Security guard suing the Bills

So what's the big deal and why is it news? He took one for the team and wants to be shown the money.

The Bills have workers compensation insurance and NYS is the best place on the planet for lawyers. Lawyers live to sue, and actually encourage us schlepps to do so. With all of the lawyer ads on TV (Barnes, Alexander & Catalano, Finkelstein & Partners, etc., etc.) why would we be surprised?

Linkage

"I'm not doing something anybody else who was there would not have done," Austin said of the decision to sue. "I asked for compensation for pain and suffering for the injury to my leg."

Suing the bills for 'Pain and Suffering' ? What a bunch of crap. I am all for him getting some disability if he can't work, and his medical bills should be paid...but C'mon -- $$ for pain and suffering ?? That's garbage. Another example of what is wrong with our society.

I have busted my knee up and had it scoped twice...torn ACL in fball and torn cartilage with a dislocated knee cap skiing. Bummer, but torn cartilage may or may not need surgery, and the surgery is just a cleaning up type procedure. Should I have sued the ski resort for putting a mogul in a bad spot? If I was that dude, I would not be suing the buffalo bills over that. I would want my medical bills paid for, and disability if i couldn't work for awhile, but that's it. And that most likely should come from the security company he was working for, not the Bills.

Why is it that the people who sue for 'pain and suffering' are the ones who are pu$$ies and feel much more pain and suffer more than the typical person? I'm sure not everyone will agree...but if u don't you are a pu$$y too. :D

It would seem to me to only be worthwhile if he thought that he had a high likelihood of a successful suit (or settlement) AND it will amount to a significant amount of work.

I would think that the physical pain of having your knee trashed & even if there are psychological impacts of rehab would pale in comparison w/ the crap he is and will have to endure having people know that he's suing the Bills. He better be prepared to move out of the area.

Linkage

"I'm not doing something anybody else who was there would not have done," Austin said of the decision to sue. "I asked for compensation for pain and suffering for the injury to my leg."

Suing the bills for 'Pain and Suffering' ?  What a bunch of crap.  I am all for him getting some disability if he can't work, and his medical bills should be paid...but C'mon -- $$ for pain and suffering ??  That's garbage.  Another example of what is wrong with our society. 

I have busted my knee up and had it scoped twice...torn ACL in fball and torn cartilage with a dislocated knee cap skiing.  Bummer, but torn cartilage may or may not need surgery, and the surgery is just a cleaning up type procedure.  Should I have sued the ski resort for putting a mogul in a bad spot?  If I was that dude, I would not be suing the buffalo bills over that.    I would want my medical bills paid for, and disability if i couldn't work for awhile, but that's it.  And that most likely should come from the security company he was working for, not the Bills.

Why is it that the people who sue for 'pain and suffering' are the ones who are pu$$ies and feel much more pain and suffer more than the typical person?  I'm sure not everyone will agree...but if u don't you are a pu$$y too. :unsure:

727867[/snapback]

I agree! Maybe we could sue this guy for pain and suffering endured through concern for the Bills. His lawsuit has caused me to lose sleep and elevate my blood pressure. What's that worth...$500,000, $1,000,000?

The security guard probably only pays the attorney if he wins something.

"Pain and Suffering" is a catch-all phrase in monkey law.

If you go to the link, it has the lawyer's name. Seems that this is his kind of case.

It would seem to me to only be worthwhile if he thought that he had a high likelihood of a successful suit (or settlement) AND it will amount to a significant amount of work.

I would think that the physical pain of having your knee trashed & even if there are psychological impacts of rehab would pale in comparison w/ the crap he is and will have to endure having people know that he's suing the Bills.  He better be prepared to move out of the area.

727917[/snapback]

The security guard probably only pays the attorney if he wins something.

"Pain and Suffering" is a catch-all phrase in monkey law.

If you go to the link, it has the lawyer's name. Seems that this is his kind of case.

728228[/snapback]

He's retained Willie Gingrich as his lawyer? (see---the '66 movie, The Fortune Cookie).

Just an interesting side note to this incident...

I was in the ems room when this happened because my friend decided to drink a bottle of coconut rum and couldn't keep it down. As they walked her to the wheelchair at the top of the upper deck the guard was run over. Everyone in the er was watching the replay and I remember saying "well, we'll see him here in about five minutes...." Sure enough they wheeled him in a few minutes later.