What are your feelings on the Bills now?

TigerJ

I still believe there is talent on these Bills. There may be some holes, but I think there is sufficient talent to be a strong team. I guess that's what makes me more frustrated than anything else. If I was convinced they were talent poor, I would just resign myself to the fact that it's going to be a terrible season, like three years ago. But these Bills are better than that. Take away even some of the stupidity, lack of concentration etc. that we've seen the last 4 weeks and Buffalo could conceivably be 3-0. (Let's leave the officiating out of this discussion OK. I'll concede that may have made a difference too.) At 0-3, Buffalo is not mathematically out of the playoffs. It's way too early for that, but realistically, I don't see Buffalo going 10-3 the rest of the way, which is what it would take. I suppose, I would take some encouragement idf Buffalo went 9-4 the rest of the way, particularly if we finish strong.

So, how are you feeling to this point? Do you still hold out hope for the playoffs? What would it take to salvage something out of this season for you?

I still believe there is talent on these Bills.  There may be some holes, but I think there is sufficient talent to be a strong team.  I guess that's what makes me more frustrated than anything else.  If I was convinced they were talent poor, I would just resign myself to the fact that it's going to be a terrible season, like three years ago.  But these Bills are better than that.  Take away even some of the stupidity, lack of concentration etc. that we've seen the last 4 weeks and Buffalo could conceivably be 3-0.  (Let's leave the officiating out of this discussion OK.  I'll concede that may have made a difference too.)  At 0-3, Buffalo is not mathematically out of the playoffs.  It's way too early for that, but realistically, I don't see Buffalo going 10-3 the rest of the way, which is what it would take.  I suppose, I would take some encouragement idf Buffalo went 9-4 the rest of the way, particularly if we finish strong.

So, how are you feeling to this point?  Do you still hold out hope for the playoffs?  What would it take to salvage something out of this season for you?

56613[/snapback]

The talent is poor. Again I will ask.. How many Top 5 players at their position are on the Bills. Answer... Zero!

I'm very frustrated at the way things have seemed to remain the same, in terms of the penalties, lack of discipline, lack of composure, and, in some cases, lack of talent (OL, safety).

Do I still hold out hope? Sure I do. But, my hope will not take the Bills anywhere. They have to do what is necessary to make a playoff run.

One thing I really want to see is the Bills beat the Steelers!!!! I've been to 8 Bills-Steelers games at RICH and they've won all but the last one.

Actually I'm more optimistic that this can be turned around now than after the Raiders loss. Its mostly just dumb mistakes now, but what does worry me is what happened to the defense. They are giving up way too many big plays.

The talent is poor.  Again I will ask..  How many Top 5 players at their position are on the Bills.  Answer...  Zero!

56619[/snapback]

There is some talent on the roster, just not enough to win games....teams can go into funks, or have lulls, but 26 games is more than a passing lull. Its almost like that 2 game win streak we started out the 2003 season with was a lull. They are just as not as good as many of us thought they were. TD did a masterful job of getting us excited, but four years later, is this team any better than the team that Wade Phillips left us with?

I have the same feeling i had since the end of training camp: This is gonna be a very long season . Now i hope the coaches will be intelligent enough to understand they have to give playing time to the rookies as soon as possible (and for Losman as soon as he's available). I think this Bills team is the worst since i follow the Bills back in '88.

Guest Guest_Tom Donahoe_*

We have a great mix of veterans and young players. Throw in a new Coaching staff and you have a formula that takes time. Your patience will be rewarded and the future is bright.

But no Fried Baloney ! You Bastards will NEVER see that again ! HAHAHAHAHA !!!

They drive nice vehicles.

:angry:

56615[/snapback]

LOL

honestly, I'll always be a Bills fan even when they are playing like crap. Which makes me wonder if I truly hate myself, because watching them is a punishment.

But, it's my dads fault, he's the one who taught me all about loyality.

LOL

honestly, I'll always be a Bills fan even when they are playing like crap.  Which makes me wonder if I truly hate myself, because watching them is a punishment.

57096[/snapback]

I will B word and complain all week on this team....But when kickoff comes I start

rooting all over again. Thats what being a fan is . We have to vent somewhere.

We complain but want the best for the Bills. Its our passion for the team.

I will B word and complain all week on this team....But when kickoff comes I start

rooting all over again. Thats what being a fan is . We have to vent somewhere.

We complain but want the best for the Bills. Its our passion for the team.

57098[/snapback]

Amen! :angry:

honestly, I'll always be a Bills fan even when they are playing like crap.  Which makes me wonder if I truly hate myself, because watching them is a punishment.

57096[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better myself. When the Bills finally start winning consistently (whether it's this year, I don't know), it will be that much sweeter due to this prolonged sour taste in our mouths.