MCGAHEE

RJOSEPH

:D Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!! is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? :)

"Yawn" ...

"Doom and Gloom" ...

"You are an idtiot!" ...

Sir, these are the responses you are about get from the regulars here. To answer, no. I think his weight loss will help him gain the hole and the 2nd layer of defenses. His extra size gave him confidance with his repaired knee to take on contact. Now, 3yrs removed from the injury, he is focused on speed and slashing and letting the knee be tested all out with out 20 pounds of muscle up top to pad it.

:D Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? :)

745634[/snapback]

This, of course, is assuming that our Oline is already worth giving up on. Where is this evidence?? Their performance against Carolina? Give me a break! Willis is great, the Oline is B- and improving. STOP HATING ON THE OLINE!

Welcome to the Wall.

Waste - gradual loss, or decrease by use.

Waist - that thing you put your belt around.

As probably the case with most things in life, our O-line will surprise you.

Good day.

:D Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? :)

745634[/snapback]

No - McGahee is a decent back. The Bill's current OL has question marks, and having their additional QB questions puts WMG in a situation not unique to this club.

If he's shed some pounds in hopes of improving his performance, preparing for some more involvement in the pass game, I'm happy.

Payton would do very well behind the current line - any line. He was a master at following his blockers. Emmitt Smith did the same, and former B'gal Corey Dillon got a lot of his numbers that way.

Welcome to the forum!

No - McGahee is a decent back.  The Bill's current OL has question marks, and having their additional QB questions puts WMG in a situation not unique to this club.

If he's shed some pounds in hopes of improving his performance, preparing for some more involvement in the pass game, I'm happy.

Payton would do very well behind the current line - any line. He was a master at following his blockers. Emmitt Smith did the same, and former B'gal Corey Dillon got a lot of his numbers that way.

Welcome to the forum!

745645[/snapback]

You got 16K posts? Geez, you been busy Cincy! Carson Palmer good for 30 TDs this season?

"Yawn" ...

"Doom and Gloom" ...

"You are an idtiot!" ...

Sir, these are the responses you are about get from the regulars here.

745636[/snapback]

No, we save those for the REALLY brilliant topics where points are dull, facts are fake, thoughts are scrambled, and not even names are spelled correctly.

As for this topic, where the author is panicking about an OL that is still being developed and tweaked, and which has been on show for approximately three whole minutes in a meaningless preseason game, we just give the obligatory: WTF???

Guest dog14787
:lol: Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? :)

745634[/snapback]

Our overall speed on Offense will kill, And Willis will reek havic on the run and passing game.

O- line will be fine, We have the anchor, and we are hooked up! :D

doggie breath has spoken :lol:

You got 16K posts?  Geez, you been busy Cincy!  Carson Palmer good for 30 TDs this season?

745648[/snapback]

I wouldn't think so. The knee thing has yet to play out, and last year's schedule was a bit above the middle-of the road. They tie with NYG for the toughest strength of schedule this coming season - PGH twice, TB, CAR, NE, IND, DEN, two against BAL with McNair, and two against probably decent KC and SD clubs. There are some top defensive players in that mix.

Watch for some trick plays, though, if 6th round pick Reggie McNeal makes the cut. QB from Texas A&M, converted to WR. He ran a nifty end-around in the opener against WAS.

I wouldn't think so. The knee thing has yet to play out, and last year's schedule was a bit above the middle-of the road. They tie with NYG for the toughest strength of schedule this coming season - PGH twice, TB, CAR, NE, IND, DEN, two against BAL with McNair, and two against probably decent KC and SD clubs. There are some top defensive players in that mix.

Watch for some trick plays, though, if 6th round pick Reggie McNeal makes the cut. QB from Texas A&M, converted to WR. He ran a nifty end-around in the opener against WAS.

745660[/snapback]

Chris Henry is wicked. They have the best recievers in the league --- with out a doubt. And Kelly Washington is coming around...

They got a GREAT OL and two excellent backs. CArson is 2nd to only PEyton. I like this team to win the AFC.

Chris Henry is wicked.  They have the best recievers in the league --- with out a doubt.  And Kelly Washington is coming around...

They got a GREAT OL and two excellent backs.  CArson is 2nd to only PEyton.  I like this team to win the AFC.

745669[/snapback]

Washington was up for grabs at the FA salary minimum. Size, speed, moves. Problem is, he carries a 3rd round compensation penalty.

The Bills are well-advised to keep their eyes peeled if the WR-rich B'gals kick him onto the waiver wire.

Chris Henry is wicked.  They have the best recievers in the league --- with out a doubt.  And Kelly Washington is coming around...

They got a GREAT OL and two excellent backs.  CArson is 2nd to only PEyton.  I like this team to win the AFC.

745669[/snapback]

Cincy still has a paper thin defense. Yeah I know they can run up the scoreboard, but they remind me of the chiefs the last few years. Great offense, but their defense just isn't good enough to play up to snuff. Their dline is questionable, bryan robinson, sam adams, thornton, justin smith. We all know Sam Adams penchant for looking like an allstar when he wants to, or being completly irrelevant. Their lbs are plagued by character issues of odell thurman, ahmad brooks and aj nicholson and the current starting unit just doesnt seem like much of anything with pollack/simmons/landon johnson. Their corners while ball hawks are not good cover corners. Madieu Williams is a young improving safety while ss dexter jackson is on the downside of his carrer. I just cant see this unit improving enough to compete for a superbowl.

Yes Chris Henry is a tremendous talent, and probably could be a great wr, but I doubt he ever lives up to his potential. He'll probably foul up on his way out the league. Chris Perry is a good receiving back out of the backfield and makes up for the lack of hands that rudi johnson has. Speaking of Rudi Im not really a big fan of his. He just lacks certain elements I look for in great runningbacks. Great pouding it up the gut, but he lacks receiving ability, breakaway speed, and the ability to bounce runs outside. I think hes a lot like jamal lewis, while a good back just lacks that something that makes you think he's great. Still very good though. Theres no denying the offensive talent the bengals have. Enough to make it to the playoffs. I just find it difficult to concede that a team with as many character issues as the bengals a so so head coach, and a thin defense can make a push for the superbowl.

I was just saying that the if anyone was seriously watching the game then you would see how our starting o-line struggled vs. the backups for the panthers! this is a bad sign, preseason or not! i think willis is great and will get his great acceleration back its just frustrating knowing he wont even get past the line of scrimmage if there is no holes??? maybe i am panicking but lets be real; willis is our best weapon and if he doesnt have oppurtunities to make plays, like hmmm let me think a hole to run through then what is the point of him being faster not to mention all the speed at the skill positions! the game is one in the trenches and that will never change. the example i gave with walter payton was just a joke. of course he could run behind any o-line but you could say it would be much, much harder behind ours.... :)