Best non-animated TV Show...

Chilly

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best new show is "Studio 60".

The best show on television is either "Rescue Me" or "The Shield" and it's not even close.  I like "House" but it's essentially the same show week after week.

781445[/snapback]

Watched the 'Studio 60' pilot last night -- it was good enough that I set up a season pass.

I can't get enough of 'The Office.' Premiere tonight, by the way.

Battlestar Galactica

781468[/snapback]

Agreed. Great acting, great storyline. All of the characters are fleshed out pretty well. Excellent show.

Firefly is the best show out there overall though. And it's in HD Saturday (can you tell I'm psyched? :angry: ).

Agreed.  Great acting, great storyline.  All of the characters are fleshed out pretty well.  Excellent show.

781470[/snapback]

I'll third the motion

Was abit disappointed in the direction it took at the end of last season, but still looking forward to Oct 6 and seeing how it plays out

The Office. Dwight Schrute is comic genius.

781486[/snapback]

Dwight's grandfather was quite a man. In WWII, he killed 20 men and spent the rest of the war in an allied prison camp. In last season's finale, Dwight wore the tuxedo he was buried in.

Discuss.

781430[/snapback]

The Shield is the best show on TV.

Other excellent shows:

The Office

Lost

South Park

Venture Bros.

I caught the premieres of Kidnapped and Jericho last night. Kidnapped was outstanding and Jericho was pretty good (though I'm not sure I'm ready to watch a show about life after every major U.S. city gets nuked every week).

You guys liked Studio 60 that much? I thought it was OK. It was fairly interesting but it took itself WAY too seriously. Aaron Sorkin presented these characters as as important as those in the White House on West Wing. I'm worried that this show is going to be Hollywood showing us who "the real heroes" are (i.e. them).

The Shield is the best show on TV.

Other excellent shows:

The Office

Lost

South Park

Venture Bros.

I caught the premieres of Kidnapped and Jericho last night.  Kidnapped was outstanding and Jericho was pretty good (though I'm not sure I'm ready to watch a show about life after every major U.S. city gets nuked every week).

You guys liked Studio 60 that much?  I thought it was OK.  It was fairly interesting but it took itself WAY too seriously.  Aaron Sorkin presented these characters as as important as those in the White House on West Wing.  I'm worried that this show is going to be Hollywood showing us who "the real heroes" are (i.e. them).

781534[/snapback]

Jericho was ok. I was expecting a little more out of it and I hope it picks up because it's a good concept. They just made some of the parts too cheesy, IMO. Major Dad needs to quit over-acting.