Are the Bills making us emotionless?

It is kind of strange.

Maybe it is only me.

When you see the clock hit 5:00 in the 4th quarter and the Bills are within one score of taking the lead or tieing the game do your emotions just turn off? Personally, I just sit there calmly and wait for them to self destruct.

The really funny thing is that every game that they played this year, a different part of the team can be blamed. I know that losing is a team effort, but I am refferring to the final critical plays.

Game 1- The defense blew it.

Game 2- The coaching blew it by not challenging the call.

Game 3- The offense blew it.

By process of elimination, I guess the Jets loss will come on a special teams error in the final minutes.

I've said before, and I'll say it again. This team needs a few Playmakers. Those guys who can make POSITIVE plays to win games. Guys like Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Smith, Talley, Bennett , Etal.....

I dont care what their 40 times are. I care about how big is their Heart, and do they find a way to win?

...yep...I've been that way since Kelly retired....I'm really hardly ever nervous these days...just kinda neutral....sigh....it's a sad state of affairs.

55926[/snapback]

Agreed. It's one thing to predict plays (although that has gotten harder) but one can easily predict the trainwrecks.

NG can become Numb Nuts?

It is kind of strange.

Maybe it is only me.

When you see the clock hit 5:00 in the 4th quarter and the Bills are within one score of taking the lead or tieing the game do your emotions just turn off? Personally, I just sit there calmly and wait for them to self destruct.

The really funny thing is that every game that they played this year, a different part of the team can be blamed. I know that losing is a team effort, but I am refferring to the final critical plays.

Game 1- The defense blew it.

Game 2- The coaching blew it by not challenging the call.

Game 3- The offense blew it.

By process of elimination, I guess the Jets loss will come on a special teams error in the final minutes.

55888[/snapback]

No, idiotically enough I'm still crazy mad come breakdown time. It'd do my temper some good if I could move on to the numb stage of the Bills 12 step program.

Numb? Nope.

Rage filled at about 3:45 - 4:30 every Sunday, followed by that kind of desair filled laughing, followed by rage again for several hours, then sadness for the rest of the night, followed by two days of pure confusion mixed with anger, followed by a thursday of some sort of limitied hope, then a friday and saturday of nervous tension, a saturday night of excitement, followed by sunday morning with nervousness, excitment, tension all rolled into one?

Nope. Numbness doesnt quite describe it.

Numb? Nope.

Rage filled at about 3:45 - 4:30 every Sunday, followed by that kind of desair filled laughing, followed by rage again for several hours, then sadness for the rest of the night, followed by two days of pure confusion mixed with anger, followed by a thursday of some sort of limitied hope, then a friday and saturday of nervous tension, a saturday night of excitement, followed by sunday morning with nervousness, excitment, tension all rolled into one?

55976[/snapback]

Don't worry. You're still a kid. It will come. It's kind of soothing, in a way.

Numb? Nope.

55976[/snapback]

I remember being that way....

Don't worry. You're still a kid. It will come. It's kind of soothing, in a way.

55982[/snapback]

indeed....

There is no pain, you are receding.

A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'.

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,

Out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look but it was gone.

I cannot put my finger on it now.

The child is grown, the dream is gone.

I have become comfortably numb.

<<<When you see the clock hit 5:00 in the 4th quarter and the Bills are within one score of taking the lead or tieing the game do your emotions just turn off? >>>

Mine don't turn off, but I do feel different emotions than in the past. Where I used to feel excitement, anticipation and hope, I now feel dread, regret, and a sense of foreboding, along with rage and depression.

Numb? Nope.

55976[/snapback]

That about perfectly describes me as well. :)

Absolutely.

Back in the early '90s we hoped time wouldn't run out before we could find a way to win the game.

Now we hope time runs out before we can find a way to lose the game.

I was listening to the last drive on my car radio and when Bledsoe fumbled, I calmly flipped the radio off.

If a play like that had happened ten years ago I would have flipped my car into a ditch.

Numb is a VERY good way to describe it.

<<<When you see the clock hit 5:00 in the 4th quarter and the Bills are within one score of taking the lead or tieing the game do your emotions just turn off? >>>

Mine don't turn off, but I do feel different emotions than in the past.  Where I used to feel excitement, anticipation and hope, I now feel dread, regret, and a sense of foreboding, along with rage and depression.

56020[/snapback]

It's something I can't really describe. A couple of friends were over watching with me and at one point when it was 17-17, I turned to them and said matter of factly:

"The Bills are going to lose this game 31-17."

Sure enough, they did. You don't know when or how, you just know that the back breaker is coming. It's almost like watching a train wreck...you know you shouldn't but you can't turn away. Every Sunday I feel like I've wasted 3+ hours of my life watching their dreck, yet I can't stop.

It's something I can't really describe. A couple of friends were over watching with me and at one point when it was 17-17, I turned to them and said matter of factly:

"The Bills are going to lose this game 31-17." 

Sure enough, they did. You don't know when or how, you just know that the back breaker is coming. It's almost like watching a train wreck...you know you shouldn't but you can't turn away. Every Sunday I feel like I've wasted 3+ hours of my life watching their dreck, yet I can't stop.

56043[/snapback]

There were four of us watching. All four of us started laughing and shaking our heads simultaneously when Drew fumbled.