You people are an embarrassment.

What did this game prove:

1. Losman can air it out if he wants. He has all the tools and strength to air the ball for 300 yards on a windy day. But it comes with a caveat...He is prone to get sacked/fumble or throw picks. If the defense can overcome that then we are fine.

2. It is time to go back and play the conservative game. Manage the clock, avoid mistakes, grind out and eek a win. To do this, the gameplan has to be conservative and the Defense/ST have to play top notch.

The game with the Jets let the league know that we have a QB and at the same time let every know that we are better of as a team to play more ball control.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What did this game prove:

1.  Losman can air it out if he wants. He has all the tools and strength to air the ball for 300 yards on a windy day. But it comes with a caveat...He is prone to get sacked/fumble or throw picks.  If the defense can overcome that then we are fine.

2.  It is time to go back and play the conservative game. Manage the clock, avoid mistakes, grind out and eek a win.  To do this, the gameplan has to be conservative and the Defense/ST have to play top notch.

The game with the Jets let the league know that we have a QB and at the same time let every know that we are better of as a team to play more ball control.

785801[/snapback]

DUDE!

Prior to this week, he had ZERO turnovers. ZERO.

After this week, he's averaging one turnover a game.

Find me another QB in the league with that particular statistic.

Now you're really stretching it.

You're holding onto the fact that only 10 points resulted from the turnovers on offense. What you fail to point out is that there is an opportunity cost associated with a turnover. One of the turnovers was in Jets territory. While the ensuing drive didn't necessarily result directly in points, losing out on scoring opportunities essentially has the same effect as giving them points.

The only way this team will win is by winning the turnover battle by PROTECTING the football. JP needs to learn how to feel the rush and Willis needs to learn how to execute his blocking assignments.

You're ASSUMING that Lindell was going to make a FG there. He BARELY hit a 32 yarder earlier.

785532[/snapback]

If you're ashamed at that loss, then you're just flat out !@#$ign retarded. I'm so tired of what Bills "fans" have become. You want to pin a loss on a QB who put up career numbers? How about on a RB that put up career numbers?

Do you !@#$ing tards know ANYTHING about the game?

The Bills lost this game on DEFENSE. When you allow some no-name RB to be 15 yards wide open, when you can't get to a noodle-armed QB even with a blitz. When youc an't generate a single stinking turnover in your own house, you DESERVE to lose.

785450[/snapback]

I disagree partially JSP.

They lost it because of multiple reasons. The defense was lagging, but most of all they lost the turnover battle by a huge margin. That was the biggest difference in the game. You don't turn the ball over (and kill drives), and you win this football game.

Part of the reason was indeed the Defense and the lack of a pass rush. Another reason was the fun on the offensive line/running back during blocks. And, finally, while JP showed he can play, he also made some mistakes.

See it coming???

That's why its called the BLIND side

785784[/snapback]

I never said it was all JPs fault.

I understand he expects a block, but the guy ran up to line before the snap, maybe he could have audibled to a run.

My overall point is that the turnovers contributed directly to the loss, and while they can't be eliminated at least two could have been prevented.

Monday morning QBing is what this board is all about. If no one second guessed or criticized the Bills, what would be left?

I say let anyone criticize any part of the team they want even if their opinion is off the wall. The debate here is what separates this board from other Bills boards.

signed,

Polly Prissypants :blush:

I understand he expects a block, but the guy ran up to line before the snap, maybe he could have audibled to a run.

My overall point is that the turnovers contributed directly to the loss, and while they can't be eliminated at least two could have been prevented.

785954[/snapback]

But you have to be able to rely on the RB to, you know, maybe get a couple of hands on the guy as he's coming in. I hope JP did see the guy, but he was accounted for in the blocking and you can't just play like you're expecting an ole block.

785954[/snapback]

Actually, if you know the play, and you're looking over the defense at the line, you look for the guys that are UN-blocked, and ignore all of the ones that have a man assigned to them.

DUDE!

Prior to this week, he had ZERO turnovers. ZERO.

After this week, he's averaging one turnover a game.

Find me another QB in the league with that particular statistic.

785806[/snapback]

Joe I am actually with you....I am not talking anti-losman....I am a big Losman supporter. My comment was to show what this game meant to this team. It proved all the Losman distractors of the last two weeks wrong. He proved that he can Air it out if he wants. But the game also proved that until our DEFENSE is a playoff caliber defense that will not give more than 10 pts in a game, our OFFENSE needs to be conservative too...The offense cannot gift away points because the Defense will not overcome that.

Playoff defenses get that 3rd and out in the 4th qtr after scoring that FG....

Playoff offenses punch in that TD there instead of the FG.....

Now you're really stretching it.

The only way this team will win is by winning the turnover battle by PROTECTING the football.  JP needs to learn how to feel the rush and Willis needs to learn how to execute his blocking assignments.

785921[/snapback]

I agree. The reason for being conservative is not about Losman not having the

ability to throw the ball (which he amply proved yesterday), but for protecting the ball. Our defense is not a playoff caliber defense that will give 10 pts or less a game. Our offense needs to score 2TD per game to win. If the offense gave away free points, then they will need to score more to win.