For the Love of god give JP the keys

Ok I do not quite understand what the hold up with naming JP the starter is; if anything he has proven he is at least better than Kelly. He has to WORK on his accuracy he has to WORK on his decision making, doesn’t it make sense to WORK on these things in the preseason, not to mention he needs to develop his rhythm and timing with the first string receivers. I for one would rather watch us lose trying to get better, than to intentionally submit the team to mediocrity. Kelly is bad - JP is potentially good, we all know this what are they waiting for.

Ok I do not quite understand what the hold up with naming JP the starter is; if anything he has proven he is at least better than Kelly. He has to WORK on his accuracy he has to WORK on his decision making, doesn’t it make sense to WORK on these things in the preseason, not to mention he needs to develop his  rhythm and timing with the first string receivers. I for one would rather watch us lose trying to get better, than to intentionally submit the team to mediocrity. Kelly is bad - JP is potentially good, we all know this what are they waiting for.

743302[/snapback]

The current coaching staff is mearly letting JP "earn" the starting job, perhaps had the last regime played the same approach JP would have gotten more playing time. As they failed to realise the revolt that some veterans had for handing the youngster the keys last year without earning them. To me this whole open competition is truly a charade put on by Jauron and co to appease the vets but in reality their going to do everything in their power to have JP (or Nall) succeed as they have to know that a year with Holcomb is just a waste of their times.

Making the decision before the Bengals game would go against what they have done up until this point. If JP plays at all well in his start against the Bengals, he gets named the starter the monday after. The real reason I'd like to see it sooner is so that JP can get more practice reps, especailly with Nall back.

I also think not announcing a starter will help keep the media away from JP. This kid needs to keep his head on straight. The last thing I want to hear is a reporter asking him what exactly he'll do if it looks like he's "blowing it again" and might lose his position as a starter....

I hope JP starts getting more reps in practove and the rest of PS, but Jauron doesn't name a starter until the week before the opener.

I think JP will be named the starter before the season starts. In fact I'll go so far as to say that if Holcomb keeps it up, he's going to get cut. Maybe that would be the best thing for JP and the team. JP doesn't have to look over his shoulder all the time and be afraid to make a mistake and the veterans don't have a crutch if things don't go exactly perfect. The Bills can ride this thing out once and for all and if JP does truly suck, we will at least know for sure and can move on.

Yeah,it is still early in the "battle" but its pretty clear Losman has the job tied up as he should.The real battle is between Kingsbury and Nall.I thought King looked ok..i'd be alright w.him as the backup.Of course i'd like to see more of what he can do.I know the "system" at Tech led to those monster numbers..but still.

Ok I do not quite understand what the hold up with naming JP the starter is; if anything he has proven he is at least better than Kelly. He has to WORK on his accuracy he has to WORK on his decision making, doesn’t it make sense to WORK on these things in the preseason, not to mention he needs to develop his  rhythm and timing with the first string receivers. I for one would rather watch us lose trying to get better, than to intentionally submit the team to mediocrity. Kelly is bad - JP is potentially good, we all know this what are they waiting for.

743302[/snapback]

LMFAO!!! Jobs in the NFL are EARNED not passed around. :(

The day the Bills starts giving out jobs to appease anyone, I'll find a new team to root for.

Kelly is bad - JP is potentially good, we all know this what are they waiting for.

743302[/snapback]

What exactly? Nall?

p.s. I am a fan of Kelly Holcomb's only if he is carrying a clipboard or has been brought in to replace the injured starting QB.

Watching Holcomb run a game makes me want to,

head for the bar. And I pay way too much money to go to the games and then spend a half at the bar.

743302[/snapback]

After seeing the results on this team being cohesive after TD handed the job to JP last year, AND seeing the dissension raised between MM whi wanted to win now and TD over handing JP the job, AND having JP himself say before the season even began last year that he had inherited the job in the wrong way but he would do the best he could, what is surprising is that any fans are in such an all-fired hurray to have the braintrust anoint him as the starting QB to JP. At best, he has won the job by default because Holcomb is performing so badly and Nall is not even in competition due to injury.

The answer to your question about why they have not given the job to JP yet, is that to do this would be stupid.

LMFAO!!!  Jobs in the NFL are EARNED not passed around.  :(

The day the Bills starts giving out jobs to appease anyone, I'll find a new team to root for.

743461[/snapback]

Would this be a bad time to remind anyone how JP was handed the job during the off season last year? :ph34r:

After seeing the results on this team being cohesive after TD handed the job to JP last year, AND seeing the dissension raised between MM whi wanted to win now and TD over handing JP the job, AND having JP himself say before the season even began last year that he had inherited the job in the wrong way but he would do the best he could, what is surprising is that any fans are in such an all-fired hurray to have the braintrust anoint him as the starting QB to JP.  At best, he has won the job by default because Holcomb is performing so badly and Nall is not even in competition due to injury.

The answer to your question about why they have not given the job to JP yet, is that to do this would be stupid.

743492[/snapback]

Perhaps "stupid" is a little strong. How about "ill advised"?