SHOCK! MUSLIMs OUTRAGED!

pdh1

I'm trying to remember the last time someone put a gun to a person's head and said "Convert and become a Muslim, or die!"

Really...name me ONE instance of forcible conversion to Islam.  Just one.  From any point in history.  You can't, because there aren't any, because the Koran does not and has not ever recognized forcible conversion.  Ever.  Which is very unlike Christianity.

778498[/snapback]

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/02/zawahiri.tape/

"We invite all Americans and believers to Islam, whatever their role and status in Bush and Blair's world order," Gadahn says. "Decide today, because today could be your last day."

Mansfield, who is a writer and corporate adviser on the Middle East, Islam and terrorism, said the time reference could indicate an attack is near. Muslims believe that non-believers should be given a chance to convert before they are attacked, Mansfield said.

"This may well be a warning," she said.

The only indication of when the tape was made is a reference to the recent fighting between Hezbollah and Israel, which ended August 14.

Gadahn, also known as "Azzam the American," previously has been featured in al Qaeda tapes and is listed as armed and dangerous by the FBI on its Web site.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7th century was around the time of the crusades? :blush: .

778582[/snapback]

Yes, obviously. The Crusades were Christian wars against Muslims that were so bad that, in response, the Muslims had to go and invent Islam.

:blink:

This is similar to the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer describes going to return some pants, falling in mud, and ruining the very pants he was trying to return.

I'm trying to remember the last time someone put a gun to a person's head and said "Convert and become a Muslim, or die!"

Really...name me ONE instance of forcible conversion to Islam.  Just one.  From any point in history.  You can't, because there aren't any, because the Koran does not and has not ever recognized forcible conversion.  Ever.  Which is very unlike Christianity.

778498[/snapback]

The Ottoman Turks could have made Hitler proud

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/02/zawahiri.tape/

"We invite all Americans and believers to Islam, whatever their role and status in Bush and Blair's world order," Gadahn says. "Decide today, because today could be your last day."

Mansfield, who is a writer and corporate adviser on the Middle East, Islam and terrorism, said the time reference could indicate an attack is near. Muslims believe that non-believers should be given a chance to convert before they are attacked, Mansfield said.

"This may well be a warning," she said.

The only indication of when the tape was made is a reference to the recent fighting between Hezbollah and Israel, which ended August 14.

Gadahn, also known as "Azzam the American," previously has been featured in al Qaeda tapes and is listed as armed and dangerous by the FBI on its Web site.

778612[/snapback]

Seriously speaking, is there anyone normal left in this world?

The Amish are as about as different as you could be from the mainstraim, but no one has problems with them.

778491[/snapback]

You have obviously never witnessed an Amish drive-by shooting:

Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, BANG!!!

Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop ............

The Ottoman Turks could have made Hitler proud

778636[/snapback]

That was the model Hitler used to deflect any criticism that the Nazis' extermination of the Jews would be remembered by anyone.

-----

So the Pope apologized a couple of days ago, saying that he was sorry for the reaction the remarks caused. Note his words, which I admire for their backhandedness. Sorry for the reaction. Sorry that some people are so fvcking stupid that they react over nothing.

The Islamics' 'Well I NEVER!!!' reaction to a comment that they infer as saying their religion is evil and spread by the sword.... is to say they will attack the Vatican and butcher the Pope. :blush::blink: And round and round it goes.

much like Rosa Parks, (No this is not meant to insult or racist, but instead a similie) they aren't willing to realize that they have to take a back seat to other things that drive the modern world.

778258[/snapback]

Poor, poor example. Rosa Parks should have realized she had to take a back seat? Current-day Muslims' struggles are anything like that of blacks in America -- a history of enslavement and then treatment as second-class citizens? :blush: You have completely lost me on this one, man.

Muslims in the ME's real problem is leadership that doesn't work for them, whether that's in the fundamentalist schools, the terrorist organizations that claim to be on their side, or in the crooked governments.

You have obviously never witnessed an Amish drive-by shooting:

Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, BANG!!!

Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop ............

778652[/snapback]

As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain

I take a look at my wife and realize shes very plain

But thats just perfect for an amish like me

You know I shun fancy things like electricity

At 4:30 in the morning Im milkin cows

Jebediah feeds the chickens and jacob plows... fool

And Ive been milkin and plowin so long that

Even ezekiel thinks that my mind is gone

Im a man of the land, Im into discipline

Got a Bible in my hand and a beard on my chin

But if I finish all of my chores and you finish thine

Then tonight were gonna party like its 1699

We been spending most our lives

Living in an amish paradise

Ive churned butter once or twice

Its hard work and sacrifice

We sell quilts at a discount price

A local boy kicked me in the butt last week

I just smiled at him and I turned the other cheek

I really dont care, in fact I wish him well

cause Ill be laughing my head off when hes burning in hell

But I aint never punched a tourist even if he deserved it

An amish with a tude?

You know thats unheard of

I never wear buttons but I got a cool hat

And my homies agree

I really look good in black... fool

If you come to visit, youll be bored to tears

We havent even paid the phone bill in 300 years

But we aint really quaint, so please dont point and stare

Were just technologically impaired

Theres no phone, no lights, no motorcar

Not a single luxury

Like robinson caruso

Its as primitive as can be

Were just plain and simple guys

Theres no time for sin and vice

We dont fight, we all play nice

Hitchin up the buggy, churnin lots of butter

Raised a barn on monday, soon Ill raise anutter

Think youre really righteous?

Think youre pure in heart?

Well, I know Im a million time as humble as thou art

Im the pious guy the little amlettes wanna be like

On my knees day and night scorin points for the afterlife

So dont be vain and dont be whiny

Or else, my brother, I might have to get medieval on your heinie

Were all crazy mennonites

Theres no cops or traffic lights

But youd probably think it bites

Um. okay. :blush:

So why no problem with Hindus or Buddhists

The Amish are as about as different as you could be from the mainstraim, but no one has problems with them.

Because they don't have cells around the world plotting to blow people up.

And you make it seem like a "US vs. Islam" problem.

So how do explain away stuff like this?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/2...ombs/index.html

Christian market-blown up, people killed- In Indonesia-No US troops there-no oil-what say you?

778491[/snapback]

My point was that there are multiple secs of Islam. Being the 2nd largest religion in the world, with a lot (majority?) of the religion populating underdeveloped areas, its not really surprising that multiple interpretations and secs have developed.

People generally seem to have a hard time dividing how secs use elites to purport information to their members and where the blame should lie.

All religions are fueled by the interpretations of elites, passed down to their followers. Part of the reason why we have so many different interpretations of the same book (Bible).

That's BS and you know it.

The problem isn't that there *are* Muslims, but that there are a significant number of Muslims who openly claim the world needs to recognize that Islam is the one true religion.  And they're so secure in this belief that any criticism of Islam (even if it isn't criticism but, say, a question or a cartoon about it) is met with riots and violence.

I mean, they shot a nun in the back and killed her because of what they thought the Pope said.  People died because of cartoons a few months ago.  WTF?

778528[/snapback]

Its BS and I know it? Thats news to me.

Comments like this is what I'm referring to:

While his examples may not be the best, understand his point: we are at war with Islam, or rather Islam is at war with us.

When anyone talks about war versus a religion, its the same as saying denounce your religion or die.

When anyone talks about war versus a religion, its the same as saying denounce your religion or die.

778694[/snapback]

Though it is accurate to say that we are in a war with reactionary, militant Islam.

The problem is that people think reactionary, militant Islam is mainstream and representative of most people. Islam isn't the problem as much as extremism.

Compared to what?  The modern liberal Christian western ideal?

For the era...the Islamic world was the center of trade, culture, art, literature, and science in the world.  Even in modern times, their devotion to such would be considered commendable.  When it came to personal freedoms and religious tolerance - what are usally considered the modern hallmarks of "civilization" - they were second only to the Mongols.  It was safer to be a Jew in Merv or Samarkand or Baghdad than it was in Paris or Rheims or Venice back then. 

778117[/snapback]

BZZT. Thanks for playing. Try again sometime.

What a PC, multi-culti, "moral equivalence" crock of pure bull sh-- that is. Whatever culture, art, literature, etc. they had was the product their INVASIONS of other cultures and claiming those things as their own. And they have NEVER, EVER, EVER been tolerant.

You are the proud product of a modern, hook-line-and-sinker "this is the way we say it is" education. Talk to an 80-year-old Armenian sometime and ask about the truth of islam.

Educate yourself.

As far as the crusades go, they were a reaction to islamic violence. Both sides were bad, but one side started it. Wanna guess who? I shouldn't have to tell you if you know so much about their history.

778295[/snapback]

I, for one, am very thankful for the Crusades! Otherwise, I'd probably be wearing a friggin' BURKA and most certainly wouldn't have my beloved dog. (Mohammed and his followers hate dogs, you know. Tells you more than you need to know about their true nature.)

Hey Osama and Taliban and Jihadis - shove those burkas up your fuzzy arse!

Though it is accurate to say that we are in a war with reactionary, militant Islam.

The problem is that people think reactionary, militant Islam is mainstream and representative of most people.  Islam isn't the problem as much as extremism.

778696[/snapback]

Yup.

The problem is that people think reactionary, militant Islam is mainstream and representative of most people.  Islam isn't the problem as much as extremism.

778696[/snapback]

And that's not so much different than the ultra-conservative, right-wing Christian nutjobs here at home. They are a very small but extremely vocal minority.

True, they don't fly planes into buildings, but that's because they're American and basically too lazy. They hide behind plastic and duct tape instead.

Reactionary extremists of any persuasion are dangerous. What's more dangerous is making the assuming that the entire group subscribes to the extremist position. When that happens, the group becomes isolated and could end up joining the extremists. Almost like a self-fulfilling prophecy...back anyone into a corner and see what happens.

We are creating enemies faster than we can kill them.

And that's not so much different than the ultra-conservative, right-wing Christian nutjobs here at home. They are a very small but extremely vocal minority.

True, they don't fly planes into buildings, but that's because they're American and basically too lazy.  They hide behind plastic and duct tape instead.

778756[/snapback]

Right, they kill civillians because they have more "get up and go", so they have the "energy" to do stuff live this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4387604.stm

Please don't:

Vote

Breed

Run for office

Move any place near me

BZZT. Thanks for playing. Try again sometime.

What a PC, multi-culti, "moral equivalence" crock of pure bull sh-- that is. Whatever culture, art, literature, etc. they had was the product their INVASIONS of other cultures and claiming those things as their own. And they have NEVER, EVER, EVER been tolerant.

778714[/snapback]

Educate YOURSELF.

A good chunk of early Renissance culture came from the Muslim world via trade with Venetian and Genoese merchants. Literacy rates in the Islamic world in the 900-1200 time period were highest in the world. Most major cities had libraries; at least four of them (Merv, Samarkand, Baghdad, Bukhara) surpassed the Classical "Great" Library at Alexandria. Outside of China, Baghdad was the center of scholarship in the world. Islamic science laid the foundations for Renissance astronomy, mathematics (especially), medicine (the name of the author escapes me...but the first medical textbook was written by an Arab in Baghdad around 1100, and was used in Western universities well into the 1500's), engineering, agriculture, economics, and chemistry (Islamic scholars were centuries advanced beyond Western alchemists). Most of what we consider novel and unique advances in the Renissaince were predated in the Islamic world by two to four centuries (there's actually evidence that Gutenberg's press was preceded by the use of movable type printing in the Islamic world around 1250). Islam also made major contributions to the art, architecture, and music of the High Middle Ages, as well - not in a stylistic sense (though the modern major scale is based on an Arabic musical foundation), but in an inspirational sense; the great cathedrals of the Middle Ages, for example, are stylistically unique but recall in scale not any architecture of the classical era but the great mosques of the Islamic era.

And Islam was spread more by trade than conquest...through Persia, greater India, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Central Asia, and Western China. Through those regions, Islam was able to peacefully coexist with Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism/Confucianism, local Christian sects (Nestorian Christianity, for example) and the various tribal shamanist religions.