Connolly Signed to Multiyear Deal

Taro T

Bad cap news. Emerging player, but the concussions will keep coming and leave the Sabres short a big gun when needed most.

I would have liked them signing Danny-boy long term, while letting Barishnikov and Connolly walk.

731021[/snapback]

AFAIK, $'s haven't been released yet, so we don't know how it affects the cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see the $'s slightly lowish due to the concussion problems.

The team has a lot more options as far as trades are concerned by having guys signed long term vs on 1 year arbitration deals, so I'm having a hard time seeing where this is a bad thing.

You a little scared, Leafs' fan?  :w00t:

731257[/snapback]

No. I'm feeling ok about BOTH of my teams. Except Briere. I am afraid that we may walk away from that ruling.

The only way I see him playing here next year is if we walk away from Max who is no doubt going to get some assanine award.

I will tell you this, I am feeling a lot better about the Sabres and me having plunked down $4800 and change for seasons after the last few days and the long term deals Darcy has managed to do.

But the Briere situation really is bothering me. I love watching him play.

I pledge allegiance to the Buffalo trump hairs except for games when they are playing the Leafs.

Does that work for you? :w00t: