ESPN loves the Bills

TKO

From their GameCast...

jon (upstate ny): can the bills expect to win with jp losman at qb? i mean, seriously, he didn't even have 75 yards passing today

GARY HORTON: I don't think they can. His decision-making and accuracy are questionable and I don't think the players around him belive in him. It just doesn't look like he can manage the game effectively, and if they have to rely on him they might be in trouble...

Cincykid (Michael) (Kristiansand,Norway): Gary, do you think Volek really wants to carry a clipboard i san diego for the rest of his career? Whatabout someplace like Bills where he can compete for the job??

GARY HORTON: Buffalo would be a good fit but I don't know if they have any interest. San Diego is good for him because you never know how Rivers is going to come around. And Volek feels like the organization deceived him in Tennessee. He sees himself as a starting quarterback and he'll go where he has the best chance to be just that.

From their GameCast...

jon (upstate ny): can the bills expect to win with jp losman at qb? i mean, seriously, he didn't even have 75 yards passing today

GARY HORTON: I don't think they can. His decision-making and accuracy are questionable and I don't think the players around him belive in him. It just doesn't look like he can manage the game effectively, and if they have to rely on him they might be in trouble...

Yeah, I'm sure the zero pass protection he had has nothing to do with it.

Jon from upstate NY can suck it. If Evans catches the one that went for pass interference (and he would have) there's fifty yards right there. And the pass to Roscoe was another 20. Hell, Willis McGahee didn't even have 100 yards today, horror of horrors. Let's get rid of him, too. :lol:

If you don't want to root for the Bills and JP Losman, go take up in FLA with the genius and Mularkey. Losman did everything that was asked of him today.

Yeah, I'm sure the zero pass protection he had has nothing to do with it.

776585[/snapback]

The OL was terrible....yet again. On some of what I thought were JP's worst plays, guys were charging at him completely unblocked.

When this franchise wants to get serious about featuring an offense powered by JP and Willis, they will start replacing the Mike Gandy's and Chris Villarial's with actual starting-caliber talent.

Jon from upstate NY can suck it.  If Evans catches the one that went for pass interference (and he would have) there's fifty yards right there.  And the pass to Roscoe was another 20.  Hell, Willis McGahee didn't even have 100 yards today, horror of horrors.  Let's get rid of him, too.  :lol:

Yeah, but they have a point. When your QB throws for less yards than your runningback (and your back doesn't even get to 100 yards...), you're going to be in trouble more often than not.

We beat Miami, which is great, but we're not an elite team yet. That said, I"d prefer winning ugly than losing pretty :)

Yeah, but they have a point.  When your QB throws for less yards than your runningback (and your back doesn't even get to 100 yards...), you're going to be in trouble more often than not.

776614[/snapback]

It depends on how the game unfolds. How many QB's with 300-yard passing days are on the "L" side of the win column.

With one exception (a late throw to the flat when they were backed up inside their own 20), I thought JP handled the in-game reads very well.

It depends on how the game unfolds.  How many QB's with 300-yard passing days are on the "L" side of the win column. 

With one exception (a late throw to the flat when they were backed up inside their own 20), I thought JP handled the in-game reads very well.

776625[/snapback]

We're not asking for 300 yards passing - our team isn't built that way.. But you need a good 150-200 yards I think. With our bad OL though, that's not easy to do...

We beat Miami, which is great, but we're not an elite team yet.  That said, I"d prefer winning ugly than losing pretty :lol:

776614[/snapback]

No one's claiming we're an elite team. I'm just saying, JP did everything the game plan asked of him. If the game plan includes some better blocking, you'll see bigger numbers out of him.

I'm going to defer to the poster who mentioned how often it occurs that the QB with the big numbers lost in a valiant effort -- because his team was behind. JP managed the game efficiently with the lead. And they never played like the lead was in danger. They controlled possession, let the defense do its work, and took Ronnie Brown out of this game. That was huge.

We're not asking for 300 yards passing - our team isn't built that way..  But you need a good 150-200 yards I think.  With our bad OL though, that's not easy to do...

776630[/snapback]

I agree Fez--but if you look at it...

JP had about 80 yards...the PI call is another 50, the pass to Parrish (which we will see again and again) was 20--there's your 150.

That play call on the WR screen was a great call--Reed should have been screening until Parrish actually caught the ball -- not in blocking position--there is usually a signal from the receiver like a "go" to signal that he has the ball and is ready to roll...Reed blocked before that signal. We will see this play again.

One thing I like about JP -- even with the OL is that he is getting much better reacting to the guys being in his face quickly -- he had a couple of completions in those situations today and the only real error he made was the fumble/non fumble thanks to the ref--where he tried to make something happen..he is progressing not regressing and we have nothing to do but give him time to learn...within a couple of games a quick slant to one of the WR is going to go to the house on a blitz play like that...it will be sweet. If Evans would have read blitz on one play in Miami territory in the 3rd he might have had six...

JP had about 80 yards...the PI call is another 50, the pass to Parrish (which we will see again and again) was 20--there's your 150. 

That play call on the WR screen was a great call--Reed should have been screening until Parrish actually caught the ball -- not in blocking position--there is usually a signal from the receiver like a "go" to signal that he has the ball and is ready to roll...Reed blocked before that signal.  We will see this play again.

One thing I like about JP -- even with the OL is that he is getting much better reacting to the guys being in his face quickly -- he had a couple of completions in those situations today and the only real error he made was the fumble/non fumble thanks to the ref--where he tried to make something happen..he is progressing not regressing and we have nothing to do but give him time to learn...

776698[/snapback]

PS -- his learning is going to happen a lot more quickly if we can get some wins like this. Roethlisberger has had more than his share of them.

Let's also not forget Lee's drop on that bomb in the first half.

And maybe I'm the only one who noticed, but JP is starting to master that "pass-and-duck" where he chucks a bomb just before he ducks out of the path of an on-rushing d-lineman. Almost a carbon copy of the play to Peerless against Cleveland this pre-season.

PS -- his learning is going to happen a lot more quickly if we can get some wins like this.  Roethlisberger has had more than his share of them.

776701[/snapback]

Like half of them in 2004...and look where they ended up last year...there is no substitute for learning by seeing in an actual game..we need him to grow into being a difference maker not requiring it of him right away...We will live through some horror--but if its managed horror I am okay with it :lol:

Let's also not forget Lee's drop on that bomb in the first half.

And maybe I'm the only one who noticed, but JP is starting to master that "pass-and-duck" where he chucks a bomb just before he ducks out of the path of an on-rushing d-lineman.  Almost a carbon copy of the play to Peerless against Cleveland this pre-season.

776706[/snapback]

I liked in the 4th qusrter when he rolled out the pocket and he kept his eyes downfield and scrambled for about 6 yards after he didn't have any other options.

From their GameCast...

Cincykid (Michael) (Kristiansand,Norway): Gary, do you think Volek really wants to carry a clipboard i san diego for the rest of his career? Whatabout someplace like Bills where he can compete for the job??

GARY HORTON: Buffalo would be a good fit  but I don't know if they have any interest. San Diego is good for him because you never know how Rivers is going to come around. And Volek feels like the organization deceived him in Tennessee. He sees himself as a starting quarterback and he'll go where he has the best chance to be just that.

776566[/snapback]

:lol::):w00t:

No turnovers!! He's making a lot of smart plays that don't show up in fantasy football. Let him keep playing smart and his big statistical games will come eventually.

And this crap about the players not trusting him is basically just leftover nonsense from last season that ESPN's "experts" regurgitate because they didn't do any homework on the Bills going into the season since they thought they'd be horrible and in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

No one's claiming we're an elite team.  I'm just saying, JP did everything the game plan asked of him.  If the game plan includes some better blocking, you'll see bigger numbers out of him.

I'm going to defer to the poster who mentioned how often it occurs that the QB with the big numbers lost in a valiant effort -- because his team was behind.  JP managed the game efficiently with the lead.  And they never played like the lead was in danger.  They controlled possession, let the defense do its work, and took Ronnie Brown out of this game.  That was huge.

776674[/snapback]

This game reminded me of watching Phillip Rivers in week 1. Hand the ball to the RB 85 percent of the and few throws. They opened the throwing game more this week for Rivers. Maybe next week JP will throw a little more.

I also remember Big Ben being groomed the same way his first year. Meathead should have followed this model last year. But I'm glad our coaches now know how to bring JP along correctly.

"can the bills expect to win with jp losman at qb? i mean, seriously, he didn't even have 75 yards passing today"

First off they did win and they were darn close to beating NE last week.

NFL.com is reporting Losman had 83 yards get your numbers right. And yes like mentioned earlyer the pass to Evens was great without the penlety add on 50 pkus yards and a TD for Loasmen Culpepper threw the ball 32 times losman threw is 18

IF you dont need to throw the ball to win we do it. This reporter knows nothing about the bills probly because they havn't been contenders for awhile and are not in the media very often. The bills want to be a SB winning team two or three years from now. Are rookies are playing like pro bowlers now! In two or three years this report by this reporter will be alot different, who knows maybe even sooner!

"can the bills expect to win with jp losman at qb? i mean, seriously, he didn't even have 75 yards passing today"

First off they did win and they were darn close to beating NE last week.

NFL.com is reporting Losman had 83 yards get your numbers right. And yes like mentioned earlyer the pass to Evens was great without the penlety add on 50 pkus yards and a TD for Loasmen Culpepper threw the ball 32 times losman threw is 18

IF you dont need to throw the ball to win we do it. This reporter knows nothing about the bills probly because they havn't been contenders for awhile and are not in the media very often. The bills want to be a SB winning team two or three years from now. Are rookies are playing like pro bowlers now! In two or three years this report by this reporter will be alot different, who knows maybe even sooner!

776952[/snapback]

Welcome to the board.

We like to extend warm wishes and tips to our Bills fan brethren, so

this might help.

or this.

or maybe this?

Go Bills!

Welcome to the board.

We like to extend warm wishes and tips to our Bills fan brethren, so

this might help.

or this.

or maybe this?

Go Bills!

776960[/snapback]

Thanks for the welcome. I have been coming to this board for three years. I am a dieheart Bills fan from ATL, Ga. My parents grew up in BUF and my dad and I would allways watch them play. As a young kid i watched the Bills lose 4 SB in a row. The last SB they lost our TV went out just as they lost, it has allways been a joke in our family that it couldn't take anymore. My dad kind of gave up on them but I realy tried to keep up with the Bills as much as posable without living in Buf. I have never posted on this board because of people like you. We are all on the same team. I am not good with grammer as you can see but i am realy happy for the Bills win today and wish they would get the credit they desirve, please only post back a post concerning the Bills.

GO BILLS!!!!

PS. I am in school so maybe the grammer and spelling will get better for you.

We're not asking for 300 yards passing - our team isn't built that way..  But you need a good 150-200 yards I think.  With our bad OL though, that's not easy to do...

776630[/snapback]

I don't think the o-line is bad at all. A few whiffs oon blitzes that JP needs to recognize and they were paving the road for willis all day

I don't think the o-line is bad at all. A few whiffs oon blitzes that JP needs to recognize and they were paving the road for willis all day

777078[/snapback]

Not bad? How many times did JP get 2 seconds to throw? Heck, how many times did he get to even set up to throw? Looks like he was throwing it away all the time to me. They weren't bad with the run, but pass blocking is (and has been for 10+ years) a problem.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been coming to this board for three years. I am a dieheart Bills fan from ATL, Ga.  My parents grew up in BUF and my dad and I would allways watch them play. As a young kid i watched the Bills lose 4 SB in a row. The last SB they lost our TV went out just as they lost, it has allways been a joke in our family that it couldn't take anymore.  My dad kind of gave up on them but I realy tried to keep up with the Bills as much as posable without living in Buf.  I have never posted on this board because of people like you. We are all on the same team.  I am not good with grammer as you can see but i am realy happy for the Bills win today and wish they would get the credit they desirve, please only post back a post concerning the Bills.

GO BILLS!!!!

PS. I am in school so maybe the grammer and spelling will get better for you.

776987[/snapback]

Oh, I'm just razzing you man. Keep posting. Lord knows I've posted my share of mistakes around here. Hell, in the last week I came up with the Pats playing the Giants instead of the Jets (misread b/c I saw they were playing at Giants STADIUM), and called Keith Ellison "Ralph."

Don't let a bastard like me get you down. We are all indeed rooting for the same team. And they were pleasing to watch today. Glad to hear you're representing BUFFALO in the ATL.

Oh, I'm just razzing you man.  Keep posting.  Lord knows I've posted my share of mistakes around here.  Hell, in the last week I came up with the Pats playing the Giants instead of the Jets (misread b/c I saw they were playing at Giants STADIUM), and called Keith Ellison "Ralph."

Don't let a bastard like me get you down.  We are all indeed rooting for the same team.  And they were pleasing to watch today.  Glad to hear you're representing BUFFALO in the ATL.

777090[/snapback]

Thanks man, I def will representing BUFFALO in the ATL, lol I hate the Falcons. I think I can talk for the both of us when i say,

"Go BILLS"

777078[/snapback]

It would be nice if Willis actually put some effort into pass blocking on occassion. That wiff he had today was embarrassing. It looked like he didn't really want to make contact.

It would be nice if Willis actually put some effort into pass blocking on occassion.  That wiff he had today was embarrassing.  It looked like he didn't really want to make contact.

777203[/snapback]

To be fair, a play or two before that bad whiff, he completely stopped Zach Thomas in his tracks, and then chipped a second rusher. One of the better plays I've seen him do.

The OL was terrible....yet again. On some of what I thought were JP's worst plays, guys were charging at him completely unblocked.

When this franchise wants to get serious about featuring an offense powered by JP and Willis, they will start replacing the Mike Gandy's and Chris Villarial's with actual starting-caliber talent.

776607[/snapback]

The Bills had many holes to fill this year,I think Marve did a good job this offseason. The O-line will continue to improve this year with coaching & continuity, If not then Marve will adress it next offseason.