If the NFL wants to install checkpoints after each game, I'm all for it. Obviously you could not have them stationed at all exits but if people knew that there is a chance they would be pulled over, you would see a lot more designated drivers.

I know your statement was meant to be sarcastic but I would not doubt that there will be checkpoints in the near future.......

It's a perception based partly on race and on the economic backgrounds of these players that this has made "criminals in the NFL" a media story.  Look up the stats on your congressmen and you'll find that the percentages of bad behavior are more out of whack there than in the NFL.

788293[/snapback]

How come none of this crap goes on in the NHL?

If the NFL wants to install checkpoints after each game, I'm all for it. Obviously you could not have them stationed at all exits but if people knew that there is a chance they would be pulled over, you would see a lot more designated drivers.

I know your statement was meant to be sarcastic but I would not doubt that there will be checkpoints in the near future.......

788607[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see if the beer sales and sponsorship deals between brewers and the NFL changes or outright stops. It's a curiosity to me that the NFL lawyers push for searches in the name of security (that is, reduction of their liability) yet wink at the booze arrangement. It's beyond discussion - so many game attendees have first-hand knowledge as well as stadium game day management has, of the mayhem that goes on.

I'm surprised that some predatory law firm hasn't collected ancedotes from the vomited-upon, racial epithet slung upon, the shoved, pushed, peed-upon folks etc. to hit them with a h*ll of a class-action suit. Stadiums have liquor licenses, food licenses, health inspection regs - and other eatery or alcohol servers could be and are roasted over the coals for such happenings. One might assume that the NFL greases certain palms.

In my view - the NFL currently shrugs off belligerence as long as the cash register sings that cha-ching.

Yeah, their guys only get arrested for battery. You obviously don't pay much attention to the NHL because those guys get DUIs all the time.

788646[/snapback]

More of a fan of the NHL than the NFL so I follow it very closely. It really appears to me that NHL players are closer to the norm of the general population and people of thier age. Lots of people get dui's. It's a mistake that many of us( yes me too) have made. I understand how it happens in every facet of life including the NFL. However, ive never dealt drugs, got involved in gun play. Raped a women and so on. Ive never heard of these more serious crimes going on in the NHL. Ive followed it all my life. I remember Bob Proberts getting in trouble for bringing something over the border but not too sell. To compare the crime rate and the severity of crimes of the NHL and both the NBA and NFL is ridiculous and you know it. Occurances of violent crime, drugs and so on are common place in these leagues. Rare and virtually non existent in the NHL.

More of a fan of the NHL than the NFL so I follow it very closely. It really appears to me that NHL players are closer to the norm of the general population and people of thier age. Lots of people get dui's. It's a mistake that many of us( yes me too) have made. I understand how it happens in every facet of life including the NFL. However, ive never dealt drugs, got involved in gun play. Raped a women and so on. Ive never heard of these more serious crimes going on in the NHL. Ive followed it all my life. I remember Bob Proberts getting in trouble for bringing something over the border but not too sell. To compare the crime rate and the severity of crimes of the NHL and both the NBA and NFL is ridiculous and you know it.

788673[/snapback]

Gunplay is the only difference, and that is an American thing versus a Canadian/European thing, rather than a NHL vs NFL thing. There are also more than twice as many players in the NFL, so there should be more than twice as many of these incidents. How many players on the Buffalo Bills right now have been in trouble out of 61? None?

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2006...o_get_his_shot/

http://www.playthegame.org/Knowledge%20ban...n%20Canada.aspx

http://www.badjocks.com/archive/apr1804.htm

http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/1/1...html?1139696159

Gunplay is the only difference, and that is an American thing versus a Canadian/European thing, rather than a NHL vs NFL thing. There are also more than twice as many players in the NFL, so there should be more than twice as many of these incidents. How many players on the Buffalo Bills right now have been in trouble out of 61? None?

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2006...o_get_his_shot/

http://www.playthegame.org/Knowledge%20ban...n%20Canada.aspx

http://www.badjocks.com/archive/apr1804.htm

http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/1/1...html?1139696159

788679[/snapback]

Your scrounging. First one is a tv show. Rape and murder occurs everywhere in every part of society. All your proving is that it hashappened before. I'd be surprised if it hadnt. It's the frequency that it happens is what were talking about. You are also digging up minor league hockey and and we are talking NHL vs NFL. You dont want me to start searching the net for all the NCCA atrocities do you?

Ok, a book was written a few years ago."Pro's and Con's" studying this stuff.

It says

"Benedict and Yaegar collected data concerning arrest records of 509 NFL players. Their book reports that 21 percent of 509 NFL players had been arrested for something more serious than a minor brush with the law."

Thats high.

Your scrounging. First one is a tv show. Rape and murder occurs everywhere in every part of society. All your proving is that it hashappened before. I'd be surprised if it hadnt. It's the frequency that it happens is what were talking about. You are also digging up minor league hockey and and we are talking NHL vs NFL. You dont want me to start searching the net for all the NCCA atrocities do you?

Ok, a book was written a few years ago."Pro's and Con's" studying this stuff.

It says

"Benedict and Yaegar collected data concerning arrest records of 509 NFL players. Their book reports that 21 percent of 509 NFL players had been arrested for something more serious than a minor brush with the law."

Thats high.

789006[/snapback]

First of all, read the first one. Tibbets played for three NHL teams. You were the one that said you never heard of such a thing. I did a two minute search and the first page provided four instances.

After reading about the Chargers safety that was busted yesterday on drug charges, I realized that it is time to stop glazing over these arrests without justified punishment. Until now, I have never really put much thought into how many of these players are getting off scott free.

I think it is up to the NFL to install a one and done policy IMMEDIATELY. There is a different arrest every single week and it is getting way out of control. These guys obviously came from a tough upbringing BUT they have every reason in the world to straighten up and they still can't make the right decisions. Enough is enough - you get caught on one of these charges and you are OUT OF THE NFL FOR LIFE!!!!!! Maybe losing their meal ticket will make them think twice....

788223[/snapback]

the chargers safety was caught with COUGH SYRUP...

788607[/snapback]

OK. We've all been to games. We've all seen the parking lot. Tell me this.

What percentage of drivers coming out of the lots, are legally drunk? That would be like 4 drinks over the course of the game. Now in most cases, that would be a pretty fair crime. In some repeat offender case, that would require serving jail time. ie, if each act was caught, prosecuted, and convicted, there would be one hell of a lot of criminal bills fans cooling their heels at Alden.

My guess is that 40% of drivers are over the limit.

In my theory, over a third of Rich Stadium guests are offenders ON GAME DAY! And somehow it's a federal crime that 35% of players have "{been in trouble with the law"{ some time in their lives.

It will be interesting to see if the beer sales and sponsorship deals between brewers and the NFL changes or outright stops. It's a curiosity to me that the NFL lawyers push for searches in the name of security (that is, reduction of their liability) yet wink at the booze arrangement. It's beyond discussion - so many game attendees have first-hand knowledge as well as stadium game day management has, of the mayhem that goes on.

I'm surprised that some predatory law firm hasn't collected ancedotes from the vomited-upon, racial epithet slung upon, the shoved, pushed, peed-upon folks etc. to hit them with a h*ll of a class-action suit.  Stadiums have liquor licenses, food licenses, health inspection regs -  and other eatery or alcohol servers could be and are roasted over the coals for such happenings. One might assume that the NFL greases certain palms.

In my view - the NFL currently shrugs off belligerence as long as the cash register sings that cha-ching.

788649[/snapback]

The "booze arrangement" is probably a method of keeping ticket prices down at RWS.

Yes, Bills tickets are cheap as compared to other NFL teams, but RWS holds more fans than most. This translates into a lot more cash from beer sales, and there is no reason to think that neither Ralph, nor the NFL is aware of this.

Imo, the change will come. Woody Johnson (imo) purchased the jests with every intention of moving them into Manhattan. I don't even think that they intended on having a parking lot, let alone tailgates. There would have been trendy (non-smoking) bars with 10 dollar beers between the planned (and defeated) site, and Penn Station. This would have been great for corporate CEOs and other very rich yuppies, but this arrangement would simply not fly in WNY, which is WAY more blue collar than is Manhattan.

I sympathize with those in this thread who have been vomited upon, etc., but football is going to attract a certain amount of young, rowdy males.

I have a 13 year old daghter, and I definitely WOULD (and I am a little strict) take her to a game at RWS. I would warn her that there might be some crazy people, but crazy people are everywhere.

In summary, yes, there are some rowdy fans, but I don't see RWS as truly out of control. When big changes ARE made, we might not all be as happy as we think.

Btw, the worst football game I ever saw in terms of bad behavior was at the Meadowlands. It was an Indian Summer Monday Night Bills/jests game played on Halloween. There were dozens upon dozens of serious assaults, Morganna "streaked" the field, seats were set on fire, at least 50 arrests, etc. At one point the game stopped and players were watching the fans fight. They changed drinking rules after that particular game. It was dubbed, "The Pumpkin Game."

I tried to google it......no luck. :blink:

the chargers safety was caught with COUGH SYRUP...

789014[/snapback]

Yeah, just cough syrup - sounds like a really good guy........

codeine-based cough syrup can be used to enhance, mitigate or temper other drugs, including cocaine and PCP.

"It goes right to the heart of what really is fueling an already out-of-control, raging fire of abuse of pharmaceutical drugs," Fernandes said.

Kiel was a second-round draft pick in 2003.

Three months after being drafted, Kiel was shot three times during an attempted carjacking in Houston. Kiel returned to play in all 16 games as a rookie, including eight starts.

It was the second run-in with the law by a Chargers player this month.

I'd be willing to bet that there are twice as many crooks per millionaire in the business world than in the NFL. :doh:

788233[/snapback]

as i've said many times before: for 85% of the players in the league, if not for the nfl, jail. there's a reason why this incredibly violent sport is filled with sociopaths. for those who think otherwise, i can only conclude that they live in a fantasy world.

as i've said many times before: for 85% of the players in the league, if not for the nfl, jail. there's a reason why this incredibly violent sport is filled with sociopaths. for those who think otherwise, i can only conclude that they live in a fantasy world.

789347[/snapback]

That's insane. So it's jail for 85% all the hockey players, too? It's just as violent. And so the best way to clean up the crime in this country is to just create 10,000 professional football leagues? How about the thousands of college and high school players whose talent is just a split second short of NFL players, but are just as tough and just as violent (not all are but a huge number, they just lacka little size or speed or talent). I suppose 85% of those are already in jail or next-cons. The Bills have 61 players on their roster. Please list the 10 or so that would not be in jail. I assume all others would be.