The New Bills Regime

Casey D

What a great thread! There has been alot of accurate insights also. What also helps this administration is the fact that most of them are one of us. They TRULY have our best interests at heart. Intentions and character can't be measured in a stat line but I think that we will all see and enjoy, hopefully in the very near future, the benefits of these aspects of our personnel.

749150[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about? :devil:

"best interests"?

The Bills are a business. They don't care about "our best Interests". They care about the bottom line. They care about our wallets.

And who in the administration is "one of us"? It's not Ralph, Marv or Modrak. They don't live in WNY.

It's onething to have a positive attitude towards the Bills. It's another to create some candy coated utopia where Marv craps gumdrops and lollipops while keeping close watch of our "best Interests".

It's time to wake up. The team that has your "best Interests" insults you everyday when they wheel out Marv (the faux-GM) to tell you jokes and make you feel better by reminding you of 1990 and keeping your mind off the problem at hand, the 2006 Buffalo Bills.

I can't wait until I read the posts when the Bills are 0-4 in the regular season and finding out how they are the best 0-4 team in NFL history and what a great job Marv has done :lol:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you talking about? :devil:

"best interests"?

The Bills are a business. They don't care about "our best Interests". They care about the bottom line. They care about our wallets.

And who in the administration is "one of us"? It's not Ralph, Marv or Modrak. They don't live in WNY.

It's onething to have a positive attitude towards the Bills. It's another to create some candy coated utopia where Marv craps gumdrops and lollipops while keeping close watch of our "best Interests". 

It's time to wake up. The team that has your "best Interests" insults you everyday when they wheel out Marv (the faux-GM) to tell you jokes and make you feel better by reminding you of 1990 and keeping your mind off the problem at hand, the 2006 Buffalo Bills.

I can't wait until I read the posts when the Bills are 0-4 in the regular season and finding out how they are the best 0-4 team in NFL history and what a great job Marv has done :lol:

749660[/snapback]

Ummm... Ralph has had an opportunity to move the Bills out of Buffalo for greener pastures pretty much every day in the last 46 years. Including enormous paydays over the last several years, like in the hundreds of millions variety.

Ummm... Ralph has had an opportunity to move the Bills out of Buffalo for greener pastures pretty much every day in the last 46 years. Including enormous paydays over the last several years, like in the hundreds of millions variety.

749670[/snapback]

Really? Are you sure of that?

And what enormous paydays? Or are you just assuming that there are a dozen cities out there ready to fork over a 1/2 billion dollars to move the Bills?

Ralph makes money hand over fist. And when he wants more the county and state give him more. So this idea that Ralph is a kind old man keeping the Bills here because he has a soft heart is crap. If the Bills ever lost one dollar you would see things change big time. Ralph is smart and pennywise. He knew that the Bills would suck this season so threw out a bone named Levy and some fans ate it up.

Take a close look. The 2006 Bills look a lot like the 2005 Bills. No QB, though many were available (and the Bills pick up Nall :lol: ). There were many quality lineman out there and the Bills pick up retreads. The Wideouts are even worse then they were last year. Then they address the D-line by picking up a player who was benched last year because he sucked and drafting a rookie in the first round who wasn't even the best, or second best, lineman on his college team. I understand that none of that matters because Marv is here :devil:

Really? Are you sure of that?

And what enormous paydays? Or are you just assuming that there are a dozen cities out there ready to fork over a 1/2 billion dollars to move the Bills?

Ralph makes money hand over fist. And when he wants more the county and state give him more. So this idea that Ralph is a kind old man keeping the Bills here because he has a soft heart is crap. If the Bills ever lost one dollar you would see things change big time. Ralph is smart and pennywise. He knew that the Bills would suck this season so threw out  a bone named Levy and some fans ate it up.

Take a close look. The 2006 Bills look a lot like the 2005 Bills. No QB, though many were available (and the Bills pick up Nall :lol: ). There were many quality lineman out there and the Bills pick up retreads. The Wideouts are even worse then they were last year. Then they address the D-line by picking up a player who was benched last year because he sucked and drafting a rookie in the first round who wasn't even the best, or second best, lineman on his college team.  I understand that none of that matters because Marv is here :devil:

749738[/snapback]

We're not talking about the quality of the team. Ralph could sell the Bills tomorrow and rake in 700-800 million dollars, and that is not a joke. He has had numerous opportunites to just keep the team and move it and cities would have bent over backwards to have an NFL team there. He could have moved the team in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and now. There is never a shortage of rich bastards that will pony up hundreds of millions (or groups of rich bastards) and there is no shortage of cities who will lay out the red carpet for an NFL team. You saw what happened in LA, Baltimore, Nashville, Carolina, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Houston, and on and on. Ralph could have made a killing in other cities but he kept the team in Buffalo even though he had no true connection to it. It's irrefutable that it isn't and wasn't only about money.

I don't think Ralph or Marv is purely in it for the money. You can't take it with you! Ralph and Marv both really do care about the Bills, and if you think that is sugar coating it, I think you misread their actual personalities.

Caring about the Bills isn't as important as doing a really good job, but there are people like Marv or Tommy Lasorda who really do care deeply about the team they work(ed) for.

It isn't necessarily the most important thing, but after dispising TD for a while I find Marv very refreshing. TD did make some very good moves leaving marv some good pieces, but his tenure as a whole was a failure no matter how you look at it.

Being one of us doesn't necessarily mean geographically but from a morale aspect. Why do YOU think Marv wanted and accepted this job? Was it for the money or for his ego? There is a sense of pride, loyalty and dedication that SOME people have when they go to work. Matter of fact it's not a job or work for them, it's a passion. I believe this to be true for Marv and others on this administration.

At one time this country was built on qualities like the above but now it's only about the almighty dollar. It's too bad that what you speak of is more reality than perception but what I'm talking about, believe it or not, still exists. Sadly it's a minimus percentage.

Being one of us doesn't necessarily mean geographically but from a morale aspect. Why do YOU think Marv wanted and accepted this job? Was it for the money or for his ego? There is a sense of pride, loyalty and dedication that SOME people have when they go to work. Matter of fact it's not a job or work for them, it's a passion. I believe this to be true for Marv and others on this administration.

At one time this country was built on qualities like the above but now it's only about the almighty dollar. It's too bad that what you speak of is more reality than perception but what I'm talking about, believe it or not, still exists. Sadly it's a minimus percentage.

749800[/snapback]

EGO :devil: And he took this job because it was the only offer he had. If he had had "passion" or pride he wouldn't allow himself to be used as a figure head. He's the only GM in the NFL that doesn't run his draft, negotiate contracts or sign free agents. How much passion does it take to step up to a podium to tell jokes. :D

We're not talking about the quality of the team. Ralph could sell the Bills tomorrow and rake in 700-800 million dollars, and that is not a joke.

It's not a joke and it's also not true. If Ralph were to sell the team he wouldn't see anywhere close to that amount. He would lose a huge chunk to taxes. That aside, exactly how many buyers are there who are ready to write a check tomorrow. You're talking about a billion dollars here. There just not that many billionaires willing to buy NFL franchises. :lol:

Wrong. There just aren't many billionaires willing to buy NFL franchises and keep them in a depressed economy, especially with a garbage CBA forcing them to basically accept charity from the rest of the league (because if they were to jack-up gameday prices to even just the NFL average, it would drive many fans away).

Do you really think that Marv has NO input on any of the above? Jauron was hired BECAUSE of Marv, even though it was against Ralph's better judgement. Marv assembled this staff because he can implement the complexion of the organization. As far as negoiating the contracts, Ralph always looked to his accountant first, ever since the Polian era ended. Matter of fact, that's how and why Polian did get the boot.

If Ralph is in it for the money, then anyone who thinks that selling the team isn't fiancially beneficial to him is out of their minds, I don't care how much is paid in taxes.

There are people all over this country that would buy the Bills with the intention of moving the team. They might lose money for a few years,but would make it up in incentives from cities looking to move a team (i.e. LA or San Antonio). Marv and Ralph have remained committed to the WNY region, and to WINNING the ole fashion way. We can debate if their 1990's mentality of high character guys plays out in 2006, but Joe Gibbs thinks his 1990's thinking could work in Washington!

Do you really think that Marv has NO input on any of the above? Jauron was hired BECAUSE of Marv, even though it was against Ralph's better judgement. Marv assembled this staff because he can implement the complexion of the organization. As far as negoiating the contracts, Ralph always looked to his accountant first, ever since the Polian era ended. Matter of fact, that's how and why Polian did get the boot.

If Ralph is in it for the money, then anyone who thinks that selling the team isn't fiancially beneficial to him is out of their minds, I don't care how much is paid in taxes.

749935[/snapback]

Jauron was Marv's second choice for coach. MM wasn't fired. He quit. :devil:

We need to cut DeLuca some slack. The Sabres success this past year has robbed him of his chance to attack Tom Golisano, so he moved on to the next owner.  He's just trying to keep in shape. Gotta respect that.  0:)

750031[/snapback]

Imagine what would have happened if Golisano fired Regier and Ruff and brought back #11 to run the franchise, make people feel better and think about better days. :devil:

I don't know how the Bills will do under the Levy/Jauron regime, but it's a lot more fun following the team with these guys running the show.  They tell the truth as best as I can determine, no secret stuff or double talk as with Donahoe/Mularkey. 

Like with Losman--they say he's done some good stuff, he's done some horrible stuff.  No trying to explain why the turnovers were somehow OK. It just seems they call a spade a spade, and are trying to make things better without a lot of hype or false bravado--they seem to be willing to let the play talk, good or bad.  And although I expect the first half of this season to be pretty brutal, I am hoping by December we will see their work starting to pay off, and have hope again for the playoffs maybe as soon as next year.

Anyway, just my two cents that it is nice to be dealing with good people again who you can really get behind and hope they succeed, after 5 years of almost total BS... CD

748944[/snapback]

Good post.

Yes, it is nice to be without the turmoil and the spinning that made the TD era both entertaining and exhausting.

Good organizations start at the top.

EGO :devil:  And he took this job because it was the only offer he had. If he had had "passion" or pride he wouldn't allow himself to be used as a figure head. He's the only GM in the NFL that doesn't run his draft, negotiate contracts or sign free agents. How much passion does it take to step up to a podium to tell jokes.  :D

We're not talking about the quality of the team. Ralph could sell the Bills tomorrow and rake in 700-800 million dollars, and that is not a joke.

It's not a joke and it's also not true. If Ralph were to sell the team he wouldn't see anywhere close to that amount. He would lose a huge chunk to taxes. That aside, exactly how many buyers are there who are ready to write a check tomorrow.  You're talking about a billion dollars here. There just not that many billionaires willing to buy NFL franchises.  0:)

749840[/snapback]

Is the reason every post on this thread you have done ends with(or contains) a :D mean that you are simply playing devil's advocate or do you honestly believe this stuff you spout? Figure head. :lol:

:D

Guest dog14787
I don't know how the Bills will do under the Levy/Jauron regime, but it's a lot more fun following the team with these guys running the show.  They tell the truth as best as I can determine, no secret stuff or double talk as with Donahoe/Mularkey. 

Like with Losman--they say he's done some good stuff, he's done some horrible stuff.  No trying to explain why the turnovers were somehow OK. It just seems they call a spade a spade, and are trying to make things better without a lot of hype or false bravado--they seem to be willing to let the play talk, good or bad.  And although I expect the first half of this season to be pretty brutal, I am hoping by December we will see their work starting to pay off, and have hope again for the playoffs maybe as soon as next year.

Anyway, just my two cents that it is nice to be dealing with good people again who you can really get behind and hope they succeed, after 5 years of almost total BS... CD

748944[/snapback]

When I got the News that marv levy was running the show I was instanly elevated. Yes , It may take a little time but we will go in the right direction now.

Maybe even get to the big one again one day. Your two cents sounds like pennys from heaven to me.

The Season is almost here!!!!!!!!!!

GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

CaseyD makes a great point. A football is a business and like in a Company, empolyees mirror the attitudes held by managment. If managment is lousey, chances are the employees are not going to shine. With a positive, "open" managment in Levy/Jauron I think we can look forward to a team we will love... for better or worse :doh::lol: