Throwback / Alternate Uniform Dates

Last season somebody posted the link to an article they found that showed when the NFL Clubs who have either throwback or alternate uniforms, and which date and game they'd be wearing them in.

Does anybody have any information on this ? :doh:

I would think that someone out there at least would know at the very minimum when the BILLS will be wearing theirs . .

Cheers !

Last season somebody posted the link to an article they found that showed when the NFL Clubs who have either throwback or alternate uniforms, and which date and game they'd be wearing them in.

Does anybody have any information on this ?    :doh:

I would think that someone out there  at least would know at the very minimum when the BILLS will be wearing theirs . .

Cheers !

751365[/snapback]

I have heard on the radio when i was back in buffalo last week that the bills will be wearing them at home for the home opener and for the SD game. take it for what its worth.

I have heard on the radio when i was back in buffalo last week that the bills will be wearing them at home for the home opener and for the SD game. take it for what its worth.

751431[/snapback]

It dawned on me last night while watching sideline interviews during the Fish/Panther game that it would make a nice marketing move to, one year, make the annual sideline hats the throwback style. I know you can order throwback hats, but from a marketing standpoint, I think if all teams went with throwback sideline hats, it'd be pretty sweet.

I used to buy the sideline hat every year, but after a while they just started looking stupid.

This hat looks okay.

This one looks horrible.

I'd like to see Reebok or whomever do something better with this.

It dawned on me last night while watching sideline interviews during the Fish/Panther game that it would make a nice marketing move to, one year, make the annual sideline hats the throwback style. I know you can order throwback hats, but from a marketing standpoint, I think if all teams went with throwback sideline hats, it'd be pretty sweet.

I used to buy the sideline hat every year, but after a while they just started looking stupid.

This hat looks okay.

This one looks horrible.

751480[/snapback]

I kinda like This One

This hat looks okay.

This one looks horrible.

751480[/snapback]

yah wearing the sideline hats would be a decent idea, especially when we wear the throwbacks. Some of the sideline hats now are just ugly. That and the fact reebok makes about 14 different sideline hats per season. I have last years "2nd season" sideline hat, because i liked the style. Often times, at least in buffalo, you can find the best bills hats at wal-mart and target for a much cheaper price too.

ok, apparently the link doesnt want to link directly to my hat, so its the hat with this number: HAT NFL BILLS 05SL2S

Edited by Ramius

This hat looks okay.

This one looks horrible.

751480[/snapback]

Wow, that second one is butt-ugly. I knid of like the plainness of #3. Kind of a Penn State-like quality.

Yes. Jackets in seersucker fabric is ideal for the warm climate games.

751620[/snapback]

Agreed - I could be wrong, but I seem to remember the NFL actually fining the 49ers coach for wearing a suit (to honor his father and the tradition of the NFL) because it wasn't official NFL licensed gear. What a bunch of crap.

I have an idea...when the players wear throwbacks, make the coaches wear suits...bring some class back to the NFL (no more hoodies, Belicheck)

751580[/snapback]

They'd have to have a RBK logo stitched into the side.

Agreed - I could be wrong, but I seem to remember the NFL actually fining the 49ers coach for wearing a suit (to honor his father and the tradition of the NFL) because it wasn't official NFL licensed gear.  What a bunch of crap.

751645[/snapback]

Yes I remember that too...I am not sure if it ever came down to the coach being fired, only being informed that he would be...he was being interviewed, and alluded to the fact that he might wear a suit on the sidelines. I believe, also, that Dan Reeves was, essentially, made to conform to leauge dress codes. If you remember, Reeves used to wear a suit on the sidelines (ala his mentor Tom Landry), but as the leauge took on more and more corporate deals, that little slice of individuality was squeezed out too...it seems the image conscious league would prefer the American public see Wade Phillips chuncked out and dishevled, than dapper and dignified...it ain't just the players that are subject to silly dress codes....

Here's "official" word from the Buffalo News:

Tonight's preseason game will be the first of three appearances this year by the Bills in their throwback jerseys.

The Bills will sport their 1960s-era royal blue jerseys in their regular-season opener against the New York Jets on Sept. 24. They will wear them again at home against the San Diego Chargers on Dec. 3, according to the NFL.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060826/1023429.asp