“Survivor”

erynthered

Its about money, he couldn't see that. Its still a race issue, if you cant see that, you're an idiot too. 0:)

750490[/snapback]

Yes, it's about not having the same game every year and boring people, I never denied that. What I'm saying is that it's not a case of playing the "race card" in order to gain viewers as you're implying.

But since you're incapable of actually debating anything without calling people names, I'll go elsewhere until someone with a bit more civility can come and discuss. :devil:

CW

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about money, he couldn't see that. Its still a race issue, if you cant see that, you're an idiot too. :devil:

750490[/snapback]

You're both right about that too! Yes, it's a race issue, just like before it was an age issue, gender issue, etc, etc.....So some people may qualify for the show this year because they happen to be black, or hispanic, or asian.....so? In seasons past maybe someone made the cut becasue they were a certain age, gender, sexual orientation, etc. I think that's what fezmid is saying, that it's not REALLY any different than other seasons, it's just perhaps a bit more controversial to divide among racial lines.

You're both right about that too! Yes, it's a race issue, just like before it was an age issue, gender issue, etc, etc.....So some people may qualify for the show this year because they happen to be black, or hispanic, or asian.....so? In seasons past maybe someone made the cut becasue they were a certain age, gender, sexual orientation, etc.  I think that's what fezmid is saying, that it's not REALLY any different than other seasons, it's just perhaps a bit more controversial to divide among racial lines.

750493[/snapback]

Because they happen to be black??? :devil:

Shiitfire mother fcker, you guys are killing me......... 0:)

Because they happen to be black???  :devil:

Shiitfire mother fcker, you guys are killing me......... 0:)

750494[/snapback]

Yes, because one of the teams is composed of BLACK folks, lol. Just like there is a team of asians and hispanics!

Is there something wrong with being black??? lol

But since you're incapable of actually debating anything without calling people names, I'll go elsewhere until someone with a bit more civility can come and discuss.  :devil:

CW

750491[/snapback]

kitty :D

I'll debate it, but when I think someone is an idiot, I'll call them on it. I didn't know this was the sensitive board.

Lets try for the THIRD !@#$ING TIME!! 0:)

Would MLK or Bill Cosby like this type of Type casting???????

No, not at all. I suppose I'm wondering about the PC crowd. Think outside the box here Nurse Ratchet.

Do I need to paint a picture?

750499[/snapback]

I think that this is the year 2006....not 1960....I don't see any problem with competition among racial lines if it's done with respect for one another and in a fair manner. I think this is the exact sort of thing we SHOULD be able to do nowadays w/out getting all caught up in the "oooohs and ahhhhs" of the fact that there is a racial element involved. So yes, in that sense I think MLK would consider it a triumph....as would one Mr. Bill Cosby.

I think that this is the year 2006....not 1960....I don't see any problem with competition among racial lines if it's done with respect for one another and in a fair manner. I think this is the exact sort of thing we SHOULD be able to do nowadays w/out getting all caught up in the "oooohs and ahhhhs" of the fact that there is a racial element involved. So yes, in that sense I think MLK would consider it a triumph....as would one Mr. Bill Cosby.

750503[/snapback]

My problem with it is reinforces races being different. I know it sounds lame but to be honest I think the only way to end racisim is to stop focus on differences and instead embody that we are one race, the human race which I believe is what MLK tried to say back in 1960.

750503[/snapback]

You make great points, and that's my point. Its not about the rational people thinking clearly. Its about the fringe, I hope you under stand that Mizz Cindy Sheahannnnnnnnn.......

There will be people who will take offence to this type of casting, if you think there wont be , you're an idiot, just like fezmid. And I mean that with the utmost respect, Mr. Idiot. :D

And you think that MLK and BC would find this kind of thing uplifting and rewarding for the people of color?!!! Too funny. Idiot!

"ITS A TRIMPH FOR THE BLACK PEOPLE OF AMERICA TO FINALLY GO HEAD TO HEAD, FACE TO FACE WITH THE WHITE MAN ON A TV REALITY SHOW CALLED SURVIOUR"

Yup, I think that's just what they'd say.......... :lol:

My problem with it is reinforces races being different. I know it sounds lame but to be honest I think the only way to end racisim is to stop focus on differences and instead embody that we are one race, the human race which I believe is what MLK tried to say back in 1960.

750506[/snapback]

Absolutely.

Yes, it's about not having the same game every year and boring people, I never denied that.  What I'm saying is that it's not a case of playing the "race card" in order to gain viewers as you're implying.

But since you're incapable of actually debating anything without calling people names, I'll go elsewhere until someone with a bit more civility can come and discuss.  :lol:

CW

750491[/snapback]

Produced by KurtGoebbels77?

750506[/snapback]

I hear what you're saying, I just think we've come a lot further in 40 years than people give it credit for. I dunno, maybe it's cause I work with a very diverse group of people on a daily basis and really enjoy it. Maybe I am too naive to see how this program is nothing but a powder keg....all I know is that I believe it can be pulled off in the spirit of competition w/out being some sort of inflammatory, controversial non-PC extravaganza.

I don't watch Survivor anyway, lol

Would Martin Luther King like this?

750467[/snapback]

Of course he would cuz they're gonna kick the crap outta whitey.

As the Web site Reality Blurred notes, 13 of the show’s contestants are California residents.
Okay...so the Hispanic team is in the house.

Jesus Christ. We spend every waking hour hearing about how we can't judge people based on race, and this show decides to separate the races?

Glad I don't follow this trash.

I don't see how this airs for more than one episode, if it doesn't get pulled. Why do people always have to drag the muck up from the bottom?

Well, if it's anything like previous seasons, it probably will only last one or two episodes before they start merging the groups together. Yet another reason why it's a non-issue.