A Prediction

Any success Buffalo has had the last decade has lasted about two seconds. I don't understand what people expect the media to do. The Bruschi ball washing last year was rather pathetic, but this obsessive outlook so many have about being disrespected is more fabrication then reality.

When we had something going for us in the early 90's, and when Flutie was around the national media was all over us. The Bills were on national TV with Patriot like frequency. The year we crushed New England for the opener, many at ESPN were calling us the best team in football. By week 2 we reached #2 in the power rankings. By the time reality set in thousands of Bills fans were left devastated. What we look like is a team that has posted one of the worst records in football the last 5 years. That has a brand new offense, defense, and an unproven QB. 

Respect will come when we earn it.

748727[/snapback]

Great post. Wish I did it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone still consider New England a top-tier team?  They have lost a lot of talent the past couple years, and while sweatshirt Bill has led his team to overcome a lot,  they don't scare me the way they once did.  I think they're very vulnerable and are a 1st round playoff loser this year. 

The Bills could surprise them in 1 of the 2 games.

748748[/snapback]

I don't think the Pats are the same "dynasty" team they were. I think they are beatable.

I want, desperately, for the Bills to win the game.

I do not think they will.

MAYBE in the second game, at home, when the team has a chance to grow up, they can pull a win out. Opening day, with new everything, away, with JP at QB? Not so much.

NO WAY! The only time when this team gets a little attention is on PTI (best show on ESPN). Sportcenter said Sunday that they were going to talk about Qb situations and it looked like the Bills were going to be mentioned, but of course they weren't.

Also NFL Live is the WORST show for football. I haven't once seen them talk about the Bills in the past 7 months.

IF (the big if) we actually beat New England on opening day, then do you think ESPN MIGHT actually talk about us?

My guess is no.  If anything, all they'll talk about is NE, in how they may not be the best team, pretty much degrading the Bills to a lower sense of self esteem.  There won't be any "Is Buffalo the team to beat?" Or any of that... I don't get why ESPN doesn't show us any love...

748685[/snapback]

ESPN would attribute any bad play by NE to injuries/sickness or just a "bad day cause every team has one every now and then".

"NE played without key players" blah blah blah blah

"The Bills capitalize on an off day for NE" blah blah blah blah

No credit for the Bills, even when they went on a 9 game tear two years ago it was seldomly mentioned or it was thought that they had a weak schedule.

Anymore, Fu_k ESPN.

IF (the big if) we actually beat New England on opening day, then do you think ESPN MIGHT actually talk about us?

My guess is no.  If anything, all they'll talk about is NE, in how they may not be the best team, pretty much degrading the Bills to a lower sense of self esteem.  There won't be any "Is Buffalo the team to beat?" Or any of that... I don't get why ESPN doesn't show us any love...

748685[/snapback]

An even more hilarious scenario would a Buffalo win with a complete ESPN denial. Kind of like election 2000.

"CBS reports a 30-17 Buffalo Bills victory over the New England Patriots on opening day while FOX news is not calling a winner at this time and believes that it a determination is weeks away. Famed sports network ESPN denies that a team still exists in Buffalo let alone would such team be able to defeat the New England Jesus's."

"Lifetime continues to show continual re-runs of it's self rated 5 star release "Man-Hater-Clam Stuffer: The Rosie O'Donnell story"

I think the Patriots will incorporate TE's like its going outta business! Kevin Faulk always seems to show up against our boys, and Brady really spreads it out to a number of recievers. However, pressure is the key! It was mentioned that terrific Tom will see a lot of Angelo Crowell. The better answer would be to apply a pass rush directly up the gut. NO QB flourishes when he is flushed, harassed, and knocked around. So, in my world, to beat them, the Bills MUST find a heavy pressure pass rush on Brady. Otherwise, he picks the Bills apart as usual. Now the question is, is the "D" up to the task? I think they just might be.... the Bills WILL play hard for Jauron all year, and opening day will be one of their best efforts,IMO!!

Does anyone remember the early 90s when the Bills were the Patriots, and the Patriots (more or less) were the Bills?

The point is, ESPN and the rest of the national media does this wacky, crazy, innovative thing known as "discussing the teams which are relevant". As much as I hate to say it, but as obvious as it should seem, six years of no playoffs and lack of megastars/fantasy players do not make a "relevant" team in ESPNs eyes.

Yes - we beat NE - with new coaching stafff and new schemes on both sides of the ball - we catch them off guard. Jauron and company make good adjustments to counter at half-time (something we have not seen fron Bills coaches in a LONG time). Willis goes for over 100 yards and allows us to control the clock down the stretch.

"Without Deion Branch in the Lineup, the Bills were able to focus on stopping the run and limited what Brady could do on the field. With Bruschi still a week or two away with the broken wrist, and Seau not fully integrated into the defensive scheme the Bills were able to capitalize on the crippled Defense. The Patriots are still trying to find their way minus some very key personnel. We are now going to go live to our own Suzy Kolber who is standing by with convalescing Patriots all universe LB Tedy Bruschi to get his reaction on todays meltdown."

748685[/snapback]

Why can't anyone here get it. WE STINK! Plain and simple. The no respect thing has been going on for quite a while, but right now, the Bills are at one of the lowest points I have ever seen. If they win more than three games this year, it will be amazing.