Jauron says Losman is the front runner

JoeF

More to come on bb.com but Jauron says Losman will get more reps this week in practice and will start against Cincy.

from bb.com

Head Coach Dick Jauron called J.P. Losman the “front-runner” in the battle for the team’s starting quarterback position. “He will start this next game and he will get more of the reps in practice this week,” said Jauron. “It won’t be 50-50 and we’ll see where it goes after this weekend.” Buffalobills.com will have complete coverage later this evening, including the full interview with Dick Jauron.

edit note--its refreshing to have a little transparency and honesty from the head coach and from the front office--we would still be hiding what Craig Nall's injury was in the old regime.

More to come on bb.com but Jauron says Losman will get more reps this week in practice and will start against Cincy.

743394[/snapback]

'Bout time. I was speculating on how much longer Juaron was going to drag out the charade. JP deserves at least a interim report card on where he stands.

good for JP. I still only hope he goes out and earns it by being outright better then holcomb/nall and not being the guy who got it because the other guy lost it.

743404[/snapback]

Agreed.

"front-runner" is better than "undecided", but it's still not as good as "#1".

Here's to JP finally earning the nod this Friday night... some TD passes would be nice.

Full Article is up now..this is actually a little more definitive than I thought

JP more than just the lead horse--he could be running away with this

some snippets...

"In terms of our quarterback situation J.P. is definitely the frontrunner at this point," said Jauron. "He will start the next game and he will get more of the reps in practice this week. It won't be 50-50 and then we'll see where it goes after this weekend."

The former first-round draft pick took 43 reps to Holcomb's 12 snaps in the practice session from the first 7-on-7 drill to the end of practice. Losman took the last 19 reps in the session.

Losman finished the session 21-28 with two touchdowns.

Agreed.

"front-runner" is better than "undecided", but it's still not as good as "#1".

Here's to JP finally earning the nod this Friday night... some TD passes would be nice.

743414[/snapback]

If he nails those short/intermediate passes in the Bengals game, he will be our

starting QB....The other thing I hope DJ and ML do is that once they pick a

#1 QB, they should stick with him for the entire season....I don't want a QB

switch unless there is a injury to the starter.

Dang, that was a good read. I liked most of what I read there.

Good to hear JP is being decisive, I think that's what he really needs. I'm looking forward to watching the next game.

He did fairly well in practice today... maybe his confidence got some much needed boost.... that could do wonders for a skiddish qb!

743537[/snapback]

That's what I feel JP has been missing most in camp....the coaches giving him some sort of a confidence boost instead the Mularkey-like mularky coming from the HC. Juaron just indicated what a straight shooter he is compared to the MM mumbo jumbo of the past.

I'd feel a lot better about JP if he didn't skip half his passes off the turf about five yards in front of where the receiver is standing.

On every pass attempt, your reaction is:

"Oh, that was AWESOME."

or

"What the hell was THAT?"

743414[/snapback]

No doubt...he's my pick by far, but damn I'd like to see him have a 200+ yd game with some TD passes.