WGR55...........WTF?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bro, they've been saying for a week that both sides are very close, they're working out the details, and they expect both players in camp very soon.  No lengthy holdouts expected.  It's not unexpected that he signed.  But perhaps Howard Simon should've reported at 8am today that McCargo signed at 11am...TODAY :blink:

Do you think Marv is going to go on WGR and give ANY TYPE of insight into the nature of the contract negotiations???  They've been saying all the same bullschit for weeks, "Fair deal, good for both sides, get them in camp, reflective of the marketplace, etc etc etc"  What are you looking for?  Just to B word about WGR?

730799[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm thinking that a good radio station, that would have interviewed a Bills official this AM anytime before 10:00 am, probably would have gotten some information that McCargo was about ready to put his sig on the dotted line. My gut feeling is that Marv probably knew today when he got out of bed that all McCargo had to do was sign because everything was agreed to.

Wouldn't know until you actually cover the Bills. When you have a show on the first day of training camp like they had today, you understand why no one knew just how close were to getting McCargo here this morning.

WGR blew it. They could have been to first to get something out of the horses mouth, instead choosing to bombard everyone with wall to wall Sabres on the first day of camp.

Pathetic. They really should set up at HSBC tomorrow. The Sabres are hot, ride em all summer. They can just give Bills phone updates from HSBC.

Yeah, I'm thinking that a good radio station, that would have interviewed a Bills official this AM anytime before 10:00 am, probably would have gotten some information that McCargo was about ready to put his sig on the dotted line.  My gut feeling is that Marv probably knew today when he got out of bed that all McCargo had to do was sign because everything was agreed to.   

WGR blew it.  They could have been to first to get something out of the horses mouth, instead choosing to bombard everyone with wall to wall Sabres on the first day of camp. 

Pathetic.  They really should set up at HSBC tomorrow.  The Sabres are hot, ride em all summer.  They can just give Bills phone updates from HSBC.

730804[/snapback]

That's funny. Maybe you weren't listening. (Or I imagined it) I thought I heard them say McCargo was in town and would likely sign today... Bulldog and Riter will be a SJF this afternoon for their show.

See, this is what strikes me as kind of weird. In almost every other NFL city, teams unpacking and strectching, and obviously doing stuff as witnessed by some pictures here = news.

Boston radio does not talk Patriots when the Sox are in the hunt. Period.

All kinds of early news today missed by the Sabres Hockey Network. Imagine the pain of the hosts this morning having to actually talk about practice for a minute and see that Crowell was out there instead of Jeff Posey.

Wow, two major stories that were missed.

But hey, "Lets break a minute for station identification, this is the Sabres hockey network"

All kinds of early news today missed by the Sabres Hockey Network.  Imagine the pain of the hosts this morning having to actually talk about practice for a minute and see that Crowell was out there instead of Jeff Posey.

But hey, "Lets break a minute for station identification, this is the Sabres hockey network"

730818[/snapback]

Now, now Puff, just because you are bitter does not mean you have to act like a B word.

Now, now Puff, just because you are bitter does not mean you have to act like a B word.

730822[/snapback]

0 for 2 for WGR this morning. Earning that second rate reputation that they have. Hey, at least they are steady. They pretty much always suck.

That's funny.  Maybe you weren't listening.  (Or I imagined it) I thought I heard them say McCargo was in town and would likely sign today...  Bulldog and Riter will be a SJF this afternoon for their show.

Boston radio does not talk Patriots when the Sox are in the hunt.  Period.

730817[/snapback]

Totally true. In fact, I was talking to a guy from Boston last month and he was saying that nobody cares about the Bruins and Celtics now, sure the Pats have their following but there it's all Sox Sox Sox.

I was pretty surprised--it sounded like the Pats are bigger on a national scale then they are in Boston.

Yeah, I'm thinking that a good radio station, that would have interviewed a Bills official this AM anytime before 10:00 am, probably would have gotten some information that McCargo was about ready to put his sig on the dotted line.  My gut feeling is that Marv probably knew today when he got out of bed that all McCargo had to do was sign because everything was agreed to.   

Wouldn't know until you actually cover the Bills.  When you have a show on the first day of training camp like they had today, you understand why no one knew just how close were to getting McCargo here this morning.

730804[/snapback]

WGR has reported for the past three days that McCargo arrived in Rochester on Wednesday in anticipation of signing his deal and getting right into camp. The deal was all but finalized. Everyone knew it but you.

Pathetic.  They really should set up at HSBC tomorrow.  The Sabres are hot, ride em all summer.  They can just give Bills phone updates from HSBC.

730804[/snapback]

Sad you keep using this sorry line. It made no sense when you first typed it, and after the fifth time, it's just tiresome. The interesting part of all of this is they will be conducting afternoon shows live from St John Fisher daily. You know, in the afternoon, AFTER they actually practice, when there's something to talk about.

Thanks Lv, I'm all set with this thread. It's been a pleasure. Your ability to see and understand all of the various sides of an argument is astounding.

WGR blew it.  They could have been to first to get something out of the horses mouth, instead choosing to bombard everyone with wall to wall Sabres on the first day of camp.
Thanks Lv, I'm all set with this thread.  It's been a pleasure.  Your ability to see and understand all of the various sides of an argument is astounding.

730852[/snapback]

When are you guys going to stop these charades and just make out. When you do, just warn me so I can log off. Thanks in advance. :blink:

WGR is a sports talk radio station.  The NFL dwarfs hockey.  You talk about football.....period.  If the Bills were even challenging for a playoff spot and the Sabres were undefeated in their first say 30 games, no one would barely notice the Sabres until football was done.

It's the first day of football.  When more than a half a million fans parade through a Sabres training camp, like the Bills, then talk to me.  Until then, this day alone, should be all kinds of Bills preview stuff.

Pathetic.

730615[/snapback]

Ok, we know the NFL dwarfs the NHL (if only the NHL had more gambling, fantasy pools, tailgating, players getting arrested and getting ESPN's approval, imagine that gap would be MUCH tighter)

The Bills right now are the new Arizona Cardinas of the NFL. The Sabres are on the verge of greatness. Deal with it.

WGR sucks. No way around it.

The morning show is such a waste of airtime and Riter and Buttdog are such a pair of fratboy idiots that I'm ashamed of the thought of someone from out of town listening and getting the impression that this is representitive of how we talk and think.

If you really want to point the finger at who is responsible for what very well be the worst sports talk station in the northeast, look no further that the idiot program director Andy Roth.

He is the one who took Howards nuts away and paired him with that moron White.

He is the one who sets the tone and message of the station.

Its sad when a 30 year season ticket holder like myself cant even stomach five minutes to find out whats happening with my favorite team.

Hopefully another station will give them a run in the future.

The morning show is such a waste of airtime and Riter and Buttdog are such a pair of fratboy idiots that I'm ashamed of the thought of someone from out of town listening and getting the impression that this is representitive of how we talk and think.

If you really want to point the finger at who is responsible for what very well be the worst sports talk station in the northeast, look no further that the idiot program director Andy Roth.

Its sad when a 30 year season ticket holder like myself cant even stomach five minutes to find out whats happening with my favorite team.

730959[/snapback]

ok, i am convinced that lv-bills is Gary Puff Paff and Gomper is Bob Gaughn. Don't be bitter just because Roth fired you.

730959[/snapback]

I just totally disagree. I enjoy the programming. It's not all whine and howl of the 90s (which to me was totally unlistenable). And couldn't disagree more about Schoop and the Bulldog. Calling Schoop a frat boy is hilarious- the guy is basically a stats geek. A lot of people only hate him because he doesn't respect the idiot callers that used to dictate shows back in the Coach's day. Thank God those days are gone. The negativity and bluster was obnoxious.

I just totally disagree.  I enjoy the programming.  It's not all whine and howl of the 90s (which to me was totally unlistenable).  And couldn't disagree more about Schoop and the Bulldog.  Calling Schoop a frat boy is hilarious- the guy is basically a stats geek.  A lot of people only hate him because he doesn't respect the idiot callers that used to dictate shows back in the Coach's day.  Thank God those days are gone.  The negativity and bluster was obnoxious.

730964[/snapback]

Um, he didn't call Mike Doh'opp a frat boy. He called Brad Riter a frat boy.

Lol.....calling me Bob Gaughun?.....now really...lets not say things we cant take back.

Look, my point is that GR is a subpar station with awful content, and terrible hosts.

I'll tell you what, put on FAN590 for 20 minutes. Dont worry about the topic and just listen to how their hosts know how to broadcast. The intelligence of their approach and how they handle callers. It is night and day.

Like I said before, its sad when a 30 season ticket holder cant listen to the local sports station.

All kinds of early news today missed by the Sabres Hockey Network.  Imagine the pain of the hosts this morning having to actually talk about practice for a minute and see that Crowell was out there instead of Jeff Posey.

730818[/snapback]

Where are the major stories..

Crowell lining up in place of Posey during the FIRST PRACTICE OF TRAINING CAMP? WOW! Posey has been below average for 3 years now, why is it a surprise that he has been moved to 2nd string for ONE PRACTICE!

I'm not even sure what the 2nd major story is that you are referring to? McCargo? He's not Reggie Bush. Most people have never seen McCargo play a snap(myself included). Other than mentioning that he signed during 20/20 sports, what discussion do you want to have about him that wasn't already covered when he was drafted.

You don't like hockey...GOOD FOR YOU. News flash...A lot of WGR listeners do.

PS It could be worse. They could be doing non-sports talk which happens way too often! :blink:

Posey has been below average for 3 years now

730985[/snapback]

The amazing thing about this if real life events substantiated this claim would be that the Bills D finished 5th statistically in the league three seasons ago with an inadequate starter at SLB and then even improved to finish 2nd in the league two years ago with the same inadequate SLB.

One would think that the OCs in the league noticed his inadequate play 3 seasons ago and then picked on it, but siomehow the team improved its performance despite his inadequate play which could even be noted by fans such as yourself.

I think the evidence indicates that Posey actually performed a lot as part of a successful unit 3 seasons ago and that with him logging lots of minutes and having lots of responsiblities the unit improved 2 seasons ago.

I think the reasonable conclusion here is that Posey was a favorite whipping boy of some on TSW and though his play and much of the rest of the D was inadequate last year, he actually performed well in his job in 2003 and 2004.

If you or anyone disagrees (particularly if this was so obvious) then it should be simple for you to point to the several examples of the player he was covering beating him for a TD or a large gain in 03 or 04.

I do not think you can because fact is though he sucked last year he was a solid starter for us in 03 and 04.

The amazing thing about this if real life events substantiated this claim would be that the Bills D finished 5th statistically in the league three seasons ago with an inadequate starter at SLB and then even improved to finish 2nd in the league two years ago with the same inadequate SLB.

One would think that the OCs in the league noticed his inadequate play 3 seasons ago and then picked on it, but siomehow the team improved its performance despite his inadequate play which could even be noted by fans such as yourself.

I think the evidence indicates that Posey actually performed a lot as part of a successful unit 3 seasons ago and that with him logging lots of minutes and having lots of responsiblities the unit improved 2 seasons ago.

I think the reasonable conclusion here is that Posey was a favorite whipping boy of some on TSW and though his play and much of the rest of the D was inadequate last year, he actually performed well in his job in 2003 and 2004.

If you or anyone disagrees (particularly if this was so obvious) then it should be simple for you to point to the several examples of the player he was covering beating him for a TD or a large gain in 03 or 04.

I do not think you can because fact is though he sucked last year he was a solid starter for us in 03 and 04.

730990[/snapback]

Maybe there was just not a better alternative in 03 and 04. Doesn't mean he was a solid starter.