Roster Is Full Of Proven Losers

Mark VI

Harsh as it is, they seem to be falling into some sort of version of teams fielded by the Bengals that I had the pleasure of watching since 1990.

The commentary seems familiar...we have talent, no moxie, playcalling, chronic weak parts of the game, inability to judge talent, lousy bench, calls, and so forth. Fortunately, bickering players are not a problem yet.

I feel that it is management - which was the B'gal's chief problem. Teams "turn" around all the time - win a few improbable games, do the occasional smart thing such as ignoring the urge to play prevent defense, an unheralded player steps up his performance, etc.

A management that did not discharge the coach last year as well as a QB who took it game after game without storming off the field in disgust has a certain odor about it IMO.

We'll see - but I'm not going to stick it to Mularkey - recall Mike Tice's 1st year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Spikes. While I think he's a quality LB, he ain't worth the jack he's getting. He and Fletch are active, but both 'catch' the ball carrier. They rarely penetrate and explode a play.

Watching Spikes do that dance of his after allowing a 2 yard gain just cracks me up.

Limited on the impact. Super size jack.

Moulds ran the wrong pattern 4 times, 3 on 3rd down. 1 resulted in a INT. Dropped 2 easy ones. Glad he did well in someones fantasy league. I'm talking about making key plays in the REAL game. Was getting his @ss chewed on the sidelines by both Bledsoe and the Coaches. Remove the blinders. 8.75 Mil for this guy in 2005. We could get 3 starters for that salary. Twice the athlete Andre Reed ever was... Too bad Reed was twice the player.

54404[/snapback]

Fact:

Moulds ran the wrong route ONE time out of TWO (not 4) times he was involved in a miscommunication.

Nothing like a little exaggeration to help a point. :)

Badol was right. Purge many of the so-called name players and start fresh. Bledsoe,Henry,Moulds,Campbell,Jennings,M.Williams,Shelton,Wire..even Fletcher. They make more negative plays than positive ones.

0-3... Pointing the finger at certain units/players to defend your personal favorites no longer means a damn thing. Keep starting the players listed above and you just admitted you're satisfied with 6 wins per year,at best. They've had their shot and continue to come up small in the clutch. Tough guys ? How about mentally tough ?

We can lose with younger,cheaper guys with an upside. Learn in 2004 and set up something positive for 2005. Turn the page.

Bye-bye losers. Go kill another franchise.

54350[/snapback]

Mark, you are dead on. I can't believe, three games into the season and things are looking as bleak as ever...this team is the most frustrating team I can ever remember being field in Buffalo.

I had season tickets through most of the 1980's and sat through those miserable 2-14 seasons. With those teams, you never expected anything. This TD era team is sprinkled with just enough name players, and makes a nice play here and there to make you think they will turn the corner. Yet everytime they turn the corner, there is another corner....pathetic. Almost makes me long for the good old bad old days of George Cumby and Eason Ramson...I am officially taking a break until Friday, no more thought wasted on these Bills.....

Fact:

Moulds ran the wrong route ONE time out of TWO (not 4) times he was involved in a miscommunication.

Nothing like a little exaggeration to help a point.    :angry:

54997[/snapback]

Fact, my ass. I was there and taking notes. He cut inside twice when he was supposed to release to the outside and took off twice long , when he was supposed to shorten his route. Seemed to be lots of reaction from Bledsoe and the coaches after each mistake.

That's right , keep defending these fan favorites. The losses keep mounting but it's always " Somebody else " . :)

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Spikes. While I think he's a quality LB, he ain't worth the jack he's getting. He and Fletch are active, but both 'catch' the ball carrier. They rarely penetrate and explode a play.

Watching Spikes do that dance of his after allowing a  2 yard gain just cracks me up.

Limited on the impact. Super size jack.

54634[/snapback]

Spikes is one of the guys playing his heart out and making key plays on 3rd down to force punts. While he can over run some plays, he always seems to be around the ball making a positive impact. I like his effort and production. Fletcher is a good player who continues to take stupid penalties, which just kills us.

Mark, you're exactly right.

That is what DonnaHo supposedly did when he got here and slashed the budget to get us out of "Cap Prison".

Once is enough for me.

DonnaHo must go. It's time for someone else to come in and rebuild this team that he has destroyed.

Mark, you're exactly right.

That is what DonnaHo supposedly did when he got here and slashed the budget to get us out of "Cap Prison".

Once is enough for me.

DonnaHo must go. It's time for someone else to come in and rebuild this team that he has destroyed.

55200[/snapback]

gotta agree, donahoe does enough to fill the seats and tease us with a good team on paper, but when push comes to shove, the product isnt there...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: donahoe

I don't now about Eric Moulds though I mean 10 receptions for 126yards and a touch, can you really blame him today???

54381[/snapback]

He`ll never come threw for us in the clutch, did anyone in Buffalo really think he could take us to the endzone when we were down by seven and driving toward the end of the game?...Hell, the one play I thought I saw him stumble over his own brain!

The title of this thread says it all. Time to gut this team.

Keep Milloy, Spikes, Adams & Williams, McGahee & Evans, Moorman & McGee - that's it. Possibly Clements if the price is right.

This would be the perfect time to trade Moulds because we can still get value for him and he'll be past his prime in a couple of years. We can probably get a couple decent OLmen with his salary. Fletcher, Henry, Schobel, and Bledsoe are just losers. By now we all know Wire doesn't belong on a Pop Warner field.

It sucks that next season is 11 months away :lol:

I don't now about Eric Moulds though I mean 10 receptions for 126yards and a touch, can you really blame him today???

54381[/snapback]

Agree 100%. He has scored a touchdown in each game - NOBODY ELSE HAS as single one !! I hope EM retires a Bill. We gain more by keeping him here than by chasing him out.

Spikes is one of the guys playing his heart out and making key plays on 3rd down to force punts. While he can over run some plays, he always seems to be around the ball making a positive impact. I like his effort and production. Fletcher is a good player who continues to take stupid penalties, which just kills us.

55155[/snapback]

For what he's making he should be elite, not productive. Especially when you consider the beef up front keeping him clean.

Guest coach Gus

When is the honeymoon over for Mularkey?

It's been 3 games and months of preparation and I have yet to see any signs of hope from this guy. What has he done to show anything positive for this franchise.

I've seen no inclination for making good or creative decisions- only bad ones. Where's the genius hiding?