It's Dr. Evil, I didn't spend six years in Evil

sweet baboo

, Thank you very much.

I successfully defended my thesis and finished my Ph.D. studies at the University of Rochester on Monday thereby closing the door on way too many years of school, this username (yeah, i registered formerlycollegeguy and posted quite a few times) and WNY. Never did think I'd leave the area but since jobs were near impossible to come by, I had to pack my bags and move on.

Any other recent graduates pushed out of the area?

, Thank you very much.

I successfully defended my thesis and finished my Ph.D. studies at the University of Rochester on Monday thereby closing the door on way too many years of school, this username (yeah, i registered formerlycollegeguy and posted quite a few times) and WNY. Never did think I'd leave the area but since jobs were near impossible to come by, I had to pack my bags and move on.

Any other recent graduates pushed out of the area?

781210[/snapback]

I know i probably will be when i get out of school, but i don't want to be around here anyway. The beuracracy in this state is ridiculous and everything is so padlocked to people who don't know people, it's better to get out of here and go find jobs elsewhere before your competeing with everyone else from NY.

Congratulations, unemployedguy.

:angry:

781257[/snapback]

actually, i'm gainfully employed in NH :lol:

if i didn't look out of state and continued to hope for a job in NYS, then yeah, i would have had to register unemployedguy

differences here...i don't get the feeling the government is out to screw me

also, no state income tax, no sales tax, lower property taxes than NYS, low poverty...gas prices are 40 cents lower here somehow (87 is $2.30)

Congrats, PayingOffStudentLoansForTheNextFifteenYearsGuy

781273[/snapback]

graduate studies (tuition+living expenses) in science/engineering are generally paid for by the school or federal grants

Congrats!  I'm about a year away from a Ph.D. in molecular biology.  I really hope I can eventaully make it back to WNY (Rochester specifically), but first I'll have to make a detour to the NY/LI area for a postdoc.

781966[/snapback]

WNY should be a great place for the biomedical sciences since the center for excellence is going to get huge thanks to Bruce Holm...too bad the market isn't good for anything else

"Teenage Lobotomy"

Lobotomy, lobotomy, lobotomy, lobotomy!

DDT did a job on me

Now I am a real sickie

Guess I'll have to break the news

That I got no mind to lose

All the girls are in love with me

I'm a teenage lobotomy

Slugs and snails are after me

DDT keeps me happy

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em

That I got no cerebellum