The Cuts

Figured I saw some of these floating around and decided to keep this as an ubdateable post.

Rashad Baker - Minnesota Viking

Jonathon Smith - New England Patriot

Eric King - Tennessee Titan

Others can be added below, looks like the Titan's dove on Eric pretty fast.

760828[/snapback]

Nance Viking PS or so I heard

Jonathon Smith - New England Patriot

760828[/snapback]

I hope he doesn't burn us in the season opener....For one, Belichek can pick this guys brain and get info about the offensive plays...SEcondly he is a good return guy...If this guy did return for a score, then Belicheck will look like GOD...while the bills will look like fools.....

The WR thin Patriots can definitely use Fast Freddie Smith.

I hope he doesn't burn us in the season opener....For one, Belichek can pick this guys brain and get info about the offensive plays...SEcondly he is a good return guy...If this guy did return for a score, then Belicheck will look like GOD...while the bills will look like fools.....

The WR thin Patriots can definitely use  Fast Freddie Smith.

760846[/snapback]

This is very bad.

This is very bad.

760858[/snapback]

IMO, the NFL is not about knowing the other team's playbook...its about having your own team be able to perform their own playbook responsibilities on a consistent basis. There are very few surprise plays (other than in MM's head), only good or poor execution.

Also, for those that are concerned, remember the Bills did not begin game planning yet for NE. So the game plan is not "out in the open" so to speak.

When Lawyer came it was different because it was the same system in NE. So Lawyer had a few seasons worth of expierence to draw on in terms of that. Whereas Smith has only this season. He is not nearly as familiar with the offensive system as Lawyer was with the NE Defense.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

News flash: Freddie Smith isn't even very fast. We made the right move. He's not very intelligent either so I doubt he can tell Belichek much of anything. This whole thing is silly.

760950[/snapback]

Bill Belichek Is going to being in a golden retriever as a surprise receiver and then throw a fit when Takeo tackles it.

You'd think everyone would be pleased to see how many teams are signing our castoffs. Yes, you could argue that we don't know the staff so we don't have confidence that they're doing the right thing. But I'd like to think even a rookie coach knows you make the cuts you can live with in all scenarios.

It also indicates where some teams have a weakness.

In terms of Smith and the Patriots, I suspect we probably have a good idea on how to cover him on special teams.

Yes, it's common wisdom to suspect we're going to get embarrassed by someone we released, but this team has bigger concerns than whether Jonathon Smith is going to take one on us. It's a marathon. One day at a time, one game at a time, and build on what is working.

There's not enough evidence at this point to suggest that the new staff doesn't know what they're doing.

Oh come on. "Fast" Freddie didn't do jack for us since he got here. We've got better players at WR, kick and punt returner. Are we going to keep a marginal player just so NE doesn't pick him up and burn us with him? That's paranoia.

RTB

760870[/snapback]

Indeed... and really, people, do we think that Freddie has such a photographic memory that, deep in the bowels of the Pats training facility, he will divulge the entire Bills playbook? Please.

I can see it now, dim lighting like in 24, Belichek and Freddie...

BB: Now Fred, about the playbook

FF: Um... yeah.... on this play, I was supposed to run fast down the field...

BB: Good, good... *smirking as he makes notes* And on this play?

FF: Um... yeah.... I was supposed to run fast down the field...

BB: *cackling with evil glee* I knew it! Mwahahahahaha! And on punt returns?

FF: Um... yeah.... I am supposed to run fast down the field...

*Cut to commerical as the clock ticks toward opening day*

If the Pats crush the Bills on Sunday, which is quite possible, it will not be because of Fast Freddie.