OK, it's Tuesday evening

AJ1

What is the delay? CBS can offer only two games: Jets @ Tenn or Bills @ NE. They still haven't decided what game to offer in NY? I see the Syracuse offering is also TBA. What gives?

What is the delay?  CBS can offer only two games: Jets @ Tenn or Bills @ NE.  They still haven't decided what game to offer in NY?  I see the Syracuse offering is also TBA.  What gives?

762536[/snapback]

My Syracuse listings show Bills/NE. Where are you seeing TBA?

My Syracuse listings show Bills/NE. Where are you seeing TBA?

762549[/snapback]

Off of TV Guide .com

I cross referenced channel 6's homepage to the Guide and both showed TBA. Not surprised the page's aren't updated expediently, but I have been waiting for the local CBS affiliate to say something about opening day for weeks. Maybe the frigging horses are more important. Not to me.

Off of TV Guide .com

I cross referenced channel 6's homepage to the Guide and both showed TBA.  Not surprised the page's aren't updated expediently, but I have been waiting for the local CBS affiliate to say something about opening day for weeks.  Maybe the frigging horses are more important.  Not to me.

762552[/snapback]

I'm in the Albany area too, with Digital Time Warner Cable. Get ready for a huge disappointment...

NFL Football

CBS Sep 10 01:00pm Add to My Calendar

Sports, 180 Mins.

You can record this program to your TiVo. Learn more...

"New York Jets at Tennessee Titans"

[no description available]

Thats according to Yahoo TV's listing for the area. Talk about a kick to the junk.

I'm in the Albany area too, with Digital Time Warner Cable.  Get ready for a huge disappointment...

NFL Football

CBS Sep 10 01:00pm Add to My Calendar

Sports, 180 Mins.

You can record this program to your TiVo. Learn more...

"New York Jets at Tennessee Titans"

[no description available]

Thats according to Yahoo TV's listing for the area.  Talk about a kick to the junk.

762558[/snapback]

That's what I expected. The Bills will have to prove they are significantly better than the gangreen before 6 favors them over the dogazzes. It would take 2 wins in first two games this season, for instance. Have not looked to see Jets' schedule for week 2.

Off of TV Guide .com

I cross referenced channel 6's homepage to the Guide and both showed TBA.  Not surprised the page's aren't updated expediently, but I have been waiting for the local CBS affiliate to say something about opening day for weeks.  Maybe the frigging horses are more important.  Not to me.

762552[/snapback]

Ahhh.... I went directly to WTVH's programming guide with uses TitanTV.

if they show the jets in this area (schenectady ) i will be pissed . i can not belive that they would not want to show bills and pats . i am calling and telling them to shove the jets up there !@#$ing  ass  :angry:  ;)

762562[/snapback]

Anywhere east of Binghamton is Jets territory, unfortunately. :doh:

Anywhere east of Binghamton is Jets territory, unfortunately.  :angry:

762588[/snapback]

But we're close enough to NE to (hopefully) give the station the option of taking the Bills/NE game. Tennessee & the Jets won't combine for 8 wins this season-it's a horrible game to televise anywhere. Last year the station took a Patriot game or 2 over both the Jets & the Bills, so I have hope for this Sunday.

Follow the Giants and none of you will have this problem.

Anyway, I think the games being broadcast are determined by CBS, not local channels. There's no logic it seems to the games they broadcast but it looks like the Jets have to play terrible b4 they consider Buf/NE games. Very frustrating to Albany area AFCE fans.

What is the delay?  CBS can offer only two games: Jets @ Tenn or Bills @ NE.  They still haven't decided what game to offer in NY?  I see the Syracuse offering is also TBA.  What gives?

762536[/snapback]

I sent an email to WRGB stating that since it is Wednesday the decision should have been made by CBS and they should update website. Hopefully we see good news soon.

It's official:  Jets @ Tennessee on WRGB.  F' them!

NFL Football NY Jets @ Tennessee

763271[/snapback]

Here's how much I like the Jets. I think that they should be disbanded and the players split between the other 31 teams. Then NY CBS affiliates would be relieved of showing a crap team which no one out of NYC metro area cares about.

You'll just have to cross the boder into enemy territory to see the game then.

763312[/snapback]

I'm going to either watch the game from a bar in Old Forge or (believe it or not) from the top of Bald mountain outside of the Forge with my portable TV and a handful of batteries. Picks up CBS 5 pretty good from there. Yes, I'm a crazy Bills fan!!

I'm going to either watch the game from a bar in Old Forge or (believe it or not) from the top of Bald mountain outside of the Forge with my portable TV and a handful of batteries. Picks up CBS 5 pretty good from there. Yes, I'm a crazy Bills fan!!

763320[/snapback]

When I first moved to Albany in 1988, I took a portable TV out Rt 20 until I got Utica in for the Bears game at 1:00 and then went to the thruway rest stop 60 miles west for a 4:00 game against Seattle-ate at the Burger King at halftime. Then I found out they had games on sattelites in bars. ;)

762536[/snapback]

This is why I wake up each morning and give my wife a hug and kiss and tell her thank you for buying me sunday ticket for christmas 12 years ago!!!!

I remember WRGB letting us vote on bills vs jets vs pats for the AFC game back in the 90's. I also remember bills fans always voting early and often and the bills being the fan's choice.

We should ask the station to bring back the vote. With a game like this week's we would surely find more support for Bflo-NE since WRGB also broadcasts into Mass.

I remember WRGB letting us vote on bills vs jets vs pats for the AFC game back in the 90's. I also remember bills fans always voting early and often and the bills being the fan's choice.

We should ask the station to bring back the vote. With a game like this week's we would surely find more support for Bflo-NE since WRGB also broadcasts into Mass.

763441[/snapback]

Feel better about week 2. CBS has the double-header. NE at Jets @ 4:15. Bills are on at 1. Now if the Giants are playing in conference we are home free.

Giants are at Philly