Sabres To Unveil Jerseys Today!

PTS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to bring out Schoop and the Bulldog to tell us to "wait until you see the logo on the jersey before you judge it!!!"?

Because obviously seeing that ridiculous logo against a different background is going to make it good. :)

Here's hoping for good news.

There's no way they're unveiling the logo, my guess just offering some official comments on the logo that was leaked.

730000[/snapback]

ALL jerseys WILL be UNVEILED.

ALL jerseys WILL be UNVEILED.

730003[/snapback]

And it was announced a whole 6 hours ahead of time too. If they are actually unveiling them today, they might as well just come out and say "we realize they're crap, but we have to get this out of the way now". Then they follow that up by quickly abandoning the jerseys whenever that becomes possible.

Statement issued to the press by Larry Quinn:

"It is my unfortunte duty to inform you that their has been a horrifc fire involving all new logos, designs for said logo and all computer records involving this logo. We are sorry for the inconveniece and will be donning our Black & Red uniforms for this upcoming season."

...then I woke up. :)

Statement issued to the press by Larry Quinn:

"It is my unfortunte duty to inform you that their has been a horrifc fire involving all new logos, designs for said logo and all computer records involving this logo.  We are sorry for the inconveniece and will be donning our Black & Red uniforms for this upcoming season."

...then I woke up.  :)

730017[/snapback]

More likely:

"I am proud to announce the NHL's first ever 'Design-Our-Uniforms' contest. Please visit sabres.com or your local Tops markets to get a free box of Crayolas and a Sabres coloring book. The lucky winner will receive front-row seats at the Aud/Bass Pro for all Sabres home games." JP Era would be so there.

Dear Larry

Its not everyday that you get a chance to play Santa Claus in real life. You have that chance today at 4 PM. Give the fans a gift and announce the slug is scrapped. You'll be hailed as a hero, someone who listens to the views of the fans and, where appropriate, gives it some weight. A responsive organization, committed to pleasing its customers.

Please don't deliver that coal for our season. Don't stand up there and announce the Slug as the new logo. C'mon Larry...be a hero.

A Sabres fan

Dear Larry

Its not everyday that you get a chance to play Santa Claus in real life.  You have that chance today at 4 PM.  Give the fans a gift and announce the slug is scrapped.  You'll be hailed as a hero, someone who listens to the views of the fans and, where appropriate, gives it some weight.  A responsive organization, committed to pleasing its customers. 

Please don't deliver that coal for our season.  Don't stand up there and announce the Slug as the new logo.  C'mon Larry...be a hero.

A Sabres fan

730031[/snapback]

but...but...you'll love it I swear. You just need to see it...blah...blah...blah. :)

Here's what I heard from someone who has seen the whole set:

As I stated before, the slugs are the primaries however I'm told the jerseys are actually very good and look very sharp. That was stressed to me. The colors are NAVY, "Slight" GOLD, and WHITE. The gold isn't the old yellow but I don't think it's actually gold either.

I asked if the original logo would look great in this set -- say one year down the road -- and I was told it would look phenomenal.

The FIGHT must go on! But for now we'll at least have the alternates.