NFL NETWORK VS TIME WARNER UPDATE

I know there have been other threads on the topic, but today is the last day. Enjoy!

Your local cable company is becoming Time Warner Cable. On Monday, July 31st at midnight, while you’re dreaming of touchdowns and turnovers, Time Warner Cable Cable may drop NFL Network from your channel lineup.

This means you’ll miss Live Primetime NFL Games, key match-ups, intense rivalries and the run to the playoffs.

Call 1-866-NFL-NETWORK (1-866-635-6389) and demand NFL Network NOW.

Thank you for your help.

NFL Network

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas area is also losing the NFL network. This weekend I began hearing the radio ads blasting TW. Unfortunately Rich Eisen is reading the text. I hope not everyone here dislikes him as much as I do...could lead to backlash as people line up to switch to TW.

I know there have been other threads on the topic, but today is the last day. Enjoy!

Your local cable company is becoming Time Warner Cable. On Monday, July 31st at midnight, while you’re dreaming of touchdowns and turnovers, Time Warner Cable Cable may drop NFL Network from your channel lineup.

This means you’ll miss Live Primetime NFL Games, key match-ups, intense rivalries and the run to the playoffs.

Call 1-866-NFL-NETWORK (1-866-635-6389) and demand NFL Network NOW.

Thank you for your help.

NFL Network

732113[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm calling too, and if they drop Howard Stern's on demand they will lose most, if not all of my business. (Don't think DSL will be quite as good as uncapped cable...)

But it does say "may" quite clearly. I'm reasonably sure we will wake up with NFL Network tomorrow morning. The contract is already paid for, so why would TW just dump it? It doesn't make sense.

But it does say "may" quite clearly. I'm reasonably sure we will wake up with NFL Network tomorrow morning. The contract is already paid for, so why would TW just dump it? It doesn't make sense.

732239[/snapback]

From what I understand, the only reason it says may is just in case they (TWC & NFL) reach a last minute agreement. A cable operator cannot broadcast channels they do not have a contract with.

From what I understand, the only reason it says may is just in case they (TWC & NFL) reach a last minute agreement. A cable operator cannot broadcast channels they do not have a contract with.

732245[/snapback]

I haven't read anywhere that we will be losing TWC or Howard Stern, anyone have a link to an article that states this?

"Good News!"

"Your local cable company carries the NFL Network."

That was the automated response I got when I called. To be honest, I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish. They should instruct angry viewers to call Time Warner.

One thing is for sure, if it and/or Stern are gone tomorrow, I'm pulling a switch-er-oo to Direct TV.

As far as a link goes, Toeknee24, I don't have one regarding Time Warner Cable losing the Howard Stern OnDemand, but they don't carry it in their other markets so I'm not hopeful.

"Good News!"

"Your local cable company carries the NFL Network."

That was the automated response I got when I called. To be honest, I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish. They should instruct angry viewers to call Time Warner.

One thing is for sure, if it and/or Stern are gone tomorrow, I'm pulling a switch-er-oo to Direct TV.

As far as a link goes, Toeknee24, I don't have one regarding Time Warner Cable losing the Howard Stern OnDemand, but they don't carry it in their other markets so I'm not hopeful.

732318[/snapback]

I have Time Warner and I have Howard Stern ON Demand Ch.739 in Rochester so you shouldn't lose it if other TW markets have it.

Channel 2 news at 11 just said that although Time Warner will be pulling the Network at midnight, the NFL Network isn't giving up yet. They have issued a "Temporary Injunction" that is trying to get them to hold off for a little longer. The NFL Network does not believe it is fair that Time Warner wants to force people to pay more just for their network.

This probably doesn't mean much, but at least there is an effort being made of some sort. I just think we all need to call and complain as much as possible as soon as the NFL Network goes off the air tonight. I urge everyone who is still awake to call and complain as much as possible!!!!!!!

Please help! LET'S SAVE OUR NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it is officially gone........

They are telling us to go to www.NFLGETREAL.com

Here is the exact statement that is on the "NFL Network" channel 25 right now:

The NFL Network is no longer available on your system. Basically, they are asking you to pay a premium price for eight out of market games you got free last year. We are negotiating a better deal for you.

For more information and to tell the NFL to Get Real please visit www.NFLGetReal.com

This officially stinks...........

I spoke to a buddy who is fairly jaded about local politicos about the potential for getting th City of Buffalo to way in on this as leverage they may have in using reopeners with contract selling Adelphia the cable rights for the City.

The question would be whether this transfer provides the City with some ability to put pressure on TW to let Bills fans continue to get NFL Network.

The word back I get is that this is complicated. It is unclear whether there are any re-openers, but the Adelphia contract is not permanent and TW wants to stay on the good side of all Adelphia custpmers right now so there should be some leverage if Buffalo government wants to exert it even if there are no re-openers.

However, in his view the new Brown Administration has the same attitude toward Cable outlets as the old Brown Administration which is to say they are mostly focused on the Control Board and other issues which impact their ability to hire their political allies and only interested in what the public wants to the extent they see it impacting votes.

There was a greater chance of getting the City to accomplish the goal of keeping the NFL Network on when it was on rather than restoring it now that it is gone.

If you care about this issue, the leverage points within Buffalo City goverment to get them to see some political interest in this are:

The Office of Telecommunications (716) 851-4297

Communciations Director Peter Cutler (716) 851-4841

Economic Development Director Rich Tobe (he is not directly responsible for these issues but knows the Bills economics better than anyone else in government as he was Denis Gorski, the former County Execs go-to guy who negotiated the lease deal which had kept the Bills here for the County (716) 851-4972

Cals to any of these people would be good since it would put the issue of TW and football and Bills coverage on their scope.

I live in Austin, TX, and have Time Warner cable. I cannot get the NFL Network...from what I understand, there is no region in which Time Warner carries the NFL Network, as part of basic, digital, or as a premium channel. The reason, I have been told by an acquaintence that works for Time Warner, is that Time Warner is unwilling to pay, what they consider, an excessive fee to the NFL, for the priveledge of carrying their PR station, unless the NFL

offers Time Warner the right to also carry the NFL Ticket package. As the NFL Ticket is what is keeping Direct TV afloat, this is not going to happen any time soon.

Now, I wish to hell Time Warner would carry the NFL Network too, and I would absolutely have no problem paying an extra $5 a month to get it...but that will never be an option, it seems, as long as Direct TV has the exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket...

Honestly, I can't say that I blame Time Warner for their stance, and in general, I think this is much a case of the NFL's greed (at the expense of their obscenely loyal audience), as it is Time Warners' bad customer service...two corporate giants are battling it out, and we fans are the ones who really lose out...a rasberry to the NFL, and to Time Warner...

I live in Austin, TX, and have Time Warner cable.  I cannot get the NFL Network...from what I understand, there is no region in which Time Warner carries the NFL Network, as part of basic, digital, or as a premium channel.  The reason, I have been told by an acquaintence that works for Time Warner, is that Time Warner is unwilling to pay, what they consider, an excessive fee to the NFL, for the priveledge of carrying their PR station, unless the NFL

offers Time Warner the right to also carry the NFL Ticket package.  As the NFL Ticket is what is keeping Direct TV afloat, this is not going to happen any time soon.

Now, I wish to hell Time Warner would carry the NFL Network too, and I would absolutely have no problem paying an extra $5 a month to get it...but that will never be an option, it seems, as long as Direct TV has the exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket...

Honestly, I can't say that I blame Time Warner for their stance, and in general, I think this is much a case of the NFL's greed (at the expense of their obscenely loyal audience), as it is Time Warners' bad customer service...two corporate giants are battling it out, and we fans are the ones who really lose out...a rasberry to the NFL, and to Time Warner...

732572[/snapback]

Good post. It really stinks for Time Warner subscribers to lose NFL network, but I fully support Time Warners stance if this is about the Ticket. I had DTV the last few years and recently moved to a place that I can't use a dish (line of sight). My favorite time of the year, and I can't even watch my team, It really blows. Thousands exist in similar situations. If cable could offer the package it would extend to far more viewers.

As the NFL Ticket is what is keeping Direct TV afloat, this is not going to happen any time soon.

I hope you're kidding. :D

If that were true, how is Dish Network surviving? ;):D

Yes, it gets them more customers, but keeping them afloat? No way.

I hope you're kidding.  :D

If that were true, how is Dish Network surviving?  :lol:  :lol:

Yes, it gets them more customers, but keeping them afloat?  No way.

732599[/snapback]

Okay, perhaps a poor choice of words...but you know what I mean...if I recall, when Direct TV's original exclusive deal with the NFL was about to expire, they paid some staggering amount of money to renew it, because they didn't want Dish, or any cable outlet, to get the deal. They, likely, knew, without the exclusive NFL deal, they would be in danger of being indistinguishable from other programming outlets.

A girl in my office just got a satallite....she shopped Direct TV, and the Dish Network. She went satallite, because she moved out to the boonies, and cable service was pretty much non-existent. The only selling point that Direct TV offered her, all had to do with discounts for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Being that she could care less about the NFL, she opted for the Dish Network...they had much more to offer her.

A few years ago, when I was considering getting satallite, so I could get the ticket (not realizing you had to have Direct TV), nearly every consumer report I read, favored the Dish Network...I know you are an "advocate", and things may very well have improved since that time. But don't you think (and I am asking an honest question here, not being a smart-ass, honest) that all things equal, most people would prefer to have cable, to a satallite dish, from any company? Remember, I said all things being equal...it is not about the technology...it is about money and contracts.