“Survivor”

erynthered

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont watch the show, never have, and I dont know if this has been posted. Just thought I'd pass this along........

Anything for ratings

750338[/snapback]

I wouldn't say they're doing it f or ratings necessarily (at least not in a negative way). They're just looking for minor little twists to keep the show slightly different than previous seasons. Nothing wrong with that.

I wouldn't say they're doing it f or ratings necessarily (at least not in a negative way).  They're just looking for minor little twists to keep the show slightly different than previous seasons.  Nothing wrong with that.

750358[/snapback]

the interesting thing is that they had to recruit a lot of minorities for this version. For every other survivor, the make-up was 2-3 blacks, a spattering of other minorities, and then 10-12 whites. Should make things interesing to say the least. Wait until the merge tho when the white tribe gangs up to vote out a black/hispanic. (most tribes stay together and vote out the other tribe after the merge anyway) Jesse will be all over that stojan.

I wouldn't say they're doing it f or ratings necessarily (at least not in a negative way).  They're just looking for minor little twists to keep the show slightly different than previous seasons.  Nothing wrong with that.

750358[/snapback]

What?? That's the only reason television shows do anything. It's all ratings driven.

What??  That's the only reason television shows do anything.  It's all ratings driven.

750365[/snapback]

And ratings mean money. Hell, they don't want to make any money. They just came up with this idea, because they thought it would be super neato cool.

:devil:

And ratings mean money. Hell, they don't want to make any money. They just came up with this idea, because they thought it would be super neato cool.

:devil:

750381[/snapback]

When you say, "Anything for ratings," you put a negative spin on it, implying that it's a lame attempt to grab viewers. Survivor doesn't need to do anything like this to gain viewers - they're already one of the highest rated reality shows (any show?) on TV. So while they're doing it to stay fresh, they're not doing it to try and stay afloat.

When you say, "Anything for ratings," you put a negative spin on it, implying that it's a lame attempt to grab viewers.  Survivor doesn't need to do anything like this to gain viewers - they're already one of the highest rated reality shows (any show?) on TV.  So while they're doing it to stay fresh, they're not doing it to try and stay afloat.

750408[/snapback]

Man you're naive. It's all about the eyes. The more they get, the more money they get. That's it, end of story. It really is that simple. We didn't say anything about staying afloat. It's all about market share $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

When you say, "Anything for ratings," you put a negative spin on it, implying that it's a lame attempt to grab viewers.  Survivor doesn't need to do anything like this to gain viewers - they're already one of the highest rated reality shows (any show?) on TV.  So while they're doing it to stay fresh, they're not doing it to try and stay afloat.

750408[/snapback]

You must be a "negative" person then. Why couldn't it have been misconstrued ( as you did) in the opposite direction from your negative direction, Mr. Spinstupid? :devil:

Bottom line, you're an idiot. They do it for the money.

You must be a "negative" person then. Why couldn't it have been misconstrued ( as you did)  in the opposite direction from your negative direction, Mr. Spinstupid? :devil:

750423[/snapback]

Well if it makes you feel better to berate people on a message board, knock yourself out. 0:) Must be compensating for something. :D

Well if it makes you feel better to berate people on a message board, knock yourself out.  :devil:  Must be compensating for something.  0:)

750432[/snapback]

Not at all. You bring alot to this board. I enjoy most of your posts. But to read into my posts as something more than what the true content was, made you look like an idiot, sorry. It did. :D

Take it and move on, its only a message board. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

Idiot!! :D

Peace :D

You must be a "negative" person then. Why couldn't it have been misconstrued ( as you did)  in the opposite direction from your negative direction, Mr. Spinstupid? :devil:

750423[/snapback]

Don't say that about Fezmid! 0:)

Since some of you are offended, that I called Fezmid, an idiot. I'd like to ask a question. Where is the outrage over "Black Teams" or "White Teams" shouldn't your angst be at the shows producers? Its an obviously ratings gimmick to increase the shows ratings, coupled with " well, we're going to mix the teams later"

Shouldn't that be the discussion, rather than:

I wouldn't say they're doing it f or ratings necessarily (at least not in a negative way). They're just looking for minor little twists to keep the show slightly different than previous seasons. Nothing wrong with that.

Where are the Race card crusaders here? This post misses the mark by a mile.

Would Martin Luther King like this? Maybe he'd like to be a contestant? (if he were alive)

That's why I called Fezmid an idiot. Where is the backlash on this.

Tell me where in society today, can you get away with what they're going to do? Please, without any repercussions. Fezmid, you disappointment me......

That's why I called Fezmid an idiot. Where is the backlash on this.

Tell me where in society today, can you get away with what they're going to do? Please, without any repercussions. Fezmid, you disappointment me......

750467[/snapback]

You're being serious, not sarcastic...? :devil:0:)

They did something similar a few years back where they had men vs women, and old people vs young people. This isn't erally any different.

I've now seen the commercial that confirms this. The commercial trumpets "We are stripping away civilization." Seems more like they're reinforcing the boundaries that are put up by society. I'll give it a chance because I haven't seen it yet, but I must say that I find the whole thing to be distasteful. If you wanted to do a true racial experiment how about putting representatives from each race on each tribe. I'd rather see everyone learning how to work as a team instead of seeing the same of tired racial divides.

You're being serious, not sarcastic...?  :devil:  0:)

They did something similar a few years back where they had men vs women, and old people vs young people.  This isn't erally any different.

750470[/snapback]

Color is different, don't you think? Let me ask you another question. Is age discrimination as strongly opposed as racial discrimination? Your points are senseless. Color is different.

Again, would MLK like this? Or Bill Cosby, for that matter?

I've got lots of quotes, with regard to color Fezmid. Its relative. You defending this is really quite funny. You sure you want to go down this road, young man?

Color is different, don't you think? Let me ask you another question. Is age discrimination as strongly opposed as racial discrimination? Your points are senseless. Color is different.

Again, would MLK like this? Or Bill Cosby, for that matter?

I've got lots of quotes, with regard to color Fezmid. Its relative. You defending this is really quite funny. You sure you want to go down this road, young man?

750472[/snapback]

Color is only different in those who want to make it different. This is a GAME that people are VOLUNTARILY joining. This isn't racial profiling or discrimination, nor is it a social experiment. They're not doing anything gimicky to simply gain ratings (they've started the game in all sorts of ways, this is just another one of the ways they decided to start grouping). It's a GAME.

As long as people want to say, "Look, racism!" then we'll never stop looking at race and seeing people as people. For example, Sony published these ads overseas:

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/top/so...cist-185202.php

From what I've read, people in the country where the ads were intended for didn't have a problem with it. But when people in the US saw them, woah! It's OBVIOUSLY racism, bad Sony!!! :devil:

So call me "young man," but that's just because you're stuck in your old ways and thoughts.

CW

EDIT: Who would've thought that a Survivor thread could potentially be moved to PPP... :D0:)

I thnk you're ALL idiots cause you're all saying the same damn thing and don't realize it, 0:)

Fezmid is absolutely correct that they are in a position to change up the show in a way they have not yet tried, and yes, the reason WHY they try to keep it fresh is so that people keep tuning in after however many seasons the show has been on. And what happens when viewership remains strong or increases? Ad rates stay strong or increase, which yields greater revenue.

You're all saying the same thing!

Dumbasses....... :devil:

Color is only different in those who want to make it different. 

:

750479[/snapback]

And that says a lot. And who generally makes that call Fezmid? Again, you didn't answer the questions. :D

Please tell me Fezmid, as a Black man how do you feel about this new concept for survivor, or any other TV series? This is OK for you? Please tell me Fezmid how you feel to be only qualified for this show because you're black?

Again, you're an idiot. :devil:

Keep diggin, this is fun......... 0:)

I thnk you're ALL idiots cause you're all saying the same damn thing and don't realize it,  0:)

Fezmid is absolutely correct that they are in a position to change up the show in a way they have not yet tried, and yes, the reason WHY they try to keep it fresh is so that people keep tuning in after however many seasons the show has been on. And what happens when viewership remains strong or increases? Ad rates stay strong or increase, which yields greater revenue.

You're all saying the same thing! 

Dumbasses....... :devil:

750487[/snapback]

Its about money, he couldn't see that. Its still a race issue, if you cant see that, you're an idiot too. :D