At last, we have the team we wished for...

Mickey

A punishing defense with a mediocre offense, just like the Ravens of a few years back. Defense wins championships right?

We put all our cash into the defense with Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Vincent, Adams, Milloy and how many top draft picks on DE's? The only high profile acquisition for the offense was Williams who is a bust and Bledsoe. That is it. Nobody thought it mattered though because "Defense wins championships". As it turns out, you have to score points to win football games afterall. Think about it, 6 starters on defense were sought after FA's. How many starters on offense were sought after FA's? Drew? Anyone else?

This is the team we wanted and TD delivered. Defense wins championships.

True, but I think you need a little better defense than what we have. They've done a pretty good job, but not championship good.

If the defense could have held Brady and the girls under 24 points we might have had a chance.

The team I wanted except I never wanted Bledsoe.  Lets see us with another QB- I bet results are drastically different

56281[/snapback]

You're smoking crack if you think Bledsoe is at fault!!!!

Don't you understand that when you have a PASSING QB he HAS GOT TO HAVE PROTECTION AND ATLEAST 2 TALENTED RECIEVERS!!!!!!!!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Not entirely fair. Between the RBs and WRs, we now have three #1 and two #2 picks. In addition to Bledsoe (and our #1 QB-of-the-future), they should be our "high-profile" players.......

Them, and the #4 pick in the draft at RT (6 yrs; $38 M SB $7.5 M), and FA pickups Trey Teague (4 yrs; $10M SB $1.5M) and Chris Villarrial (4 yrs. $11.85M. SB $3.6M.)

Other than the bargain-basement TEs and FB, there's more $$$$$ tied up in the offense than you might think. (Although you can't tell it by their production...)

A punishing defense with a mediocre offense

Let me see if I've got this right... Punishing defense? would this be the same punishing defense that gave up an 80 yard winning TD drive to the Jags including 4 4th downs? and the same punishing defense that gave up 24 points at home to the Pats? How many times was Brady sacked?

Mediocre offense? averaging 10 points per game? That's mediocre? that's putrid! The Bills need to avg. about 6 more points /game before I'd call their offense mediocre.

Not entirely fair. Between the RBs and WRs, we now have three #1 and two #2 picks. In addition to Bledsoe (and our #1 QB-of-the-future), they should be our "high-profile" players.......

Them, and the #4 pick in the draft at RT (6 yrs; $38 M SB $7.5 M), and FA pickups Trey Teague (4 yrs; $10M SB $1.5M) and Chris Villarrial (4 yrs. $11.85M. SB $3.6M.)

Other than the bargain-basement TEs and FB, there's more $$$$$ tied up in the offense than you might think. (Although you can't tell it by their production...)

56312[/snapback]

Right but we didn't need to spend a no 1 on a reciever if we had kept Price so it is just a wash at best, worse really since it will take Evans 2-3 years to really produce unless he is a phenom like Bolden or Moss and that does not appear to be the case. We have 3 top picks at DE alone. One of the RB picks is so far a waste since he has been on the bench or hurt and besides, you only need one top back and we had one. As far as Teague and Villarial, I was referring to highly sought after FA acquisitions, not guys we were the only ones interested in signing. Teague was a 7th round pick and Villarial is Ruben Brown without the pro-bowls. We spent some money on offense, just not smart money and we spent most of our capital on the defense.

Let me see if I've got this right... Punishing defense?  would this be the same punishing defense that gave up an 80 yard winning TD drive to the Jags including 4 4th downs?  and the same punishing defense that gave up 24 points at home to the Pats?  How many times was Brady sacked?

Mediocre offense?  averaging 10 points per game?  That's mediocre? that's putrid!  The Bills need to avg. about 6 more points /game before I'd call their offense mediocre.

56329[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic on the defense. That was the theory anyway, spend big on a solid defense, go for an offense on the cheap and hope for the best. I must have heard the Ravens cited as the model on this board a million times. Right, to make that work you just have to plan on having the best defense in the history of pro football. Its a snap. Real solid strategy there huh? Until we are willing to invest in the trenches, especially on offense, we are in trouble. I bet JP is glad he is sitting this one out. I hope we get him a line next year.

True, but I think you need a little better defense than what we have. They've done a pretty good job, but not championship good.

If the defense could have held Brady and the girls under 24 points we might have had a chance.

56275[/snapback]

Well, at least we have the mediocre offense down.

A punishing defense with a mediocre offense, just like the Ravens of a few years back.  Defense wins championships right? 

We put all our cash into the defense with Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Vincent, Adams, Milloy and how many top draft picks on DE's?  The only high profile acquisition for the offense was Williams who is a bust and Bledsoe.  That is it.  Nobody thought it mattered though because "Defense wins championships".  As it turns out, you have to score points to win football games afterall.  Think about it, 6 starters on defense were sought after FA's.  How many starters on offense were sought after FA's?  Drew? Anyone else?

This is the team we wanted and TD delivered.  Defense wins championships.

56263[/snapback]

if milloy played yesterday we would have won. our defense isnt punishing, not untill we get milloy back. and even them we still have no pass rush.

if milloy played yesterday we would have won. our defense isnt punishing, not untill we get milloy back. and even them we still have no pass rush.

56601[/snapback]

If this, if that.

I'm so tired of hearing if excuses that I feel like puking.

Here's an if for you.

If the Patriots didn't give us two huge special teams plays and if Dillon didn't fumble on our goalline, this game is a blowout win for the Patriots.