Sad Sack Johnson cut by the Giants

TheMadCap

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the darkest moments of our franchise's history was acquiring him :devil:

754307[/snapback]

Johnson had all of the tools and talent. I wonder how good he could have been if we had an o-line to protect him.

Johnson had all of the tools and talent. I wonder how good he could have been if we had an o-line to protect him.

754319[/snapback]

I used to think it was just our O-Line...but honestly...not to re-open old wounds...but we did win games with Flutie back there. AND Johnson still got sacked an insane amount of times when he went to other teams with stronger O-Lines than ours.

Methinks Johnson just didnt have the brain for the game.

one of the darkest moments of our franchise's history was acquiring him :devil:

754307[/snapback]

There were darker days then when the bills acquired a young QB with upside to possibly be the future leader of the team.

If he was so bad, what can you say about Flutie? the guy couldn't even play good enough to make the coaches decission for them as to who should be the clear cut starter, and could't go on to start for anyone else afterwards

I used to think it was just our O-Line...but honestly...not to re-open old wounds...but we did win games with Flutie back there.  AND Johnson still got sacked an insane amount of times when he went to other teams with stronger O-Lines than ours.

754323[/snapback]

Johnson was/is a more fragile Bledsoe.

There were darker days then when the bills acquired a young QB with upside to possibly be the future leader of the team.

If he was so bad, what can you say about Flutie? the guy couldn't even play good enough to make the coaches decission for them as to who should be the clear cut starter, and could't go on to start for anyone else afterwards

754326[/snapback]

You have to love revisionist history....or simply historical retelling that fits a personal slant. The facts that came to light were that Ralphie wanted to see his investment play. And who can blame an old man for wanting to play with his Johnson, no one else would have. Once the Flutie led (?) Bills delivered a playoff birth, Ralph became the puppet master and Wade the puppet. The rest is lore. On top of that, after throrough interviewing....master head football coach Greg Williams chose Rob Johnson....another feather in the RJ cap.

You can tell me all the stories you want, but the last time the Bills were a team that was fun to watch, was winning consistently, and had some sort of respectability was when Flutie was QBing this team.

754319[/snapback]

Even when protected he could never get rid of the damn ball. Seriously, how many times did you yell at the TV.....THROW THE F***ING BALL ROB!!!!!!!!

Even when protected he could never get rid of the damn ball.  Seriously, how many times did you yell at the TV.....THROW THE F***ING BALL ROB!!!!!!!!

754478[/snapback]

Not only that, but the whole "when given time, he can really play" stuff is just worthless crap.

Gee. If you give an NFL quarterback time, he can complete passes? Really? Wow! Novel !@#$ing concept. Who came up with THAT incredible concept? It's bad enough to hear it from fans, but Paul McGuire made a career out of saying the same stupid thing over and over except he'd preface it with "Let me tell ya something..."

Even when protected he could never get rid of the damn ball.  Seriously, how many times did you yell at the TV.....THROW THE F***ING BALL ROB!!!!!!!!

754478[/snapback]

The best part was that after we ditched Rob, I still found myself out of force of habit screaming "THROW THE F***ING BALL ROB!" at the TV when Bledsoe used to plant himself back in the pocket.

I had been programmed to yell that sentence.

Still smoking the crack after all this time?

What tools? What talent?

754319[/snapback]

I used to think it was just our O-Line...but honestly...not to re-open old wounds...but we did win games with Flutie back there.  AND Johnson still got sacked an insane amount of times when he went to other teams with stronger O-Lines than ours.

754323[/snapback]

:P

In 1998 and 1999, it was proven fact that the D won games for us, not the offense. We were hardly in the top 10 with regard to that. Wade Phillips knows defense or did back then.

That's what you want to believe. If you want to look at it objectively, you will see that Flutie made timely plays that actually won games for the Bills -- winning scores in the fourth quarter, key first downs (on his legs), and managed to help Moulds get to the Pro Bowl.

But go ahead, you can treat him like he was Trent Dilfer on the Ravens, but it's far from the truth... and Flutie made the Pro Bowl for a reason -- he made plays.

In 1998 and 1999, it was proven fact that the D won games for us, not the offense.  We were hardly in the top 10 with regard to that.  Wade Phillips knows defense or did back then.

754660[/snapback]

In 1998 and 1999, it was proven fact that the D won games for us, not the offense.  We were hardly in the top 10 with regard to that.  Wade Phillips knows defense or did back then.

754660[/snapback]

So you're saying I could have suited up at QB and the Bills could have still won as many games with their Defense?

QB played a part. Not as big as some other seasons, but the QB always has SOME role in how well the team does.

Not turning this into a Flutie/Johnson debate by any means, but saying "Defense did it all" is just kind of goofy.

Especially when Flutie made the Pro Bowl and was good for 3000 yards and 20 TDs a season. Not Peyton Manning, but not just a caretaker either.

Not turning this into a Flutie/Johnson debate by any means, but saying "Defense did it all" is just kind of goofy.

754670[/snapback]

Johnson had all of the tools and talent.

754319[/snapback]

for a HS QB.

He had a 5 second brain in a 2 second game, couldn't take a hit, had no touch on the long ball and wasn't a leader.

9 wins. 18 million dollars. 2 mil per win. :P