All in all

Thailog80

Our first game with the young QB, new HC, OC, DC wasn't that bad. Yeah we lost and it sucked but we were in it until the end.

767645[/snapback]

exactly...unlike last year, I'm looking forward to the next game.

Our first game with the young QB, new HC, OC, DC wasn't that bad. Yeah we lost and it sucked but we were in it until the end.

767645[/snapback]

That pretty much sums it up for me also. We had our chances but let's face it, Tom Brady is one hell of a QB when the pressure is on.

767645[/snapback]

We lost on the road against a good team with the best QB in football. Seriously, that's not that bad.

Apart from all of the obvious, you act like you not only expected them to become great over night, but also win against the Pats.

I want to see a winning team too.  If you look closer, you just might see one looming over the horizon.

767560[/snapback]

I don't see much difference from last year. They can't block (legally anyways), they can't tackle. The first sign of adversity they fold like a book!

Same players + different coaches= same as last year 5-11. :rolleyes:

Honestly, Im not too upset. Yeah, it was frustrating as hell. I have a million what if's. What if McGahee gets the spot.....what if they dont call that block in the back on Royal........what if they dont elect to throw it from their own endzone. ( although, honestly, I think the PAts had so much momentum they would have driven down and gotten the FG anyway)...

But this game wasnt supposed to be close. The Bills were the more physical team out there for a good majority of the game. Rookies were forced into action and showed well for themselves. ( Whitner, Simpson, Ellison, Williams).

Yeah, we lost.........very annoying...typical Patriot win.......but..

A) I dont think many of us had this game circled as a W on our schedule anyway

B) I think maybe this Bills team is a little better than we all gave them credit for. This season could be interesting.

that's just crap.  I'm tired for looking positives in our losses.  it's always close.  we always show something to be positive about going forward.  and then the bills always break our hearts

767665[/snapback]

We actually played well in the roadie clown suits....that doesnt happen much.

Agreed. Overall this team exceeded my expectations and came out and played pretty well.

I really hope the Bills demand and explanantion from the league about the whistle on the INT return though. Yes it was a legit penalty on the play and it wouldn't have been a TD, but it wasn't even close to being OB. That play more than any other really makes you wonder.

that's just crap.  I'm tired for looking positives in our losses.  it's always close.  we always show something to be positive about going forward.  and then the bills always break our hearts

767665[/snapback]

So are we just supposed to stop trying? I don't understand this mentality. we're ALL sick and tired of losing...but you also need to have some perspective. We've made changes...and we'll keep making changes until we get it right. That's usually how it works. Would it be nice to not have to go years in between "good" teams? Of course....but it is what it is, and we're starting from scratch again.

So are we just supposed to stop trying? I don't understand this mentality. we're ALL sick and tired of losing...but you also need to have some perspective. We've made changes...and we'll keep making changes until we get it right. That's usually how it works. Would it be nice to not have to go years in between "good" teams? Of course....but it is what it is, and we're starting from scratch again.

767704[/snapback]

It seems we have been starting from scratch the last 6 years.

I agree with you. For the first game under a new system they performed well. I'm surprised the Pats didn't challenge the rookie safties more.

Even if they would have won this game they aren't making the playoffs this year. We better recognize positive steps forward and be happy w/ that this season.

767665[/snapback]

thank you, I'm tired of searching for positives when all that matters is if you win the game.

The run defense looks worse than it did last year.

Willis started out running quick and then he got the dancies and sucked.

Where was A-Train after his TD run? did he get in at all after that?

Why the hell wasn't JP in shotgun when they were so backed up?

The D line was absolutely owned and Nate missed several tackles as did McGee.

Were the WR covered so well? Where were they?

Not 1 deep attempt all day? What happened to spreading the defense.

Jauron clammed up like the Fonz did in Waterboy after the Pats stopped that 4th and 1. And to everyone who sais the Pats were driving at that point you are wrong. The Pats did not come alive until the big stop by their 'D'.

It's almost more depressing to lose a close game that you were not supposed to win than to just outright lose.

I dread this year.

I'm just glad we were close and lost. This year is obviously a lost year, but if we can nail that first pick in the draft, and lose all our games at the very end by close, controversial margins, that would be the best possible scenario. I'd take 0-16 with all 16 losses like this in a heartbeat. Moral victories matter! Worst thing that could happen would be to win enough to get the 16th pick in the draft. I say, BRAVO! PERFECT GAME! :rolleyes:

767710[/snapback]

A game most thought would be a loss. Would the QB be the same? Would the lines begin to jell in a new system on both sides of the ball?

The game has slowed down for JP definitely. He used many receivers and was on target.

The lines looked good at times and not so good at other times.

This team is definitely on an upswing. We will beat Miami in Miami.

Right on, Kelly. In reality, the moment we didn't get the fourth and 1, you kinda knew what was happening, but the pick by Simpson showed something different, and if this is how we play our first game, I look forward to seeing how we improve during the year.

I've said it all along: I don't expect miracles. I just expect us to get better as the year progresses. Not a bad start.

A game most thought would be a loss. Would the QB be the same? Would the lines begin to jell in a new system on both sides of the ball?

The game has slowed down for JP definitely. He used many receivers and was on target.

The lines looked good at times and not so good at other times.

This team is definitely on an upswing. We will beat Miami in Miami.

767779[/snapback]

I wish I felt the same way. I just don't see much improvement. The second half was a joke! Bill's fans deserve better than this garbage!

I don't see much difference from last year. They can't block (legally anyways), they can't tackle. The first sign of adversity they fold like a book!

Same players + different coaches= same as last year 5-11. :rolleyes:

767682[/snapback]

We both must be the only stupid ones on the board...I feel the same way.

JP Losman=Trent Dilfer

767710[/snapback]

Yep, and we have...and it sucks. Nobody is saying otherwise. But like I said, sooner or later we'll get it right....and today was more of a positive in that direction than a negative, IMO.

Yep, and we have...and it sucks. Nobody is saying otherwise. But like I said, sooner or later we'll get it right....and today was more of a positive in that direction than a negative, IMO.

767874[/snapback]

I agree that some year we will get it right. The question is will my great grandkids appreciate it? :doh:

NOBODY expected the Bills to win this game. The fact that we lead most of the way, and were in it to the end was for me, a big positive. If we keep making incremental improvements as the year goes on, we will be a pretty damn good team by year's end. And that will certainly be a BIG improvement compared to where we left off at end of last year. It's looking like this will be a fun year - enjoy the ride!!!

Time to think 2007. Losman could have been worse, and the coching could have been worse, so next year could be OK with a good draft. Looked like the lines were even worse than last year, if that's possible, so it is time to look for lineman coming out of college. Still believe we've got 2 or 3 wins in us this year...which will line us up nicely. The Jets winning was huge, as they are competition for that top pick.

Looked like the lines were even worse than last year, if that's possible, so it is time to look for lineman coming out of college.

767969[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a candidate for chromosomally challenged individual of the year....The OL was actually a BRIGHT SPOT all day.

Time to think 2007.  Losman could have been worse, and the coching could have been worse, so next year could be OK with a good draft.  Looked like the lines were even worse than last year, if that's possible, so it is time to look for lineman coming out of college. Still believe we've got 2 or 3 wins in us this year...which will line us up nicely.  The Jets winning was huge, as they are competition for that top pick.

767969[/snapback]

I agree totally. If we can come out of this season with JP CLEARLY establishing himself as a stud QB in this league, it may actually be better that we DON'T win these games....f we have a solid QB going into next year, then a higher draft position could really help us get over the hump.