ESPN fantasy Draft Special

They really hate the bills on that network.

749664[/snapback]

Or they just don't think that the Bills offense is going to put up a lot of points. Of course that doesn't play into the conspiracy theory.

I could care less about ESPN showing a fantasy draft. In my opinion, the idea is just plain lame, waste an hour-and-a-half to show 8 analyist do a fantasy draft. I see no benefit from watching because there is already 793 tons of fantasy football information available if you are into that, and I think FF is fine.

The only thing dumber was ESPN, prior to training camp, predicting who will be playing in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Please, how many experts picked Pittsburgh/Seattle in July 2005? Who picked Chicago to win their division? The NFL is almost unpredictable and segments like that are a complete waste of time. The time could have been better spent focusing on specific team and analyzing everyones strengths and weaknesses. But ESPN can't do that, they have to have another segment on TO and all of his crap. Wouldn't it be funny if he broke his leg in game #1?

Willis wasent drafted till the 7th round.  After some teams back up running backs.

Draft Results

749664[/snapback]

A couple of things...most of the people in this draft have no idea about fantasy football as evidenced by Mort drafting Reggie Bush that high. Also, it is an 8 team draft. McGahee was somewhere around the 20th RB selected. That is probably somewhat lower than when he will be selected, but based on his play last year and the continued uncertainty on the OL, he is around the 12-15th best "fantasy" RB.

I could care less about ESPN showing a fantasy draft.  In my opinion, the idea is just plain lame, waste an hour-and-a-half to show 8 analyist  do a fantasy draft.  I see no benefit from watching because there is already 793 tons of fantasy football information available if you are into that, and I think FF is fine.

The only thing dumber was ESPN, prior to training camp, predicting who will be playing in the playoffs and Super Bowl.  Please, how many experts picked Pittsburgh/Seattle in July 2005?  Who picked Chicago to win their division?  The NFL is almost unpredictable and segments like that are a complete waste of time.  The time could have been better spent focusing on specific team and analyzing everyones strengths and weaknesses.  But ESPN can't do that, they have to have another segment on TO and all of his crap.  Wouldn't it be funny if he broke his leg in game #1?

749829[/snapback]

I agree 100%. These so called analysts pick the fav and as soon as they lose they waiver to the next best thing. I dont think there is one anaylst that really brings some real football interest to the table.

Willis is a top 10 running back in any FF league.

749868[/snapback]

Based on what? His 61 yd "preseason" TD? This offensive line is still a piece of crap until I see otherwise.

Off the top of my head, I'd take the following before WM from a "fantasy" perspective in a league where you get 1 point for every catch...

Tomlinson

L. Johnson

Barber

Cadillac

R. Johnson

Portis

S. Jackson

Jordan

James

Alexander

Davis

Westbrook

Based on what?  His 61 yd "preseason" TD?  This offensive line is still a piece of

Tomlinson

L. Johnson

Barber

Cadillac - maybe

R. Johnson - maybe

Portis - Wrong (not now at least)

S. Jackson

Jordan - Wrong

James

Alexander

Davis -Wrong

Westbrook - Wrong

749879[/snapback]

are you thinking with your wrong head again? :lol::devil:

Based on what?  His 61 yd "preseason" TD?  This offensive line is still a piece of crap until I see otherwise.

Off the top of my head, I'd take the following before WM from a "fantasy" perspective in a league where you get 1 point for every catch...

Tomlinson

L. Johnson

Barber

Cadillac

R. Johnson

Portis

S. Jackson

Jordan

James

Alexander

Davis

Westbrook

749879[/snapback]

Personally I always try to take RBs who are the focal point of their offense. Rudy, Dominic & Westbrook all split time in the backfield. Portis is not going to be the same after the injury this year (didn't they just trade for TJ Duckett?). Cadillac, Jackson, James, Jordan, Barber & Mcgahee are all in the same 2nd tier of solid RBs IMHO. Tomlinson, Alexander and LJ are in a class all their own in the 1st tier.

Based on what?  His 61 yd "preseason" TD?  This offensive line is still a piece of crap until I see otherwise.

749879[/snapback]

If you chose the OL as the concern, then James, Davis, and Jordan might have the same issues....All those teams have question marks about their OL.

are you thinking with your wrong head again?  0:)  :devil:

749888[/snapback]

Once again, I should rank WM higher based on what? He is coming off a crappy season and the OL doesn't look a whole lot better than it did last year. The Bills are going to be losing more than they are winning which means they will be throwing a lot and abandoning the run in the 2nd half. You can fall in love with Buffalo Bills and draft them higher because of it, I won't.

Personally I always try to take RBs who are the focal point of their offense. Rudy,  Dominic & Westbrook all split time in the backfield. Portis is not going to be the same after the injury this year (didn't they just trade for TJ Duckett?). Cadillac, Jackson, James, Jordan, Barber & Mcgahee are all in the same 2nd tier of solid RBs IMHO. Tomlinson, Alexander and LJ are in a class all their own in the 1st tier.

749904[/snapback]

Who is Rudi Johnson splitting time with? :devil:

Who is Rudi Johnson splitting time with?  :devil:

750060[/snapback]

Rudi always comes out on third down in favor of Chris Perry (first round pick in 2004) or Kenny Watson. If Rudi had hands, he would be an elite back.

Rudi always comes out on third down in favor of Chris Perry (first round pick in 2004) or Kenny Watson. If Rudi had hands, he would be an elite back.

750070[/snapback]

1450+ yards and 12 TD's each of the last two seasons for Rudi. I don't care if he comes out on every 3rd down, those are awesome fantasy numbers.

Willis wasent drafted till the 7th round.  After some teams back up running backs.

Draft Results

749664[/snapback]

Shocking...another 'ESPN hates the Bills' thread. The guy scored 5 touchdowns last season and his longest run was 27 yards.

You tell me where he should be picked.

I'm not in love with ESPN by any means, but this goes for any national sports news outlet. They have no reason to respect or talk about the Bills because they are coming off a succession of brutal seasons.

Think back to the 90s. How many times were teams like the Bengals, Rams, Falcons (and yes even pre-Bledsoe Pats) featured on ESPN?? Teams like Buffalo and San Fran were on ESPN every other second. Things are different now.

Wins + megastars = national respect and exposure. This team has missed the playoffs six years in a row. What are you not grasping? It has nothing to do with the city or the team, it has to do with the fact that outside of us as a fan base there aint a whole lot of people who care about the Bills.

Besides who really cares when Jaworski or Mortensen or whoever it was took Willis??