I've got:

Carolina -3 over MINNESOTA

SEATTLE -7 over Arizona

PHILADELPHIA -3 over NY GIANTS*

College:

LOUISVILLE -4.5 over Miami (FL)

Michigan St +2.5 over PITTSBURGH

* Betting 2x normal bet

That Baltimore line keeps going higher. It was 9 on Tuesday.

I may just pass on this week. ;)

774071[/snapback]

:lol:

I was discussing my bets last Saturday afternoon with a friend of mine who is a fellow wagerer. I asked him what he thought about the night game between Ohio State and Texas. He said, "I'm not sure...If I WAS going to take it, I'd take OSU...." I just started laughing and said, "So WHEN you take it, you're taking Ohio St." He just started laughing too. Even if it's your best intention (and a good idea) to lay off, once Saturday and Sunday roll around, there's always a few that look good. Might as well stop lying to yourself now. :rolleyes:

I gotta say Philly. I don't think it'll even be close. 20-7.

773971[/snapback]

I'm not high on the Giants either. McNabb is playing like a kid again. I don't think it's a lock, but I like Philly to win.

The Baltimore / Oakland game just screams at me. San Diego / Tennessee as well. Those could both be 20-pt margins.

Yep.

I like the Packers, Vikings, and Jaguars. Love points at home early in the season.

774658[/snapback]

Hey AT - personally I see no home dogs that stick out like the Lions & Rams last week. I've officially given up on GB in Lambeau after they screwed over my suicide pool each of the last two years, followed by last week's debacle. The only thing with the Vikes & Jags is that they're both playing phenominal road teams. Actually, every team in the NFC South seems to play better on the road.

I kinda like the Bucs, the Browns who always give the Bengals fits in Cincy, and Lions who I really like this year for some odd reason. Overall, I think Rico has it right that it's a horrible gambling week.

Hey AT - personally I see no home dogs that stick out like the Lions & Rams last week.  I've officially given up on GB in Lambeau after they screwed over my suicide pool each of the last two years, followed by last week's debacle.  The only thing with the Vikes & Jags is that they're both playing phenominal road teams.  Actually, every team in the NFC South seems to play better on the road.  

I kinda like the Bucs, the Browns who always give the Bengals fits in Cincy, and Lions who I really like this year for some odd reason.  Overall, I think Rico has it right that it's a horrible gambling week.

774713[/snapback]

I often look at one point and say it's a horrible gambling week; then two days later I like 10 games. :pirate: I usually only play three...maybe 4.

I think Carolina is easy to defend without Smith. He makes so much of their offense and special teams go. Their offensive line is well below average. They look like an 8-8 team to me. There's precedent from 2004 when they were 7-9 off an amazing Super Bowl run. Minnesota is a home dog off a road win; always good. I'm high on the Vikings too this season since I think Culpepper and Tice were great subtractions and Hutchinson is one of the ten best players in all of football. I love the Vikings Sunday.

GB - well, I'm starting to share your concern because it looks like the line move is being driven towards NO by real money. Perhaps it is best to avoid The Brett Favre Adventure these days.

I hate to say it, but the Jets looks attractive at +6. New England is going to be perceived to be "angry" but that's always an overplayed angle; Jets are another home dog off a road win and they're underrated. As does SF at +3. They beat St. Louis twice last year, Nolan is pretty solid and I think the Rams losing McCollum is big.

Baltimore over Oakland.  Going with that as my suicide pick this week

Last week I think I was the first person in the history of the world to successfully use Arizona as a suicide pick

774738[/snapback]

I took the Cards last week and the Ravens this week as well. Almost everyone who didn't take the Pats last week went with Arizona so you're definitely not alone. This week was a lot more options, but with a healthy McNair and a tough schedule, this seems like the best week to use Baltimore.

I took the Cards last week and the Ravens this week as well.  Almost everyone who didn't take the Pats last week went with Arizona so you're definitely not alone.  This week was a lot more options, but with a healthy McNair and a tough schedule, this seems like the best week to use Baltimore.

774741[/snapback]

The Arizona Cardinals getting respect :pirate:

A white buffalo is born :devil:

The end times are nigh. Nigh I tell you!