2 useless observations from drive home from work

/dev/null

I'm sitting in Wendy's drive thru and see their dumpster in my rear view mirror. The Waste Management log backwards looks like MW. Seeing garbage and the letters MW at the same time made me think of Mike Williams

Why do people with NASCAR bumper stickers drive slow? I passed a truck with like 5 NASCAR stickers on it, doing 35 in a 50

yeah, i'm bored

I'm sitting in Wendy's drive thru and see their dumpster in my rear view mirror.  The Waste Management log backwards looks like MW.  Seeing garbage and the letters MW at the same time made me think of Mike Williams

Why do people with NASCAR bumper stickers drive slow?  I passed a truck with like 5 NASCAR stickers on it, doing 35 in a 50

yeah, i'm bored

745040[/snapback]

I seem to have the same problem. People are afraid of the high rise bridge and go 35 over it causing a massive backup. I hate Virginia drivers.

I seem to have the same problem.  People are afraid of the high rise bridge and go 35 over it causing a massive backup.  I hate Virginia drivers.

745102[/snapback]

At least Virginia drivers slow down for no reason.

Why the !@#$ was there a traffic jam at 2pm on a Wednesday in Austin without an accident?!

There were alot of idiots on the road today I noticed.

My favorite was the kid that decided he wasn't going to wait his turn at the 4-way stop, and instead follow the car that was right ahead of him, making me almost t-bone him.

I'm sitting in Wendy's drive thru and see their dumpster in my rear view mirror.  The Waste Management log backwards looks like MW.  Seeing garbage and the letters MW at the same time made me think of Mike Williams

Why do people with NASCAR bumper stickers drive slow?  I passed a truck with like 5 NASCAR stickers on it, doing 35 in a 50

yeah, i'm bored

745040[/snapback]

I say MW could block the dumpster.

As for your NASCAR question...it has to do with genetics.

Funny you mention the Waste Management logo. There was a time where I'd see the WM and think Willis McGahee. I think it was the combo of the initials and the almost-kinda-MiamiUish (for someone who doesn't follow college football) colors....

Road design?

It often creates "slack"... Then again, doesn't Austin have a new infrastructure?

745334[/snapback]

Not really, I-35 is still the main road in Austin, and its only 3 lanes for most of it. It splits in the north part of downtown into two decks, but since it connects in the middle of freaking downtown, it creates traffic problems.

I-35 goes up the east part of the city, and mopac runs along the west part. Those are the two main roads, and way overcrowded.

A big problem is that they have absolutely nowhere to expand I-35. There are stores and buildings along both sides the whole way.

Sad part is, I've experienced traffic jams on I-35 at 3AM before here in Austin.

Why the !@#$ was there a traffic jam at 2pm on a Wednesday in Austin without an accident?!

You could move to Dallas to appreciate Austin. It's even hotter up here :) (And the traffic on this end of 35 is just as bad). At least you have hills!

At least Virginia drivers slow down for no reason.

745107[/snapback]

Look around you! How many "drivers;" Speak, Read & Understand English???

I won't even ask how many have insurance? :)

You could move to Dallas to appreciate Austin. It's even hotter up here  :D  (And the traffic on this end of 35 is just as bad). At least you have hills!

745595[/snapback]

Awww, it's not so bad here. I still remember rain. :) Friggin brutal summer.

You could move to Dallas to appreciate Austin. It's even hotter up here  :D  (And the traffic on this end of 35 is just as bad). At least you have hills!

745595[/snapback]

:) true

I like Austin, I just hate the damn road system here.

There were alot of idiots on the road today I noticed.

My favorite was the kid that decided he wasn't going to wait his turn at the 4-way stop, and instead follow the car that was right ahead of him, making me almost t-bone him.

745113[/snapback]

Try harder next time.