CB - James Bethea

CB - Eric Bassey

DE - Josh Cooper

LB - John DiGiorgio

WR - Martin Nance

G- Aaron Gibson

RB - Fred Jackson

752833[/snapback]

We aren't cutting Aaron Gibson, i can tell you that much right now. Him or Peters may end up being our long term solution to LT. He has shown his value this summer and i don't expect him to be going anywhere except Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday's this fall.

I was anticipating that response. It baffles me as to why anyone thinks Gibson has done anything but to prove that he was a 1st round bust? He has played with the 3rd unit the entire pre-season and tallied a total of 8 minutes tonight. Both Geisinger and Preston are ahead of him and he hsn't played any tackle. Both of the message board heroes - Gibson and Nance - will be gone.

QB Losman - We all know he's a bust after 8 games. Time to cut ties and start fresh

QB Holcomb - Noodle arm needs to get cut, unless we can trade him for a 1st rounder

QB Nall - Already pulled a hammy in preseason, damaged goods

RB McGahee - He's going to actually want to get paid in a year. Maybe we can get another 3rd rounder for him

WR Evans - A pretty darn good WR. I kinda feel sorry for him being on this team. Let him go somewhere he can be successful

CB McGee - All the guy does is make plays and get our hopes up only to get our heart broken by the rest of the team.

P Mooreman - Sad when everyone gets excited over the punter. We should bring in a punter that doesn't overshadow his teammates lack of talent

LB Crowell - A TD draft pick, so he's gotta suck

S Whitner - Maybe then Mort will stop berating us

:blink: Take that with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila) :blink:

QB Losman - We all know he's a bust after 8 games.  Time to cut ties and start fresh

QB Holcomb - Noodle arm needs to get cut, unless we can trade him for a 1st rounder

RB McGahee - He's going to actually want to get paid in a year.  Maybe we can get another 3rd rounder for him

WR Evans - A pretty darn good WR.  I kinda feel sorry for him being on this team.  Let him go somewhere he can be successful

CB McGee - All the guy does is make plays and get our hopes up only to get our heart broken by the rest of the team. 

P Mooreman - Sad when everyone gets excited over the punter.  We should bring in a punter that doesn't overshadow his teammates lack of talent

:w00t: Take that with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila) :lol:

752894[/snapback]

:blink:

If that's the official TBD petition for cuts, then I, too, shall sign at the bottom. We got to let Marv know who really runs this team. :blink:

QB Losman - We all know he's a bust after 8 games.  Time to cut ties and start fresh

RB McGahee - He's going to actually want to get paid in a year.  Maybe we can get another 3rd rounder for him

WR Evans - A pretty darn good WR.  I kinda feel sorry for him being on this team.  Let him go somewhere he can be successful

P Mooreman - Sad when everyone gets excited over the punter.  We should bring in a punter that doesn't overshadow his teammates lack of talent

:blink: Take that with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila) :blink:

752894[/snapback]

Outstanding post. Might as well cut the whole damned team. If anything is important to me and should be to everyone is how this team does in the preseason. I want a 4-0 team and I want it now. I don't care about developing depth and making real game observations on rookies and free agents. I want wins and only wins prior to the "real" season as some like to call it. This team has alot of potential pre-season pro-bowlers as I like to call them, like Josh Reed, Sam Aiken, Joe Burns etc. etc. Every pre-season these guys get out there and tear sh_t up. Where's the rest of the team? HUH? Where are they!!!??!?!?!

All you rational people need to get off this board.

:w00t:

Outstanding post.  Might as well cut the whole damned team.  If anything is important to me and should be to everyone is how this team does in the preseason.  I want a 4-0 team and I want it now.  I don't care about developing depth and making real game observations on rookies and free agents.  I want wins and only wins prior to the "real" season as some like to call it.  This team has alot of potential pre-season pro-bowlers as I like to call them, like Josh Reed, Sam Aiken, Joe Burns etc. etc.  Every pre-season these guys get out there and tear sh_t up.  Where's the rest of the team?  HUH? Where are they!!!??!?!?!

All you rational people need to get off this board.

:blink:

752930[/snapback]

You know, cutting a whole team could be a good idea. Last year teams like the Saints and Texans were at about max against the salary cap. What did they get from that, a couple of wins? Can you imagine paying that in salaries for those results? Add the 49ers to that list. If I'm them I cut the whole darned team and start fresh. Get rid of the coaches and front office too. Go get some free agents and draft choices and start fresh. Maybe Donald Trump will buy the NY Jets and fire everybody.

Practice Squad's are 8 men right? And those 8 must meet certain restrictions I believe- like having been active 4 or fewer games the previous year? It's something like that. Is it customary to keep those that you wish to assign there until the last cut?

If this is the case, my prediction would be:

Practice Squad:

E. Bassey, CB

T. Pennington, OT

M. Nance, WR

J. Goldsberry, FB

J. Thomas, OG

A. Merz, C

F. Jackson, RB

One of those DEs

Cut to get down to 75:

J. Bethea, CB

R. Lee, CB

C. Denney, WR

J. Burns, RB

J. DiGiorgio, LB

N. Setta, K/P

One of those DEs

D. McFarland, OT

C. Wire, S

Wire, McFarland, and Burns are the big ones. McFarland has been given enough opportunities to progress. Wire doesn't fit the defensive scheme (you know, where a DB is actually required to cover someone), and Burns seems the odd man out- have plenty of larger backs, and Ricard is a real FB to back up/eventually replace Shelton.

Lose a little bit of special teams skill here, but other guys will step up.

Practice Squad:

E. Bassey, CB

T. Pennington, OT

M. Nance, WR

J. Goldsberry, FB

J. Thomas, OG

A. Merz, C

F. Jackson, RB

One of those DEs

753264[/snapback]

Hmm, actually I would replace one of these guys with Ellison. Probably Goldsberry.

CB Eric Basey

CB James Bethea

LB John DiGiorgio

LB Keith Ellison

DL Jason Hall

DL Ryan Neil

OL Jason Thomas

S  Coy Wire

CB Rob Lee

753261[/snapback]

I hope you're wrong about Neil.

I went to Rutgers with him, and was in one of his classes. Very nice and classy kid.

Also, I got to see him play every Saturday. Very high motor, never gives up on a play, and may be something special in a few years.