Who will be the better QB this year...

I'll go with JP as well, mostly because I think Rivers has "bust" written all over him.  I didn't like him coming out of college and until he proves otherwise, I don't like him still.

734752[/snapback]

I had the same feeling about JP, but I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

734773[/snapback]

I had the same feeling about both of them.

Rivers was the smartest college QB I ever saw play,a dn the best in the clutch. That doesn't mean he's going to be a star, but I wouldn't bet against the guy.

I don't know where anyone got the idea he "has bust written all over him."

Of course Rivers will be better, cause the Buffalo attitude is the grass is always greener on the other side. We have the worst coach, worst o-line/d-line, worst owner, worst GM, Worst QB's, Worst everything, and everyone else is so much better. I think its a defence mechanisim brought to the town after the 4 superbowls. If you keep your expectations to nothing, everything will be better

Rivers was the smartest college QB I ever saw play,a dn the best in the clutch. That doesn't mean he's going to be a star, but I wouldn't bet against the guy.

I don't know where anyone got the idea he "has bust written all over him."

734888[/snapback]

That's because every time a QB comes out of college & is drafted in the 1st round, people on this board declare him a bust. I'm sure if we checked the archives every successful QB in the NFL was called a bust by someone on this board. The latest whipping boy is Matt Leinart. A few posters have said he'll bust-I think they're being ridiculous.

Can you imagine if this board was around in 1983? 1st they would have gone ballistic when Elway refused to play with the Colts-I'm sure the bust word would have been applied numerous times to Elway. No doubt the board would have crashed & burned the day Jim Kelly signed with the Houston Gamblers. That day, he would have been declared a damaged armed bust by those who got in before they crashed the place.

The difference is that Jp IS A BUST

734866[/snapback]

Dude thats so dumb to say. jp had some great games last year. he shouldnt have been the starter out of the gate ill agree with that. (he wasnt ready) but mularky was a bust, clements was a bust and donahoe was a disaster. jp played very well the second time around and he will be betteer than rivers this year. what has rivers proved at all in this league. o and little known fact SCHOTTENHEIMER WANTED TO KEPP BREES. he fought the front office and lost. if his own coach doesnt think hes ready why would anyone else think he can be much better than jp?

I'm right there with you.  Rivers has the better team around him but the way he looked at the end of last year really made me doubt he'll be ready to lead them.

734645[/snapback]

How much did he play last year...like a half against Denver?

That's because every time a QB comes out of college & is drafted in the 1st round, people on this board declare him a bust.  I'm sure if we checked the archives every successful QB in the NFL was called a bust by someone on this board.  The latest whipping boy is Matt Leinart.  A few posters have said he'll bust-I think they're being ridiculous. 

Can you imagine if this board was around in 1983?  1st they would have gone ballistic when Elway refused to play with the Colts-I'm sure the bust word would have been applied numerous times to Elway.  No doubt the board would have crashed & burned the day Jim Kelly signed with the Houston Gamblers.  That day, he would have been declared a damaged armed bust by those who got in before they crashed the place.

734984[/snapback]

The best thing that ever happened to Buffalo football was Kelly signing with the Gamblers. He learned how to play QB at the professional level without being subject to our "fans." It's likely we'd have run him out of town.