Ross Tucker is the new starting Center

This does not bode well for the Browns. They lost one center to injury and another to suspension. Now they're really reaching...

Ephraim started last week's preseason opener against Philadelphia, but Ross Tucker, acquired in a trade from the New England Patriots, will start Friday against the Detroit Lions.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9604638

The 25-year-old Ephraim had little to say about his suspension.

"I'm here to help the team in any way I can," he said. "This is a team, it's not about one individual player."

Okay, team! Coke line starts over here and meth line starts over there! Who's with me?!?

This does not bode well for the Browns.  They lost one center to injury and another to suspension. 

Actually, it's worse than that! They have lost three centers; Bentley to an injury, Bob Hallen quit a couple of weeks ago, and now the dude with the drug suspension! Plus in the off-season they traded Jeff Faine to the Saints. The center position with the Browns is becoming like the drummers from Spinal Tap!

Actually, it's worse than that! They have lost three centers; Bentley to an injury, Bob Hallen quit a couple of weeks ago, and now the dude with the drug suspension! Plus in the off-season they traded Jeff Faine to the Saints. The center position with the Browns is becoming like the drummers from Spinal Tap!

745148[/snapback]

And now the hex of the x-Bill syndrome?? I hope so b/c that means we are turning around with Marv!

Remember during the 90's glory days when Bill's FA that signed elsewhere were snakebitten almost as bad as Glen Davis (1st basemen traded for by the Orioles... I'll get back to his story later...)??

Nate Odomes in Seattle

House Ballard

Damn, can't remember any others but recall a die hard Skins fan telling me. "damned, Marv! He put the hex of Marv for trying to get away from the Bills and now the guy (that the Skins signed) can't even get on the field!

I know Wolford got away before the great run and produced but after that a ton just dried up into the injury ward after they left. It was great, although I hate for them personally.

You guys remember any others??

Oh yeah, Glen Davis that guy (don't hold me to the exact injuries or timings) came to the Orioles after and during a huge year in Houston for some pitching prospects that included Pete Harnish and Curt Schilling (I belive but dont hold me to it).

The guy either got hurt at the end of that year or the following year with like a broken wrist and then hurt a knee real bad and then had after type of other minor injury that happered him to the point of total almost total uselessness. After what seems like was about 4 years of that mess (don't hold me to it), he was "healthy" again and talking like he was just glad to be that way and help the team anyway he could (they were not counting on this guy, trust me). All things are go, he is healthy and ready go and being a hugely touted additional and paid huge bucks, but most unfortunately he was sitting in the dugout and got hit by a foul ball.

Ding! Career over. That guy was a totally walking diaster, a total demolition man!

anybody old enough to remember that dude?

Sorry for the side track. Go Bills!

And now the hex of the x-Bill syndrome??  I hope so b/c that means we are turning around with Marv! 

Remember during the 90's glory days when Bill's FA that signed elsewhere were snakebitten almost as bad as Glen Davis (1st basemen traded for by the Orioles... I'll get back to his story later...)??

Nate Odomes in Seattle

House Ballard

Damn, can't remember any others but recall a die hard Skins fan telling me.  "damned, Marv!  He put the hex of Marv for trying to get away from the Bills and now the guy (that the Skins signed) can't even get on the field!

I know Wolford got away before the great run and produced but after that a ton just dried up into the injury ward after they left.  It was great, although I hate for them personally.

745157[/snapback]

The trade that sent the injured Paul Seymour to PGH for Frank Lewis. Sweet.

Of course, there's the other side of the coin, before FA, when these guys were traded for walking garbage or just shown the door:

Daryl Lamonica

Haven Moses

Amhad Rashad

Bobby Chandler

Ron McDole.

The trade that sent the injured Paul Seymour to PGH for Frank Lewis. Sweet.

Of course, there's the other side of the coin, before FA, when these guys were traded for walking garbage or just shown the door:

Daryl Lamonica

Haven Moses

Amhad Rashad

Bobby Chandler

Ron McDole.

745375[/snapback]

Very true on the first three... though Bobby C, whom I idolized, was on the way out when the Bills traded him in 1980. McDole was a very special case... he was old on paper in 1971 when John "I am the first coming of Gregg Williams" Rauch decided he was washed up, but George Allen made him part of the "Over the Hill Gang" and he played several years past the time one would expect a DT to play in the NFL. I loved how McDole was one of the only linemen left who still wore a simple double-bar face mask, like a QB. He was a tough mofo....

And now the hex of the x-Bill syndrome??  I hope so b/c that means we are turning around with Marv! 

Nate Odomes in Seattle

House Ballard

Damn, can't remember any others but recall a die hard Skins fan telling me.  "damned, Marv!  He put the hex of Marv for trying to get away from the Bills and now the guy (that the Skins signed) can't even get on the field!

I know Wolford got away before the great run and produced but after that a ton just dried up into the injury ward after they left.  It was great, although I hate for them personally.

Oh yeah, Glen Davis that guy (don't hold me to the exact injuries or timings) came to the Orioles after and during a huge year in Houston for some pitching prospects that included Pete Harnish and Curt Schilling (I belive but dont hold me to it). 

The guy either got hurt at the end of that year or the following year with like a broken wrist and then hurt a knee real bad and then had after type of other minor injury that happered him to the point of total almost total uselessness.  After what seems like was about 4 years of that mess (don't hold me to it), he was "healthy" again and talking like he was just glad to be that way and help the team anyway he could (they were not counting on this guy, trust me).  All things are go, he is healthy and ready go and being a hugely touted additional and paid huge bucks, but most unfortunately he was sitting in the dugout and got hit by a foul ball. 

Ding!  Career over.  That guy was a totally walking diaster, a total demolition man!

anybody old enough to remember that dude? 

Sorry for the side track.  Go Bills!

745157[/snapback]

...unfortunately Tom Nutten played himself into a nice little career after leaving Buffalo...

Nate Odomes in Seattle

House Ballard

745157[/snapback]

Don Smith went to Miami and promptly injured his back.

How about Gus Frerotte! Mitch's cousin :)

He played Guard for the BILLS but had really soft hands. They used to make him an eligible receiver and Kelly loved to throw to him.

He went to Seattle, got hurt, and I don't think he ever played in a regular season game after that.

He used to stand on the sidelines, in a biker outfit, and keep Ken Behring(the owner) entertained. Nobody liked Ken, so not many people talked to him. :D