Sad news, Hooters in Syracuse temp closed....

Just Jack

Video story from Channel 9

Newspaper article Hooters closes after health inspection

Hooters restaurant at Carousel Center temporarily closed today after a health inspection found mouse droppings and other health code violations.

The problems were uncovered Wednesday during a surprise inspection by the Onondaga County Health Department, said Dr. Cynthia Morrow, the county health commissioner.

"My understanding is that there were numerous violations," Morrow said today. "We recommended that they voluntarily close so that they can address the concerns found during the inspection. They will not reopen until they have had a satisfactory inspection by the health department. They are certainly committed to fixing this."

The problems included mouse droppings found on bread and moldy rolls, said Gary Sauda, the county's director of environmental health.

Morrow said the restaurant could reopen as early as tonight if the violations are corrected.

It is the second time in the past year that a restaurant at Carousel Center has closed because of health violations. A Chinese restaurant in the mall's food court, not far from Hooters, shut down after inspectors found evidence of mice, Morrow said. Those violations have since been corrected.

they should also be cited for serving horrible food...not sure why so many people eat there but they can somehow manage to screw up a cheeseburger

757826[/snapback]

Come on man, don't you know that no one goes to Hooters for the food. They go there for the ta ta's

Come on man, don't you know that no one goes to Hooters for the food. They go there for the ta ta's

757829[/snapback]

they should also be cited for such a poor selection of sweater puppies then

if you live in buffalo, there's no reason to hit up a hooters for food or mammaries

world's greatest strip joints are right across the border and there's no shortage of fantastic restaurants in WNY

meanwhile, in NH, there's no place to eat and the strip clubs are terrible (or so i'm told...unless you head to montreal)

they should also be cited for serving horrible food...not sure why so many people eat there but they can somehow manage to screw up a cheeseburger

757826[/snapback]

I can't believe you are railing on them for their cheeseburgers when they bread their wings everywhere outside of WNY and include the tip on the 2 boners even in WNY.

Wings are the easiest food in the world to do reasonably well. (You need skill and talent to perfect them, but it doesn't take a lot to do a good job.) Wings split at the joints boiled in peanut oil (can't find lard anymore :lol: ) until they sound right, drenched in Frank's/ butter. What could be easier?

Makes way too much sense.  Besides, you can't take the kids there.

758437[/snapback]

I thought it was so funny the first time I saw the waitress's pushing a kid around on a toy car in Hooters till I noticed their dad oggling her since she had to bend over to push the car around the place.

This whole thing stems from the fact that there are no cats in Solvay.  That's why there's such a large mouse problem.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're not from Syracuse.

:lol:

758452[/snapback]

State Fair is into it's last weekend. Attendence is down, I think because of the weather, it's rain most of the first 8 days.

State Fair is into it's last weekend. Attendence is down, I think because of the weather, it's rain most of the first 8 days.

758456[/snapback]

I'm sure there's still a line at the Dinosaur BBQ pit. I think my favorite fair activity was watching people sign up for credit cards with fake info so they could get the cooler/towel/tchotchke. They guy taking the info would then quiz them on what they put down. Quite a few fraudsters-in-training bearing sheepish grins would walk away, summarily thwarted. Good times.

I'm sure there's still a line at the Dinosaur BBQ pit.  I think my favorite fair activity was watching people sign up for credit cards with fake info so they could get the cooler/towel/tchotchke.  They guy taking the info would then quiz them on what they put down.  Quite a few fraudsters-in-training bearing sheepish grins would walk away, summarily thwarted.  Good times.

758547[/snapback]

I went with my brother one year, he was only 17 at the time. One booth I was signing up at a worker gave him a form also, so he filled it in truthfully. When he handed it back the worker looked at it, gave one of those "well who cares" looks and gave him the gift also.

I can't believe you are railing on them for their cheeseburgers when they bread their wings everywhere outside of WNY and include the tip on the 2 boners even in WNY.

Wings are the easiest food in the world to do reasonably well.  (You need skill and talent to perfect them, but it doesn't take a lot to do a good job.)  Wings split at the joints boiled in peanut oil (can't find lard anymore  :doh: ) until they sound right, drenched in Frank's/ butter.  What could be easier?

758332[/snapback]

I totally agree. Those "wings" are an abomination. The first time I went to a Hooters, I ordered the world famous "wings" and got what looked like amputated limbs from the child of Pumpkinhead. Disgusting...