Moves to Improve Team Now

Seriously, folks. I apologize if this is perceived as personal attacks, but to be honest, someone needs to slap your noggin' with a trout for even suggesting this stuff. The plain truth is that every year we have a lousy first preseason game and every year most of you go out of your freakin' way to panick.

742862[/snapback]

While I agree with your points this might not be the best way of making it. Every year those people that panick after the first pre-season game are eventually proven right when the Bills end up sucking. 0:)

Last year, we kept 9 DB's on the roster, and this is apparently the magic number for many teams.  So, here's  our current db roster.  With the exception of Wire, I think all the names on this list are better football players than anyone on our o-line roster (with the exception of Peters).  There's no one on the following list that "sneaks" onto the practice squad (you don't "sneak" 4th round picks onto the Practice Squad).  So, given that Wire goes, which other 2 DB's do you cut to get down to 9?  And which 2 horrific o-linemen take those 2 spots on the roster?

Safety:

Wire

Leonard

Simpson

Baker

Vincent

Bowen

Whitner

CB:

McGee

King

Clements

Greer

Youboty

As for Clements being a free agent next year...isn't that all the more reason to trade him now.  We may get lesser value for him...but it's better than what we get next year...which will be nothing.

742540[/snapback]

CB

Clements

McGee

Youboty

Greer

S

Whitner

Vincent

Simpson

Baker

Bowen

While I agree with your points this might not be the best way of making it.  Every year those people that panick after the first pre-season game are eventually proven right when the Bills end up sucking.  0:)

742866[/snapback]

But it's the blind squirrel thing. You can't tell we're going to suck from Saturday's game. You just can't. But people run around panicking anyway because they're so afraid they're going to be let down yet again...and then when the team does suck, they stand up and say "See...I told you we'd suck."

Anyone can do that. But there was no way known to mankind that anyone...anyone at all...should suggest trading three playmakers based on the first preseason game.

That's uber-panicking and I stand by my trout-to-the-head suggestion.

Do any of you watch OTHER preseason games...or just the Bills. Anyone watch the Redskins last night? And you think WE have problems?

Seriously. I'm stunned at how many people panick over a situation like this. Stunned.

742862[/snapback]

Exactly...I did watch the Redskins game, and now that Portis is hurt there's our trading partner..McGahee for Derrick Dockery!!! 0:)

I appreciate Tbone's passion, but it's a little knee jerk

If I could trade wm and nc for a francise type o-lineman I would do it. Does anyone see either of these guys staying here after their contracts run out, and maybe the better question is does anyone think we will be ready to compete this year before we lose these guys for nothing?

I wouldn't want to hand the reigns over to gates just yet but A-train is a solid veteran while we see what we have with gates. We are also very deep in the secondary, I wouldnt lose any sleep with greer or baker getting more playing time.

That said this will never happen, but I dont understand all of the bashing of this tbone for his post- his post was extremely positive compared to most here.

- Trade either Nate Clements or T. McGee for a quality lineman. 

- Trade W. McGahee for a quality lineman.

742469[/snapback]

Player for player trades rarely happen in the NFL and it's almost never premier players. I like your enthusiasm and creativeness but what you are proposing is next to impossible. You have to remember, Carolina has the best front 4 in the game and this was our units first game action together. Their is no way they will be worse than last year.

Thank you. That and the fact that it is absolutely mind-blowing to me that anyone with a knowledge of the game, let alone a ten-year season ticket holder, would throw in the towel on the season, trade Clements, McGee and McGahee while giving Kingsbury more reps, and start rebuilding the team (which is exactly what he is suggesting we do) after watching the very first preseason game of the year with a new coaching staff, new system and new players.

Seriously, folks. I apologize if this is perceived as personal attacks, but to be honest, someone needs to slap your noggin' with a trout for even suggesting this stuff. The plain truth is that every year we have a lousy first preseason game and every year most of you go out of your freakin' way to panick.

Do any of you watch OTHER preseason games...or just the Bills. Anyone watch the Redskins last night? And you think WE have problems?

Seriously. I'm stunned at how many people panick over a situation like this. Stunned.

742862[/snapback]

We are doomed, doomed, dont ya get it doomed. Yeah we looked like crap but I think there are many bright spots and its only week1 of PRESEASON. I am sure that after week 1 of the season we will see another inane post about being doomed etc.

BTW wonder if Tbone is back trying to claim hes a Bills fan. FOr a new user truely didnt pick a good user name. Maybe he should try ICETHEKICKER

- Trade W. McGahee for a quality lineman.  At least in his mind, and hopefully around the league, he has some perceived value.  What has he done that Gates couldn't do?  He still doesn't look fast.  He's not a good team player.  He doesn't break tackles.  Even though Willis himself thinks there's a big gap between him and Gates, what has he ever done to show it?  In fact, what has he ever done for us except shout off his big mouth?

742469[/snapback]

Your description of WM........right on! 3 carries, 5 yards, gimme a break

Your description of WM........right on!  3 carries, 5 yards, gimme a break

742970[/snapback]

Sean Alexander: 6 carries, 13 yards

Edgerrin James: 2 carries, -2 yards

Rudi Johnson: 3 carries, -8 yards

Ease up a bit. He's got a lot to prove this year, but it's not "this year" yet.

I really think it was ALL defense this year and ALL offense next year in the 2007 draft. There are, on paper, quite a few OLT types to be had in rounds 1 and 2 next year. It also wouldn't suprise me if TE gets one more tweak before next years' kickoff. I'd say think Sam Baker (USC) or Joe Thomas (Wisc.) and you'll sleep better on Saturday before Sundays' festivities!!

People like this continuously show how little they actually know about football and/or the people on their team.

Someone (TBone), obviously has no idea of Levy's thoughts on how to build a team. As he states in his book, the most important thing to do is build up the defense first. Establishing ourselves on the defensive side of the ball is Marv's goal this season. That's it period. He is not trying to make a playoff run this year.

Marv will try to make his run next year by piecing the offensive line and the whole offense together next year. The reason i say this is becuase if Marv was so dead set on making it back to the playoffs this season, then why no big acquisitions in the offseason? Because he is not making his move this season.

Next year we have all of that open cap room to sign any free agent we damn well please. Including offensive linemen. At that point we can pursue offensive talent which is the easiest squad to assembe once you have the players. After that, our special teams will still be in tact, our defense will be on the rise or back to top form, and then our offense will finally start putting points on the board.

So yes, put down the Madden controls, and read and take notes on this post. Because TBone my friend, this is how the Bills are going to return to the playoffs. Not with stupid and un-thoughtout moves, but with patience and efficency.

Goodnight Ladies and Gents, I love you all.