I really like the way this coachong staff...

tries to mix things up and create competition among players. If the guy is a better player at any given position he gets the start. If you perform you get to play. We haven’t seen that in a long time in Buffalo. At least not to this magnitude. Moving Kyle Williams ahead of Tim Anderson, replacing Posey with Crowell, and letting Gates move up are all sound moves IMHO. I like it all. I was never impressed with Anderson's play and thought it was one of the major reasons the Defense fell apart last year. I think Crowell is a player, and Gates was always a better back than Shaud Williams. This staff not only sees this like most of us fans saw it, but they act on it and make the changes. They even update the depth chart at BB.com!!! I like :blush:

tries to mix things up and create competition among players.  If the guy is a better player at any given position he gets the start.  If you perform you get to play.  We haven’t seen that in a long time in Buffalo.  At least not to this magnitude. Moving Kyle Williams ahead of Tim Anderson, replacing Posey with Crowell, and letting Gates move up are all sound moves IMHO.  I like it all.  I was never impressed with Anderson's play and thought it was one of the major reasons the Defense fell apart last year.  I think Crowell is a player, and Gates was always a better back than Shaud Williams.  This staff not only sees this like most of us fans saw it, but they act on it and make the changes.  They even update the depth chart at BB.com!!!  I like  :blush:

744305[/snapback]

Agreed, lets see if any of the guys that got demoted step up this week.

Agreed, lets see if any of the guys that got demoted step up this week.

744308[/snapback]

Agreed.

This will be telling for those who were demoted. Is it in their character to be motivated to play better or to pout like Mike Williams and Eric Moulds did last year when things didn't go their way. I think it's this aspect of "character" that Marv and DJ are most concerned with when they mention the term. We don't need players that when things go wrong - they cry. That's the fans' job.

Tim Anderson will struggle for playing time this year, the guy simple isnt very good. Just another solid pick by TD

Gates should have got a chance last year, why wouldnt he. the team wasnt that good and their depth was weak to begin with, why not give the guy a chance

Crowell, Fletcher and Spikes are going to be a very active group, lets just hope they have enough beef in front of them ( man Ngata would look good on this line )

Gates should have got a chance last year, why wouldnt he. the team wasnt that good and their depth was weak to begin with, why not give the guy a chance

744317[/snapback]

We'll see, in short order, just whose naked pictures are in the possession of Joe Burns.

Conventional wisdom rules out GW or MM; since they're gone and he yet remains.... TD? Ralph? .... Chuck Lester?

......I was never impressed with Anderson's play and thought it was one of the major reasons the Defense fell apart last year....

744305[/snapback]

Absolutely. He was only in the starting lineup due to Ron Edward's injury. Hopefully he can be a functional backup for us.

Agreed.

This will be telling for those who were demoted. Is it in their character to be motivated to play better or to pout like Mike Williams and Eric Moulds did last year when things didn't go their way. I think it's this aspect of "character" that Marv and DJ are most concerned with when they mention the term. We don't need players that when things go wrong - they cry. That's the fans' job.

744314[/snapback]

Bingo!

Agreed.

744314[/snapback]

Another reason why another Pouter Sam Adams was sent packing.....

If TKO, Fletcher or Vincent pout about the offense and worry about KH not

being the QB, I think DJ/ML should send them packing too.

tries to mix things up and create competition among players.  If the guy is a better player at any given position he gets the start.  If you perform you get to play.  We haven’t seen that in a long time in Buffalo.  At least not to this magnitude. Moving Kyle Williams ahead of Tim Anderson, replacing Posey with Crowell, and letting Gates move up are all sound moves IMHO.  I like it all.  I was never impressed with Anderson's play and thought it was one of the major reasons the Defense fell apart last year.  I think Crowell is a player, and Gates was always a better back than Shaud Williams.  This staff not only sees this like most of us fans saw it, but they act on it and make the changes.  They even update the depth chart at BB.com!!!  I like  :w00t:

744305[/snapback]

Agreed.

744314[/snapback]

Crazy talk. That's just crazy talk. From all of you!

Leave it to a couple of old, washed-up, incompetent "has-been's" like Levy and Jauron to try something that stupid.

:rolleyes:

I know Williams had a great first game, and maybe he was promoted because of that one good game and a good training camp, but didn't Anderson get hurt in that last game? Maybe that is why Williams was practicing with the first team and moved ahead on the depth chart?

744407[/snapback]

If it was injury, why would it advantage Anderson to work with the 2nd team (as reported), instead of just sitting out or continuing work with the 1st team? If anything, you're facing guys that are more "desperate" to try to move up to 1st string, so it is potentially more dangerous. Football is football, whether you're playing against the 1st, 2nd or 3rd string, so it seems if you're injured you either play or don't play, you don't drop to 2nd string to 'rest an injury.'