Former Buffalo Sports guy Chuck Howard...

PC is killing this country.  No way I'd have accepted his resignation.  His superiors are pussies.

731605[/snapback]

I am not disagreeing with anything in this thread...

Maybe his superiors wanted him gone anyway?... Don't look a gift horse in the mouth... Just because he is acclaimed doesn't mean he would stay there forever or people might actually want him to stay there forever.

Not that I am in control or anything. Somebody tenders their resignation, why not let them do it... Move on to bigger better people or things...

Or... Maybe they were just pussies.

<_<

Maybe his superiors wanted him gone anyway?... 

731636[/snapback]

Sure looks like it. Nobody gets out of a TV contract over something as inconsequential as that. More likely there were heated words (or worse) off camera following the incident that forced management's hand.

Sure looks like it.  Nobody gets out of a TV contract over something as inconsequential as that.  More likely there were heated words (or worse) off camera following the incident that forced management's hand.

731641[/snapback]

The sports anchor job on one of the local networks is not what it used to be. With Sports Radio and ESPN around the clock the job has lost some of its importance. I know Howard did some radio in Charlotte too.

Apparently we was well liked at the station. Some "onair talent" are neighbors and we chatted this morning. They think the new news manager is a spineless woman who did stand up for him. Now everyone is looking over their shoulders and moral is sinking faster than the Bills playoff hopes at midseason.

Sure looks like it.  Nobody gets out of a TV contract over something as inconsequential as that.  More likely there were heated words (or worse) off camera following the incident that forced management's hand.

731641[/snapback]

A very similar thing happened here in Austin, a few years ago, with a sportscaster....he used an s-bomb (not even an f-bomb!) when he screwed up a promo for the late news...the techinical people showed that promo, instead of the corrected one...it aired during a rerun of Star Trek The Next Generation...most got a chuckle out of it...the tv station fired him...if I remember, he tried to sue, but reached some sort of settlement...if I remember, this guy was fairly young, and not as recognized as Howard, but still...sort of silly...there are things much racier on commercial television, any time of the day, than someone saying "sh--, I screwed up, lets' do that again!"...