Culpepper and the Dolfelons

dib

OK so I watched some of the Dolfelon game and quite frankly I'm not impressed .

The Dolfelon O line was a sieve, Culpepper over threw and underthrew. "Big Cat" or whatever the hell his nickname is, is a wad and has no lateral movement at all. This guy makes Ted and Sam seem like sprinters. It looks like if you dont get it quickly to McMichael it's not going to happen, and personally I think the only reason McMichael was open often was because someone in the coverage was clueless.

OK. First off, I must state that like any other Bills fan, I HATE the Dolphins. But Culpepper was 14-19 for 130 yds. That's like a 73% completion percentage. About the D. This is the Panthers. They only gave up 3 points against their 1st team defense that was out there in the first half. Couldn't have been but so much "clueless" activity going on.

I'm actually worried about how the Dolphins match up against the Bills this year. You saw how Chambers and some no name QB torched us last year didn't you? Well now they have a proven All Pro QB to lead their offense that not only can throw the ball, but can scramble when he needs to as well.

Their defense also completely shut down Carolina's running game in the first half. McGahee is going to have to be huge this season for us to win. So any team that consistently stops the run is going to cause us problems by putting all of the weight on JP's shoulders. I just hope he doesn't try to do too much and collapse whenever that happens.

All in all, I think this is another match-up for the Bills this year that has trouble written all over it. If our defense takes to this Tampa 2 scheme quickly and everyone plays their roles the way they're supposed to, then we cuold definitely win if our offense does their part. But the main question is how will our offense, or should I say JP, hold up when Willis is having one of those 18 carries for 55 yards type of games?

The Dolfelon O line was a sieve, Culpepper over threw and underthrew.  "Big Cat" or whatever the hell his nickname is, is a wad and has no lateral movement at all.  This guy makes Ted and Sam seem like sprinters.  It looks like if you dont get it quickly to McMichael it's not going to happen, and personally I think the only reason McMichael was open often was because someone in the coverage was clueless.

751344[/snapback]

love The AVATAR!!!!!!!!

OK. First off, I must state that like any other Bills fan, I HATE the Dolphins. But Culpepper was 14-19 for 130 yds. That's like a 73% completion percentage. About the D. This is the Panthers. They only gave up 3 points against their 1st team defense that was out there in the first half. Couldn't have been but so much "clueless" activity going on.

I'm actually worried about how the Dolphins match up against the Bills this year. You saw how Chambers and some no name QB torched us last year didn't you? Well now they have a proven All Pro QB to lead their offense that not only can throw the ball, but can scramble when he needs to as well.

Their defense also completely shut down Carolina's running game in the first half. McGahee is going to have to be huge this season for us to win. So any team that consistently stops the run is going to cause us problems by putting all of the weight on JP's shoulders. I just hope he doesn't try to do too much and collapse whenever that happens.

All in all, I think this is another match-up for the Bills this year that has trouble written all over it. If our defense takes to this Tampa 2 scheme quickly and everyone plays their roles the way they're supposed to, then we cuold definitely win if our offense does their part. But the main question is how will our offense, or should I say JP, hold up when Willis is having one of those 18 carries for 55 yards type of games?

751349[/snapback]

They looked pretty good to me last night. Culpepper gives them instant credibility at the QB spot. McMichael and Chambers are going to be a nightmare for people to handle this season.

The thing that is funny to me is how everyone is over-rating the Dolphins running game. Ronnie Brown and an unimpressive O-line will mean that they shouldn't dominate on the ground too much. However, Culpepper and their pass catching weapons will help offset that.

With that being said, the Dolphins will win the AFC East this season and lose their playoff game because the lack of a dominant running game. The Patriots reign in the AFC East ends this season, I just wish it was us instead of Miami.

OK. First off, I must state that like any other Bills fan, I HATE the Dolphins. But Culpepper was 14-19 for 130 yds. That's like a 73% completion percentage.

right- a 73% completion rating for a 9 yard per completion average.

OK. First off, I must state that like any other Bills fan, I HATE the Dolphins. But Culpepper was 14-19 for 130 yds. That's like a 73% completion percentage.

right- a 73% completion rating for a 9 yard per completion average.

Usually yards per attempt is the stat that they, and that was 6.8, with 3 points scored. Against a defense missing 2 of their best LB's.

The Dolfelon O line was a sieve, Culpepper over threw and underthrew.  "Big Cat" or whatever the hell his nickname is, is a wad and has no lateral movement at all.  This guy makes Ted and Sam seem like sprinters.  It looks like if you dont get it quickly to McMichael it's not going to happen, and personally I think the only reason McMichael was open often was because someone in the coverage was clueless.

751344[/snapback]

Did you forget the :doh: , or are you serious?

I came away pretty impressed, all things considered. I've given Culpepper plenty of schitt over the years, especially for his loose handling of the ball and his propensity to fumble. But he has some decent receivers on this team, and for the first time in a long time we will face a Dolphin's team who has a very, very strong-armed quarterback. He hit Chambers last night on a beautiful strike while he was rolling out backpeddling.

If anything will be of interest, it will be their defensive line with folks like Trayler and Wilkinson. Beef and age: two things that can wear them down during the game if they are made to chase people from sideline to sideline, especially in the latter part of the season. They will need a lot of rotations.

Still, I was actually very impressed with Harrington. He threw some beautiful passes to the starting receivers and if Culpepper DOES have some problems initially, I can imagine a lot of people will call for a switch.

As I would never say anything positive about the Dolfags, I am incline to disagree with Dibs because Culpepper had a good game. I am not sure how long he was left out there but he put up some good numbers. Theyre defense looks pretty good also. As some one else posted I too believe they will take the east this year. But hopefully we take 2 wins from them. Who knows we could go 12-4 and win the division :doh:

As I would never say anything positive about the Dolfags, I am incline to disagree with Dibs because Culpepper had a good game.  I am not sure how long he was left out there but he put up some good numbers. Theyre defense looks pretty good also. As some one else posted I too believe they will take the east this year. But hopefully we take 2 wins from them. Who knows we could go 12-4 and win the division :doh:

751387[/snapback]

He played the entire first half and essentially put no points on the board. To be honest, they could not run the ball to save their lives. In fact, neither team could really run well in the first half. DeAngelo Williams took a kick return for 6 (damn, that dude is fast), but by the end of the half, while the Dolphins were down 13-3, the yardage for each team was terribly skewed in favor of Miami (Culpepper threw 13-19 for 140 yards in the first half and DelHomme threw 6-15 for 58 yards through three quarters.)

Still, they had three points to show for it.

Here's a tip for anyone playing Miami this year: on 3rd and less than a yard, when Miami goes four wide...please remember to plug the gaping hole in the middle of the field.

751344[/snapback]

Would it be wrong of me to let you know that I love your Ta Tas?

They looked pretty good to me last night.  Culpepper gives them instant credibility at the QB spot.  McMichael and Chambers are going to be a nightmare for people to handle this season.

The thing that is funny to me is how everyone is over-rating the Dolphins running game.  Ronnie Brown and an unimpressive O-line will mean that they shouldn't dominate on the ground too much.  However, Culpepper and their pass catching weapons will help offset that.

With that being said, the Dolphins will win the AFC East this season and lose their playoff game because the lack of a dominant running game.  The Patriots reign in the AFC East ends this season, I just wish it was us instead of Miami.

751352[/snapback]

Meathead never figured out how to use his TE in his offense both in Pittsburgh

and in Buffalo....I hope he continues that trend....It is bizzarre considering he

himself was a TE in this league.

This is preseason guys, Ronnie Brown is not going to show his moves.....

I think the Dolphins D is going to be more suspect than what people are crediting it...Age will catch up on its front seven, where injuries are likely to take a toll.

Also, they have replaced their secondary with newer players.....

If we can get through the first 9 games of the season healthy, we might make

some noise in Nov/December with 5 home games...

If we can get through the first 9 games of the season healthy, we might make

some noise in Nov/December with 5 home games...

751417[/snapback]

I think that is a very true statement also. If we could come out 5-4, I think we'll make the playoffs.

I think that is a very true statement also. If we could come out 5-4, I think we'll make the playoffs.

751420[/snapback]

The key is "remaining healthy"....I am still not sold on the OL depth behind our starters....I think we are very thin there.