Aaron Schobel....

Bill from NYC

Excuse making? Whining? Perhaps, but I saw 2 plays were he was clearly held. On one of them, he was actually pulled backwards. <_<

Despite this, he had a sack, provided a ton of pressure, and batted down passes in critical situations.

I have always hated the cliches about white athletes such as "high motor," "lunch pail," or "smart player." Chris Speilman was always disturbed by these comments.

Aaron Schobel can flat out play, and his biggest assett was always his pure speed. Now, he has clearly learned the game, and imo is headed to the Pro Bowl.

I don't know if we will win on Sunday, but Culpepper better watch his ass, because Schobel is going to destroy Shelton, or so I predict. I am looking for 2 or 3 sacks from #94!

It seems strange to even think it, but imo our defensive ends will keep us in the game in Miami.

Excuse making? Whining? Perhaps, but I saw 2 plays were he was clearly held. On one of them, he was actually pulled backwards.  <_<

Despite this, he had a sack, provided a ton of pressure, and batted down passes in critical situations.

I have always hated the cliches about white athletes such as "high motor," "lunch pail," or "smart player." Chris Speilman was always disturbed by these comments.

Aaron Schobel can flat out play, and his biggest assett was always his pure speed. Now, he has clearly learned the game, and imo is headed to the Pro Bowl.

I don't know if we will win on Sunday, but Culpepper better watch his ass, because Schobel is going to destroy Shelton, or so I predict. I am looking for 2 or 3 sacks from #94!

It seems strange to even think it, but imo our defensive ends will keep us in the game in Miami.

769104[/snapback]

Excellent post. He is at the top of his game.

The holding was ridiculous by New England.... Also, was it just me or was New England jumping early on several plays with no calls?  Just wondering if my eyes were deceiving me..... <_<

769118[/snapback]

I certainly saw the same thing, and I believe there are at least two other active threads here talking about the same observations. I cannot force myself to believe these must just be honest errors because these mistakes go in the favor of the same teams way, way too often. Anyone see the refs literally rob Jacksonville of a clear interception yesterday that would have sealed the game? The ball never came close to hitting the ground, but that is what the ref said after receiving the play. Why? In my humble opinion, because the league doesn't want to see a small market team like the Jags beat a money-making powerhouse like Dallas. Fortunately for Jacksonville, the Cowgirls let Drew Bledsoe throw again, and he hit a wide-open defensive back for yet another INT.

I certainly saw the same thing, and I believe there are at least two other active threads here talking about the same observations. I cannot force myself to believe these must just be honest errors because these mistakes go in the favor of the same teams way, way too often. Anyone see the refs literally rob Jacksonville of a clear interception yesterday that would have sealed the game? The ball never came close to hitting the ground, but that is what the ref said after receiving the play. Why? In my humble opinion, because the league doesn't want to see a small market team like the Jags beat a money-making powerhouse like Dallas. Fortunately for Jacksonville, the Cowgirls let Drew Bledsoe throw again, and he hit a wide-open defensive back for yet another INT.

769223[/snapback]

I hate being a conspiracy theorist, but between ESPN's shunning of anything Buffalo, and som eof the frustration being echoed via ref calls, and then all of the Ralph Wilson crusading for revenue sharing and sticking up for small markets I can't help but wonder is there is a bit of this going on.

The only obvious thing I saw by the refs was the obvious 3/4 of yd they added to the spot of the ball that assured NE a 1st down.

I wasn't watching for holding on the OL, but the gae is Tivo'd so I might go back and take a look.

769223[/snapback]

I think the replay official honored the "no conclusive evidence to reverse the play called on the field" thing.

The defender came up with the ball ultimately, but when he hit the turf, I couldn't tell if the ball was positively within his arm or if the turf held it in place.

That wasn't a challanged play because of it being within 2 minutes (and Parcells erred with his red-flag throw earlier in the quarter, tossing it a second before the JAX snap, and as it turned out that what he was purporting to challange cound not be - according to the announcers).

So the upstairs folks wanted another look, which they had no obligation to do. To me, they acted in the best interest of both clubs.

In the last minutes of SF - AZ came that was shown after the end of the DAL game, I noticed a ref running to spot the ball in the last few seconds, as SF had a shot at a tie and had no time-outs. Good work by that fellow.

I think the replay official honored the "no conclusive evidence to reverse the play called on the field" thing.

The defender came up with the ball ultimately, but when he hit the turf, I couldn't tell if the ball was positively within his arm or if the turf held it in place.

That wasn't a challenged play because of it being within 2 minutes (and Parcells erred with his red-flag throw earlier in the quarter, tossing it a second before the JAX snap, and as it turned out that what he was purporting to challenge cound not be - according to the announcers).

So the upstairs folks wanted another look, which they had no obligation to do. To me, they acted in the best interest of both clubs.

In the last minutes of SF - AZ came that was shown after the end of the DAL game, I noticed a ref running to spot the ball in the last few seconds, as SF had a shot at a tie and had no time-outs. Good work by that fellow.

769237[/snapback]

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the initial call on the field was that the interception was made. Which means the reviewing ref must see conclusive evidence to overturn the call. The cameras never showed that ball hit the ground.

The fact that officials upstairs ordered the play to be reviewed only furthers my belief that if such a conspiracy exists, it is NFL-wide and not just a ref here and there.

In all, I do think the booth was right in sending it down to the field being that it was a game-ending play, but there is no way that ref should be allowed to call another NFL game.

Even Mr Cowboy himself, Troy Aikman, was saying it was clearly an INT.

769237[/snapback]

According to some, he wouldn't have done that for Jacksonville, Buffalo or Tampa Bay. I guess that same guy would've just taken his sweet old time. <_<

Agreed.....I have always liked his play and I think that his first Pro Bowl will be this year......As far as this game goes, the only think I am sure of is that Schobels neck is going to be sore from all of the fuggin holds their lineman had on him....this was a fuggin joke.....the refs should be ASHAMED of their performance....It was PISS POOR!!!!

He plays tough and is a very good player we have at a reasonable price. I'll take him anyday. I don't know what the critics want? There is no Bruce Smith in the league right now, so you're not going to get him.

Mario Williams costs more than our DE and our DE is better right now.

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the initial call on the field was that the interception was made. Which means the reviewing ref must see conclusive evidence to overturn the call. The cameras never showed that ball hit the ground.

The fact that officials upstairs ordered the play to be reviewed only furthers my belief that if such a conspiracy exists, it is NFL-wide and not just a ref here and there.

In all, I do think the booth was right in sending it down to the field being that it was a game-ending play, but there is no way that ref should be allowed to call another NFL game.

Even Mr Cowboy himself, Troy Aikman, was saying it was clearly an INT.

769242[/snapback]

We will see more and more of the transparent obvious miscalls against small market teams. The ref must have wanted Dallas to win very badly to save his job.

Its only a conspiracy when you "think" there's one. I don't think there's one, I know there's one.

I saw the same thing - this guy should feel really good about his performance yesterday....if we could find some way to stop the run, this defense might be something special...any word on the injuries from yesterday?

769715[/snapback]

Agreed Don!

Kelsay made plays as well, and Denney's one handed tackle was wicked. Good DEs are VERY hard to find, and we have 3 imo.

As for the run defense, imo a big problem was Anderson. I was hoping to see improvement from him this year, but he was tossed around yet again. ;) Knowing it is asking a ton from a rookie, I think that Williams will help the run defense, but it will probably take time.

Also, Spikes is obviously the biggest question mark.

The media can gush all over Bruschi as they choose, and he IS pretty good, but Spikes, on the worst day of his life, is twice as good as Bruschi on the best day of his. Honestly, so is Fletcher imo.

I don't know if we can beat the phish on Sunday, but I view it as a distinct possibility. I view the 06 Bills group of DTs as clearly superior pass rushers than the 05 bunch, and we have 3 DEs that are either in, or entering their prime.

If we can force them into passing situations, we can kick Culpepper's ass, but you are right. To do so, we must stop the run.