Is Marv Sick? Is the Ralph Being Phased Out?

The Dean

I just got my Daily Bills Buzz from One Bills Drive and THIS is the first sentence of said communique:

"This is your last chance to… meet Marv Levy and take a behind the scenes tour of Ralph Wilson Stadium"

YIKES! Does anyone have any more info about this?

No big deal just horrible grammar. What they are referring to is the Bills Backer weekend promotion. You can get a travel package(s), tickets and a tour and they are trying to say that the time to make reservations is running out.

751870[/snapback]

O

I just got my Daily Bills Buzz from One Bills Drive and THIS is the first sentence of said communique:

"This is your last chance to… meet Marv Levy and take a behind the scenes tour of Ralph Wilson Stadium"

YIKES!  Does anyone have any more info about this?

751865[/snapback]

ROFL! :w00t:

I think that the announcement was badly worded (it takes one to know one) but I do think that we will be sayin good bye to the Ralph in the not too distant future. It appears to me as though a post Labor Day feature in the gubernatorial campaign will be an effort to extort commitments from the candidates for governor to extort promises to spend tax dollars to support keeping the only football team which plays in NYS here.

This subsidy can be delivered in the form of an Upstate sports authority similar to that proposed and defeated downstate to float bonds at the far better rate that the government can get than the private sector to bottow cash to build a stadium.

By proposing to build a new stadium and keep the Bills here contractually for a long time the gubernatorial candidates will likely fall all over themselves to support such a move. The question of specifically where the stadium will be located (in Buffalo as part of a major investment to anchor rebuilding downtown, at its current location, or in the northtowns) will likely be finessed to gain support from all areas.

Even forces in downstate will likely support this as an opportunity for NYC stadium supporters to suceed in asking for theirs once upstate is given state dollars andNYC stadium opponents will likely not oppose an upstate investment counched in urban renewal language and will try to use the investment as an argumenet for NYS not to go further into debt after an upstate investment.

In any of these cases, the box currently known as the Ralph will be gone.

751865[/snapback]

Sadly, this makes me think of how Marv was actually hired. Do you think he war hired over some sort of lawn bowling or bocci ball game at the Ralph? It was like "C'mon Marv! Us old guys will show these young 5ucks how to run a ball team!!! One delerious senile old prick convincing another how awsome they still are.

Sadly, this makes me think of how Marv was actually hired. Do you think he war hired over some sort of lawn bowling or bocci ball game at the Ralph? It was like "C'mon Marv! Us old guys will show these young 5ucks how to run a ball team!!! One delerious senile old prick convincing another how awsome they still are.

752178[/snapback]

The sad thing is that while the old pricks were probably delerious if they thought they could do a good job running the team, they were probably right if what they said was that they could do a better job than the young whipper snappers who ran the team like TD and GW.

751865[/snapback]

"Hurry up!! Last Chance to Get 20% KMARTS clothing hangers!"

This does not mean that KMART is closing down. It means that the hangers will only be on sale for a limited time and maybe never again.

This is called non-literal reading. One reviews the text and the context of it. Based on this, they can judge and balance whether certain text is literal or figurtive.