Question for the J.P.Losman haters

Like A Mofo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A QB like Drew Brees???

Just watching the game last night made me think of it...would a guy like Brees have made the Bills a playoff contender or would the Bills still have the same problems as they have now?

Discuss.

786997[/snapback]

Of course the Bills will be better with Brees at QB. Maybe even a playoff contender. JP Losman is still a year away. Just give him some time.

Funny, I was thinking about Brees/JP during last night's game as well. A little different angle though. Brees took what 2-3 seasons of play (not watching, not injured, play) to pull his act together and become a very productive QB. He was thought finished in SD when Rivers was acquired.

Paralllels with JP? Don't know, haven't seen enough of him yet, but I do like his progress. He needs time.

Young Manning? Still not there.

Rivers? Who knows.

Ben R.? Ailments aside, can he carry his team? They are much thinner this year and have lost leadership. Can he right the ship? Don't be so quick to anoint him just yet.

These were all QBs selected the same year as JP, yet there are those who would toss him aside today for a journeyman with a suspect arm or an unproven career backup.

Wasn't he still a year away last year?

787013[/snapback]

Yeah if you consider last year a reasonable opportunity for him to develop. Last year the entire Bills organization was in pure chaos as has been confirmed recently. No player will develop or thrive under those circumstances. Which Bill had a good season last year? Schobel? How many Bills could have had a good year if Donahoe and Mularky weren't acting so selfishly in attempting to save their jobs all the time.

Funny, I was thinking about Brees/JP during last night's game as well. A little different angle though. Brees took what 2-3 seasons of play (not watching, not injured, play) to pull his act together and become a very productive QB. He was thought finished in SD when Rivers was acquired.

Paralllels with JP? Don't know, haven't seen enough of him yet, but I do like his progress. He needs time.

Are you kidding, the Bills would be better with Blue Drees. He's a real QB. He gets respect from his team mates because they KNOW he can do it. Not they think and hope he can like they do with JP.

In NFL Football in the era of free agency, I think you're better off to get a Free Agent who has already played for 3 years while learning for somebody else (like Drees). If you draft a guy like JP and let him play and suck 3 years to learn while the team loses, once he gets it going and you start to get good, he enters Free Agency and books. Another option is a trade. That what Drees, Jake "The Snake" Plummer, Trent Green, MArk Brunell, and Brad Johnson all did.

The Bills could now have any of the following who moved since J P was drafted: Drew Brees, Trent Dilfur, Brad Johnson, Griese, Kurt Warner, Air McNair, John Kitna. I'm saying all of these would be better, but at least 4 of them would be.

I say wait til the off season and see whose available and get the best free agent money can buy. We'd be better off.

Are you kidding, the Bills would be better with Blue Drees.  He's a real QB.  He gets respect from his team mates because they KNOW he can do it.  Not they think and hope he can like they do with JP. 

In NFL Football in the era of free agency, I think you're better off to get a Free Agent who has already played for 3 years while learning for somebody else (like Drees).  If you draft a guy like JP and let him play and suck 3 years to learn while the team loses, once he gets it going and you start to get good, he enters Free Agency and books.  Another option is a trade.  That what Drees, Jake "The Snake" Plummer, Trent Green, MArk Brunell, and Brad Johnson all did.

The Bills could now have any of the following who moved since J P was drafted: Drew Brees, Trent Dilfur, Brad Johnson, Griese, Kurt Warner, Air McNair, John Kitna.  I'm saying all of these would be better, but at least 4 of them would be.

I say wait til the off season and see whose available and get the best free agent money can buy.  We'd be better off.

787293[/snapback]

this just in: brees sucked his first 3 years

Yeah if you consider last year a reasonable opportunity for him to develop.  Last year the entire Bills organization was in pure chaos as has been confirmed recently.  No player will develop or thrive under those circumstances.  Which Bill had a good season last year?  Schobel?  How many Bills could have had a good year if Donahoe and Mularky weren't acting so selfishly in attempting to save their jobs all the time.

787019[/snapback]

Agreed...Last Year was basically a wash for JP considering it was a different system and that system was far from perfect. That's part of the reason I'm actually quite pleased with JP thusfar... He came in seized the Job and he's 100 times better than he was last Year already. I think once the Kid has 20 or so Starts under his belt, and an O-Line that can Block a little better, he'll be pretty darn good...

We'll see... :P

2 fumbles lost.  Two questionable snaps.  3 turnovers in 3 games.

787370[/snapback]

Are we going to go into this crap again. Just like Travis and his 20 fumbles a year that he only lost 8 and therefore he was only 3 times worse then the average NFL running back instead of 7 times. :P

Are we going to go into this crap again.  Just like Travis and his 20 fumbles a year that he only lost 8 and therefore he was only 3 times worse then the average NFL running back instead of 7 times.  :P

787373[/snapback]

If you can quantifiably say that those other two fumbles were bad JP plays, fine. You can't. The snaps were bad. In fact, one of them he rebounded on and made a spectacular read for a 20 yard completion. Give it a rest.

BTW, most fumbles Travis had? Eleven. Most lost? Eight. He averaged about 8 fumbles a year, 4-5 lost, as a starter. Head out of ass and quit it with the hyperbole, please.

A QB like Drew Brees???

Just watching the game last night made me think of it...would a guy like Brees have made the Bills a playoff contender or would the Bills still have the same problems as they have now?

Discuss.

786997[/snapback]

Um....aaaa.....hhmmmmmm....yes.

Are you kidding, the Bills would be better with Blue Drees.  He's a real QB.  He gets respect from his team mates because they KNOW he can do it.  Not they think and hope he can like they do with JP. 

In NFL Football in the era of free agency, I think you're better off to get a Free Agent who has already played for 3 years while learning for somebody else (like Drees).  If you draft a guy like JP and let him play and suck 3 years to learn while the team loses, once he gets it going and you start to get good, he enters Free Agency and books.  Another option is a trade.  That what Drees, Jake "The Snake" Plummer, Trent Green, MArk Brunell, and Brad Johnson all did.

The Bills could now have any of the following who moved since J P was drafted: Drew Brees, Trent Dilfur, Brad Johnson, Griese, Kurt Warner, Air McNair, John Kitna.  I'm saying all of these would be better, but at least 4 of them would be.

I say wait til the off season and see whose available and get the best free agent money can buy.  We'd be better off.

787293[/snapback]

The best Free Agent money can buy huh? Put down the pipe junior. Every player on your list above is either coming off a MAJOR INJURY or on the downside of their career. J.P. is playing decent ball and is doing what is asked of him by the staff. He really isn't making stupid mistakes and is improving every game.

There is a reason that teams do/don't lock up the upcoming Free Agents before they hit the open market. In all your examples above it was very obvious that they were not wanted for one reason or another on the teams they were on. Lets throw big money at that!!! :P

this just in: brees sucked his first 3 years

I think you may have missed my point. Why take some kid and let him play and suck until he learns to be good and win and then lost him to free agency? Why not pick up a free agent who has already played and sucked and learned on someone elses dime. Then bring him in when he's ready to play, like Brees or Dilfur or Plummer ???

That's my theory for todays free agency nfl. Trying to get a young quarterback and bringing him along is pre free agency thinking. IMHO

Go Bills