Sad Sack Johnson cut by the Giants

TheMadCap

Easy there Mr. Flutie (or is this Dougs mom?) I think its time to let this rest

You had your chance elsewhere to be a starter, and it didn't work out for you

756118[/snapback]

Once again, I find I may be in the wrong thread - or maybe you are - I thought this one was about Johnson.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, I find I may be in the wrong thread - or maybe you are - I thought this one was about Johnson.

756133[/snapback]

And when you mention Johnson in a thread it always go back to Flutie and Johnson.

You've been around for a while here, I thought that was common knowledge, lol

Please see the part about incompetent and confused.

756095[/snapback]

I didn't take issue with that part. But (again) there are about 20 men in the world who don't look incompetent and confused taking snaps as NFL quarterbacks. That's hardly a reason to hate someone.

I didn't take issue with that part.  But (again) there are about 20 men in the world who don't look incompetent and confused taking snaps as NFL quarterbacks.  That's hardly a reason to hate someone.

756201[/snapback]

Ohmygosh - did I post anything about hating him? I just said he's a wuss and sux as a QB! I don't hate him. I don't hate anyone.

But what makes him a wuss? the guy was willing to stand in the pocket and keep taking sack after sack rather then running away and dumping the ball off. Now weither he sucks as a QB, well he had some skill and talent, but just didn't have the ability to be a great NFL QB. Not everyone who has the skills and talent do become successful (i.e. Ryan Leaf)

And come on, you don't hate anyone, there has to be someone in the world you hate. or is it just the word hate, like if we replaced it with something like strongly dislike you could give us a 20 page list of people

But what makes him a wuss? the guy was willing to stand in the pocket and keep taking sack after sack rather then running away and dumping the ball off.

756266[/snapback]

Now does that make him tough...or dumb?

What made him a "wuss" - and this is, of course, JMHO - was his tendency to succumb to little injuries that most 'tough' competitors would try to play through - like losing his starting job over a bruised rib that I'm pretty sure Jim Kelly would have had taped - and grimaced through the pain.

And ya don't have to enumerate the countless QBs that couldn't cut it - I know it's a long list.

And yeah - "hate" is a pretty strong word - and an emotion I try to eschew 'cause it's a waste of energy.

To answer your previous question on why Flutie didn't get a starting job elsewhere, after his stint in Buffalo -- the dude was nearing 40 years of age! At that age, QBs RARELY get starting jobs, no matter how good they are. Contending teams have established QBs and rebuilding teams have lots of $ invested in young QBs.

Take a look at Warren Moon towards the end of his career. He was better than some starters out there (Cade McNown, Rob Johnson, Ryan Leaf to name a few) but no team wants to invest in an old QB.

That doesn't take away from his time in Buffalo where he was solid and played a major role in winning games for us.

Easy there Mr. Flutie (or is this Dougs mom?) I think its time to let this rest

You had your chance elsewhere to be a starter, and it didn't work out for you

756118[/snapback]

To answer your previous question on why Flutie didn't get a starting job elsewhere, after his stint in Buffalo -- the dude was nearing 40 years of age!  At that age, QBs RARELY get starting jobs, no matter how good they are.  Contending teams have established QBs and rebuilding teams have lots of $ invested in young QBs.

Take a look at Warren Moon towards the end of his career.  He was better than some starters out there (Cade McNown, Rob Johnson, Ryan Leaf to name a few) but no team wants to invest in an old QB.

That doesn't take away from his time in Buffalo where he was solid and played a major role in winning games for us.

756303[/snapback]

So if no other team wanted a 40 year old QB to be the starter, Why should Buffalo? They had a young QB they wanted to build the team around too.

And not all contending teams have established QB's. The Ravens (for example) were a good team that only needed a solid starter to become serious contenders.

So if no other team wanted a 40 year old QB to be the starter, Why should Buffalo? They had a young QB they wanted to build the team around too.

756418[/snapback]

Yeah, but our young QB was a wuss. :D

(I'm talkin about Johnson...this is the Johnson thread...right?)

Oh totally agree with that.

But most people on this board trash Flutie while he WAS the qb here, which is completely retarded, given how well the offense did under his stewardship. I never advocated that they build around him... hell, go ahead and cut him and start over. But to have revisionist history and say that Flutie sucked is just plain asinine.

And not all contending teams have established QB's. The Ravens (for example) were a good team that only needed a solid starter to become serious contenders.

756418[/snapback]