Willis is #1

Dibs

Now that Atlanta's RB Dunn has only achieved 44 yards against the awesome Saints( :D ), that leaves our very own Willis McGahee as #1 in yards per game.

#1. McGahee = 311....103.67ypg

#2. Dunn = 310....103.33ypg

#3. Tomlinson = 202....101ypg

This does not make him the best back in the league but it sure is nice knowing a Bills Offensive player is heading a major statistical category(on the positive side).

To those who think WM is not at least a 'very good' RB..... :doh:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Atlanta's RB Dunn has only achieved 44 yards against the awesome Saints( :D ), that leaves our very own Willis McGahee as #1 in yards per game.

#1. McGahee = 311....103.67ypg

#2. Dunn = 310....103.33ypg

#3. Tomlinson = 202....101ypg

This does not make him the best back in the league but it sure is nice knowing a Bills Offensive player is heading a major statistical category(on the positive side).

To those who think WM is not at least a 'very good' RB..... :doh:

786835[/snapback]

I'll take a crack at being a negative spin on this. How many negative yards is it worth when he whiffs on a block that gets his QB blindsided and a TD results for the other team?

He'll never be a complete back. Never.

I'll take a crack at being a negative spin on this.  How many negative yards is it worth when he whiffs on a block that gets his QB blindsided and a TD results for the other team?

He'll never be a complete back.  Never.

786840[/snapback]

Maybe so....maybe not.

He is however a 'very good' back.

Why must we have the best in the league?

When did 'very good' become not good enough for the Bills?

311 minus 5 for that missed block he had leaves him with 306 minus another 10 for not working out his upper body during the offseason gives him 296 all divided by 2 because he thought it was 3rd down instead of 4th leaves him with 148 putting him way behind the leader, Dunn.

I'll take a crack at being a negative spin on this.  How many negative yards is it worth when he whiffs on a block that gets his QB blindsided and a TD results for the other team?

786840[/snapback]

uh

as if it's never happened to another back? i'm sure tomlinson and company have had their share of mistakes.

Maybe so....maybe not.

He is however a 'very good' back.

Why must we have the best in the league?

When did 'very good' become not good enough for the Bills?

786845[/snapback]

I just returned home from the game. He's above average.....barely at this point. His blocking is pathetic. His route running is about on par.

And I'm gonna tell everyone this,.......the offensive line was terrific in run blocking on Sunday. The holes he had were huge. Kudos to the guys up front for most of the game outside of the red zone.

But I don't give a damn if Willis gets 300 yards. It basically got us zero points, and he got our QB killed. He's done this now for the entire season.

He's not a complete back. Not even close. Anyone would have had a big game Sunday running through those holes.

Did he run hard. Yes, no doubt. Do most #1 backs in the NFL run hard? Yes. Is he a complete back that makes a difference yet? Not even close.

uh

as if it's never happened to another back?  i'm sure tomlinson and company have had their share of mistakes.

786849[/snapback]

Seems to happen to Willis every week.

Thurman Thomas needs to hold a camp in Orchard Park and teach Willis the importance of playing his position fully.

Are you serious?  :D

786846[/snapback]

Yeah dead serious.

He does one thing above average.....when he wants to.....and that's run hard.

He blocks about as bad as you can get. He is also a lazy route runner.

So far, in his NFL career, when you combine those traits, with a 10 cent brain, well, you start to wonder if this is the guy.

I'd rather use the Broncos approach and build a powerful line, and find RB's who can hit holes.

Just me though.

I just returned home from the game.  He's above average.....barely at this point.  His blocking is pathetic.  His route running is about on par. 

And I'm gonna tell everyone this,.......the offensive line was terrific in run blocking on Sunday.  The holes he had were huge.  Kudos to the guys up front for most of the game outside of the red zone.

But I don't give a damn if Willis gets 300 yards.  It basically got us zero points, and he got our QB killed.  He's done this now for the entire season.

He's not a complete back.  Not even close.  Anyone would have had a big game Sunday running through those holes. 

Did he run hard.  Yes, no doubt.  Do most #1 backs in the NFL run hard?  Yes.  Is he a complete back that makes a difference yet?  Not even close.

786852[/snapback]

I was also at the game and you sir know nothing of what you talk about ... wasnt Willis running without Shelton part of the game because he got hurt?

Theres maybe 3 rbs in the league who are exceptional at picking up a blitz. 2 of them are not playing at this time. Corey Dillon, Curtis Martin and Priest Holmes. A lot of backs in the league are terrible, and I wouldn't venture to say this is an all the time thing with willis. There were times in 2004 when he looked damn good at it. There was also the play in miami where he picked up 2 pass rushers enabling losman to get a pass off. Its more of an inconsistency thing. However people harp on it cause there's a big 0 for scoring tds so far this season. Score some td's and a lot of the criticism of not so hot blitz pickup will die down. Fans are fickle that way.

Awesome. Unfortunately, he is still killing my fantasy team with NO FRIGGIN TOUCHDOWNS. I started him over Frank Gore for the first two weeks and it killed me. Thought for sure with Buffalo against my Jets this week, McGahee would be in the end zone at least once....

Again, I was wrong. And furthermore, I finally play Gore this week since LT was off, and he gets hurt.

I hate Fantasy Football.

Yeah dead serious.

He does one thing above average.....when he wants to.....and that's run hard.

He blocks about as bad as you can get.  He is also a lazy route runner. 

So far, in his NFL career, when you combine those traits, with a 10 cent brain, well, you start to wonder if this is the guy. 

I'd rather use the Broncos approach and build a powerful line, and find RB's who can hit holes.

Just me though.

786859[/snapback]

Keep posting like this. Its really good for a laugh. I truly do love

when fans think they know what there talking about when it comes to this

stuff. As if you know he is a lazy route runner or doesnt run hard

or if he is dumb ... you know nothing of the sort. You think you know

because you see 1 or 2 plays ... give it a break.

Keep posting like this. Its really good for a laugh. I truly do love

when fans think they know what there talking about when it comes to this

stuff. As if you know he is a lazy route runner or doesnt run hard

or if he is dumb ... you know nothing of the sort. You think you know

because you see 1 or 2 plays ... give it a break.

786871[/snapback]

Why do I feel like this play is going to be beaten to death worse than "Holcomb to Moulds in NE" next summer? :doh:

Where is Fez when you need him? I thought Drew's sharp decrease in sacks in 2004 were a direct result of the RB blitz pickup upgrade :D

Why do I feel like this play is going to be beaten to death worse than "Holcomb to Moulds in NE" next summer?  :doh:

Where is Fez when you need him?  I thought Drew's sharp decrease in sacks in 2004 were a direct result of the RB blitz pickup upgrade  :D

786872[/snapback]

Because it most likely will. Thus why I say "give it a break."

I hate Fantasy Football.

786870[/snapback]

I'm with you. In my money league I have Rudy Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker & Chester Taylor as my RBs (we start 2 flex players) and I'm somehow 1-2 thanks to having the misfortune of playing the week's highest scoring team two out of the first three weeks. I lead the league in total points but have a losing record.

I know this is off topic but I needed a space to vent and found this one. :D

786840[/snapback]

Never?

In college, Willis was known as a complete back. And he only just finished his 29th start in the NFL; he's certainly not a true 4th year pro RB. Most RB's are able to make an impact from day 1, but it often takes years before the really good ones are able to master the intricacies of the position with some degree of consistency (example: Marshall Faulk).

And I'm not a McGahee "apologist." I'm aware of his flaws. I just think that if you watched more of the top 10 RB's across the league, you'll see many instances where those guys miss blocks or run wrong routes or drop passes.

McGahee makes mistakes like every player, but he's not the core problem with this offense (and neither is JP's inexperience, IMO) and shouldn't be run out of town just yet.

The real problem is probably the OL, which as a unit simply cannot get the job done on 3rd and short or 4th and short.

786840[/snapback]

Yea, no running back ever becomes better after the age of 25. :D