Saftey play was excellent

East Brady

This afternoon I checked out the sunday tic game by game highlights that was sent to my DVR.

Clicked on the Bills and pats game and found something that may interest some who don't get this package.

The camara angle was from what appeared to be the goalpost cam or high in the endzone. The play looks totally different from this perspective as it only shows the play from just inside the tackles.As JP takes the snap and begins his drop back Shelton#31 heads just to the right of fowler.

jp then fakes to willis who steps slightly to the left to get around fowler and does a 5 yard pattern and turns around to recieve the pass......#31 has run a curl pattern about 7 yards to the right clearing out the middle backer and also turns to rec. the pass......Jp begins to set up for the throw to willis and thats when the pressure from the left comes into view. As seymour takes a swipe at the back of jp's throwing shoulder he was just about to set up and dump the ball over the middle to willis and the pressure from the right takes him down for the saftey..........

My opin. after seeing the play from this endzone camara which I have not seen from any other source leads me to believe that THE RIGHT PLAY WAS CALLED ......This camara angle clearly shows the center of the field was totally cleared out and willis was set to catch the pass which would have clearly picked up at least 20 yards if not more as he was totally uncovered......The fault obviously lies with the line . Just 1.5 seconds more of protection and willis is off to the races for a huge gain right down the middle of the pats D......The look on willis face is one of ah F' because he knew he was the primary reciever and the field was wide open for the 1st down and most likely much more.

I really like what we saw sunday and feel that this staff has us headed in the right direction.....

While many have bemoaned the play call with regards to a 7 step drop ect ect this really was a great play call....Just a little better pass blocking and jp dumps the ball over the nose tackles head for an easy HIGH% completion and willis is off to the races........

Nothing like the idiot plays we would have seen last year.......The coaches put JP in a postion to complete the easy pass to willis and pick up the first down!!

If you get the sunday ticket be sure to check your mail box, the highlights are there from every game.......awesome!!!!!!!!!

McGahee was the outlet (and probably should have been used) but that was not the play call. Evans said immediately after the game and on his radio show last night that they had the deep ball called on that play.

I like the call (Lee said he loved the call) but I would prefer not to see JP taking a 7-step drop from the 8-yard line. Obviously the protection was the problem.

The camara angle was from what appeared to be the goalpost cam or high in the endzone. The play looks totally different from this perspective as it only shows the play from just inside the tackles.As JP takes the snap and begins his drop back Shelton#31 heads just to the right of fowler.

jp then fakes to willis who steps slightly to the left to get around fowler and does a 5 yard pattern and turns around to recieve the pass......#31 has run a curl pattern about 7 yards to the right clearing out the middle backer and also turns to rec. the pass......Jp begins to set up for the throw to willis and thats when the pressure from the left comes into view. As seymour takes a swipe at the back of jp's throwing shoulder he was just about to set up and dump the ball over the middle to willis and the pressure from the right takes him down for the saftey..........

My opin. after seeing the play from this endzone camara which I have not seen from any other source leads me to believe that THE RIGHT PLAY WAS CALLED ......This camara angle clearly shows the center of the field was totally cleared out and willis was set to catch the pass which would have clearly picked up at least 20 yards if not more as he was totally uncovered......The fault obviously lies with the line . Just 1.5 seconds more of protection and willis is off to the races for a huge gain right down the middle of the pats D......The look on willis face is one of ah F' because he knew he was the primary reciever and the field was wide open for the 1st down and most likely much more.

Excellent analysis, Brady.

What did you say your first name was?

Running a two back set on 3rd/long and then releasing both guys out of the backfield is not the right play. It's a poor offensive design and the Bills paid for it.

771259[/snapback]

Everybody and their grandma knew that the Pats would blitz on that play. I would have preferred a simple screen pass in that instance. It would punish the Pats for their aggression and even if it didn't work there was no chance for a sack or a turnover. I'm all for aggression but with a tie game and at your own 7 yard line you have to play smart, a 7 step drop is not smart.

McGahee was the outlet (and probably should have been used) but that was not the play call.  Evans said immediately after the game and on his radio show last night that they had the deep ball called on that play.

I like the call (Lee said he loved the call) but I would prefer not to see JP taking a 7-step drop from the 8-yard line.  Obviously the protection was the problem.

771191[/snapback]

The problem to begin with, was the phantom penalty. "Holding...number undetermined...offense!"

What the refs should have just said..."Holding...we don't the number, we don't care...game is getting late and score is tied...10 yards...let's go Pats!"